Rally To Restore Sanity

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely agree that both this day, and 2 NOV 2010 will be days that will be remembered. Why? Because I am just barely old enough to remember Jimmy Carter...that's why.

I remember the same great uncertainty then. I definitely remember waiting in lines for gas. I remember the speech where he blamed everybody else but himself for the economy. I remember when he told us that we needed to start walking...talking, whatever, as though we were the ones who created the stagflation. :rolleyes: And I sure as hell remember the USA hockey team and then Reagan cleaning up Carter's mess. (Disclaimer: Reagan had to do extreme things to clean up an extreme mess)

See, I am convinced that we need a Jimmy Carter-type D-bag to come along every 30 years or so and be President. Specifically to remind us just how ineffective far left people are in foreign policy(Iran then, Iran now), just how weak they are in the face of difficult decision making, just how awful their economic plans are, and just how indifferent they are when they inevitably fail. Most Americans are good people and that means they have an inherent tendency to forgive and forget. Unfortunately, that also means we need an Obama-type to provide us a generational reminder of the buffoonery that is the far left.

Yes, I am certain you will remember this election, the days leading up to it, and most definitely the things that happen as a result. We all will. We will all be reminded why we should never let the far left be in charge of anything....and we will fire their sorry asses....for another 30 years anyway. :wallbash: