Anybody else really jacked up

DreamOnDan

It wasn't even the two touchdown passes he caught. It was the one handed catch over the middle while being mugged that assured me, he is the future of this recieving core. I hope that Moulds restructures to stay a few years. I think that his is regretting saying that he might need to explore his options next year. He needs a Lee Evans next to him. He should at least restructure to stay as long as Evans is signed. Do you think that Josh Reed is a good slot? Good enough? I'd like to see another WR drafted this offseason. One with speed, and height.

I really laid it on the line defending Josh Reed earlier this season. Boy, I eat those words. I was just thinking along the lines of a Mike Williams in the second rd. The big, tall, and fast reciever that would have gone top 10 last year. He'll most likely be gone before we pick. I saw a thingy on NFL network stating that this will be a great draft for tackles. Also DBs and WRs

Evans looks like a 3rd-4th year player out there --- Not a rookie...I am VERY please with the pick..

Josh Reed? * BUST * .... His attitude seems to reflect the mentality that I have seen with some pro athletes that are great in college, but stink it up in the pros: Them seem to think since they dominated in college that all they have to do is show up as a pro and their abilites will carry them...Sorry, it doesn't work like that...

Evans looks like a 3rd-4th year player out there --- Not a rookie...I am VERY please with the pick..

Josh Reed?  * BUST * ....  His attitude seems to reflect the mentality that I have seen with some pro athletes that are great in college, but stink it up in the pros:  Them seem to think since they dominated in college that all they have to do is show up as a pro and their abilites will carry them...Sorry, it doesn't work like that...

149037[/snapback]

I think Evans is now what Peerless was back in 2002, which equals Drew having more success in the passing game. If teams are going to focus on Eric than they are going to get burned by a guy nobody really has on their radar yet. I think he will be a much better player than Peerless and could even make the Probowl next year.

Accroding to Lori's numbers it seems Mr. Evans just might break our Rookie WR records! <_<

Lee Evans, 2004 (12 games): 29 catches - 554 yds, 19.1 ypc, 5 TD, 1 100-yard game

Josh Reed, 2002: 37 catches - 509 yds, 13.8 ypc, 2 TD, 1 100-yard game

Peerless Price, 1999: 31 catches - 393 yds, 12.7 ypc, 3 TD, 1 100-yd game

Eric Moulds, 1996: 20 catches - 279 yds, 14.0 ypc, 2 TD

Andre Reed, 1985: 48 catches - 637 yds, 13.3 ypc, 4 TD, 1 100-yd game

Jerry Butler, 1979 (13 games): 48 catches - 834 yds, 17.4 ypc, 4 TD, 2 100-yd games

He is on a current pace for...

39 rec 739 yards and about 7 TD's. Not Butlers numbers but better than Reeds :doh:

Accroding to Lori's numbers it seems Mr. Evans just might break our Rookie WR records! 

Lee Evans, 2004 (12 games): 29 catches - 554 yds, 19.1 ypc, 5 TD, 1 100-yard game

Josh Reed, 2002: 37 catches - 509 yds, 13.8 ypc, 2 TD, 1 100-yard game

Peerless Price, 1999: 31 catches - 393 yds, 12.7 ypc, 3 TD, 1 100-yd game

Eric Moulds, 1996: 20 catches - 279 yds, 14.0 ypc, 2 TD

Andre Reed, 1985: 48 catches - 637 yds, 13.3 ypc, 4 TD, 1 100-yd game

Jerry Butler, 1979 (13 games): 48 catches - 834 yds, 17.4 ypc, 4 TD, 2 100-yd games

He is on a current pace for...

39 rec 739 yards and about 7 TD's. Not Butlers numbers but better than Reeds 

Thanks, Ice. Hadn't seen these. Wow!!!

I remember someone talking about an interview with Josh prior to last season, where he sounded stoned.  Could it be possible that that might be the reason?  I just can't figure out how this guy went from having sure hands to having NO hands?!

148899[/snapback]

I get stoned and I still have hands!

Have been since before we drafted him. he is the most complete WR to come out of this draft.

Now start throwing the guy come slants and 20 yard in's and let him RAC and see how good he is  <_<

148993[/snapback]

what about michael clayton?

what about michael clayton?

149376[/snapback]

I think MC has been thrown to more than Evans, I havent checked. But honestly Evans is the most complete WR coming out this year. And to be honest I have stated I felt that way even BEFORE the draft

Evans is going to be an amazing player. The way he went after that one ball from drew was incredible...that deep bomb that drew lead him on and evans just turns on the afterburners and goes and gets it leaving sammy knight wondering if his jock was still on or if he had lost it somewhere in his pant leg.

I can only hope we can get a big Jerry Porter/Tyrone Calico-type Wr to replace Moulds.

149471[/snapback]

i think porter would be a great fit if we were to lose moulds. he's a free agent this year right?

ps. with your name, you should have MY avatar.

I was thrilled when I heard Tagliabue say Lee Evans last April, cuz everything I had read about him was precisely what we needed. I'll take any bet that in 5 years, Lee will be considered the best receiver in that WR-rich draft.

It wasn't even the two touchdown passes he caught.  It was the one handed catch over the middle while being mugged that assured me, he is the future of this recieving core.  I hope that Moulds restructures to stay a few years.  I think that his is regretting saying that he might need to explore his options next year.  He needs a Lee Evans next to him.  He should at least restructure to stay as long as Evans is signed.  Do you think that Josh Reed is a good slot?  Good enough?  I'd like to see another WR drafted this offseason.  One with speed, and height.

148884[/snapback]

When we made that choice there was no hesitation. And it was a good pick. A great #2 WR. But Moulds is still the #1 option.