BIG FITZPATRICK FAN HERE

#1 The players love him (Very Important)

#2 Smart. :worthy:

#3 Reads Defenses as well as any QB in the NFL.

#4 Above Average arm Strength. :unsure:

#5 Scrambles well, Top 10 in the NFL (my opinion)

#6 A gambler,willing to let the receiver make a play.

Needs to work on accuracy and consistency

While you guys wanted him waived this summer, I wanted him to start. So far you LOSE! :flirt:

This is Ryan Fitzpatricks chance to win a starting job in the NFL......you may want to back him. I am! :nana:

Edited by Another Point of View

While you guys wanted him waived this summer, I wanted him to start. So far you LOSE! :flirt:

This is Ryan Fitzpatricks chance to win a starting job in the NFL......you may want to back him. I am! :nana:

We're all rooting for your son Mrs. Fitzpatrick.

Unfortunately, what you list as an afterthought - ACCURACY - is, in fact, the #1 qualification for NFL QB's, and largely what seperates them from the majority of NCAA QB's.

I'll still be pulling for him - but based on the number of 3 and outs he generated with wild throws last season, I don't hold out much hope.

Fitzpatrick has been my horse in this race from the beginning as well. I knew Edwards sucked and was completely perplexed in the way the QB "competition" shook out over the course of the summer.

I have nothing against Brohm, but I personally see more in Fitzpatrick.

Back when we had Fairchild (I know, he was terrible..) as our OC, I had identified Fitz as a potential future QB of the Bills because he played well for Martz and Fairchild was something of a Martz disciple.

I was so glad when we signed him as I had followed his career since.

Everyone sees him as a stop gap but don't be so sure. I think Fitz can play QB in this league if we give him a chance to succeed.

Our line does need work, and so do our WRs, but I promise you Fitz will make them both look better.

Fitzpatrick has been my horse in this race from the beginning as well. I knew Edwards sucked and was completely perplexed in the way the QB "competition" shook out over the course of the summer.

I have nothing against Brohm, but I personally see more in Fitzpatrick.

Back when we had Fairchild (I know, he was terrible..) as our OC, I had identified Fitz as a potential future QB of the Bills because he played well for Martz and Fairchild was something of a Martz disciple.

I was so glad when we signed him as I had followed his career since.

Everyone sees him as a stop gap but don't be so sure. I think Fitz can play QB in this league if we give him a chance to succeed.

Our line does need work, and so do our WRs, but I promise you Fitz will make them both look better.

Completly agree :thumbsup:

I'm still coming to grips with the fact that there are Fitzpatrick "fans." Really?

I didn't see much last year to get excited about. He has to be one of the most inaccurate passers in Bills history. I cringe every time he drops back to pass. You could make a drinking game on whether he over or under throws the receiver.

On the other hand, at least he actually throws the ball down field occasionally. [sigh]

Your list is somewhat assumptive, no?

1-TO did at least.

2-So is (was) Trent

3-Does he really read Def. as well as any QB? Better than the Manning(s), Brady's, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Romos, Ryans...insert 10 other names here

4-I think your joking here.

5-He'll need it.

6-Same here.

I think accuracy and consistency are two of the most important traits for any QB. Oh well.

I'm still coming to grips with the fact that there are Fitzpatrick "fans." Really?

I didn't see much last year to get excited about. He has to be one of the most inaccurate passers in Bills history. I cringe every time he drops back to pass. You could make a drinking game on whether he over or under throws the receiver.

On the other hand, at least he actually throws the ball down field occasionally. [sigh]

Thank you.

I have seen a few poor passes but the line has something to do with that. He does gamble on some passes but I think he has 250-300 yards this week.

Unfortunately, what you list as an afterthought - ACCURACY - is, in fact, the #1 qualification for NFL QB's, and largely what seperates them from the majority of NCAA QB's.

I'll still be pulling for him - but based on the number of 3 and outs he generated with wild throws last season, I don't hold out much hope.

It actually is not the #1 qualification for NFL QBs. It is important but definitely not the most important above all other characteristics. Knowing how to read defenses/knowing where to go with the football and pocket awareness are the most important things. A QB can have a long career if he has those two.. ability to make all required NFL throws and then toughness probably come right after that. If you've got all those and then are fairly accurate on top of that, then you're probably one of the best. No QB completes every pass but as long as they can get hot and get in a rhythm and be accurate at times then you can win the superbowl (see Eli Manning).

Your list is somewhat assumptive, no?

1-TO did at least.

2-So is (was) Trent

3-Does he really read Def. as well as any QB? Better than the Manning(s), Brady's, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Romos, Ryans...insert 10 other names here

4-I think your joking here.

5-He'll need it.

6-Same here.

I think accuracy and consistency are two of the most important traits for any QB. Oh well.

Thank you.

He needs to work on accracy but that will come with a better offensive line.

I think he scambles very well, the exact ranking is questionable.

Hey, I think it's great Fitz is QB. As sad as it is, he is the best QB on our team right now. But please come on. We are playing the Patriots this week coming off of a loss. The Bills will be lucky to get 150 Yds passing this week. The talent between our two teams is night and day. It's gonna be another blow out folks. 34-17 Pats.

How big are you? over 6 foot and 300lbs?

Guest dog14787

Ryan Fitzpatrick may be better suited for both Gailey and the state of the O-line.

I sound like a broken record, but Fitz basically has won 9 of his last 14 starts(counting the Jets game TE played 5 plays) The winning percentage over the stretch when put in a 16 game season has Ryan Fitpatrick knocking on the door to the playoffs.

Ugly sometimes, but the team does rally around Fitz and he finds a way to win.

Edited by dog14787