Why is Fitzpatrick doomed to fail?

Some will say no arm strength....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwlUnoJ3bxo

Some will say,he can't read a defense, not true. Actually this is his best quality

Not big Enough?

Doesn't have a cool name like TIM TEBOW?

Throws to many INT'S, hardly

Runs well, never takes a bad sack, certainly not injury prone......

Ok, so what is it?

Edited by Another Point of View

youtube.com/watch?v=PwlUnoJ3bxo

Some will say,he can't read a defense, not true. Actually this is his best quality

Not big Enough?

Ok, so what is it?

He lacks consistency and accuracy.

Not big Enough?

Ok, so what is it?

Good post :thumbsup:

Edited by cåblelady

OK, he needs to work on that.

Don't get me wrong though. He's going to make things interesting. I think the Bills are better on offense with Fitzpatrick behind this line. He has more of an ability to make something out of nothing than Edwards, and that's what is currently needed.

Don't get me wrong though. He's going to make things interesting. I think the Bills are better on offense with Fitzpatrick behind this line. He has more of an ability to make something out of nothing than Edwards, and that's what is currently needed.

I think he is a border line starter in the NFL, if he impoves he could be the answer, if not, a career backup.

He lacks consistency and accuracy.

And ACCURACY is the NUMBER ONE qualifier for an NFL QB.

Unless Fitz has improved his accuracy dramatically since last year, he is no better than a bad backup.

Trent doesn't force the ball or have the right pocket sense to handle this OL, but Fitz frequently just plain misses the target, even when it's to a wide-open player - not that we've got many of those.

He may do well if he's better at audibling out of bad plays - something it seemed (though hard to tell from our position as fans) like Trent wasn't doing well enough in pre-snap reads to get out of bad situations - or hang tough when the blitz wasn't on, for that matter.

And ACCURACY is the NUMBER ONE qualifier for an NFL QB.

Unless Fitz has improved his accuracy dramatically since last year, he is no better than a bad backup.

Trent doesn't force the ball or have the right pocket sense to handle this OL, but Fitz frequently just plain misses the target, even when it's to a wide-open player - not that we've got many of those.

He may do well if he's better at audibling out of bad plays - something it seemed (though hard to tell from our position as fans) like Trent wasn't doing well enough in pre-snap reads to get out of bad situations - or hang tough when the blitz wasn't on, for that matter.

+1

1. He couldn't even beat out Trent Edwards.

2. His offensive line is the same one we saw last week

3. He doesn't have much in the way of receivers

4. The coaches apparently don't know how to use the running game to take the pressure off.

5. The defense can't get him on the field to play. (time of possession)

6. The receivers not only can't catch catchable balls, they are ineffective at preventing preventable interceptions

Other than those things I think Fitz is pretty good shape...oh...I forgot... he doesn't have very much talent.

I think he is a border line starter in the NFL, if he impoves he could be the answer, if not, a career backup.

A borderline starter at the QB spot is the best we have. Fitzpatrick is the best QB on this team because the other 2 guys aren't even borderline starters-neither Trent Edwards nor Brian Brohm belongs in the NFL. At least Fitzpatrick is a good 2nd stringer-a guy who on a normal team can win games if the starter goes down. The other 2 belong in the UFL or Arenaball.

4. The coaches apparently don't know how to use the running game to take the pressure off.

6. The receivers not only can't catch catchable balls, they are ineffective at preventing preventable interceptions

Other than those things I think Fitz is pretty good shape...oh...I forgot... he doesn't have very much talent.

I think that perfectly sums it up. Well done.

However, he did lead our team to more wins than Trent did last year.

Try no offensive line. :rolleyes:

BS they had injuries like no other last year. This offensive line is not great but Edwards does not make those around him better including the offensive line.

BS they had injuries like no other last year. This offensive line is not great but Edwards does not make those around him better including the offensive line.

Getting tired of this do you know how one works with the other. If you can't pass the football I'll just blitz the hell out of you with everyone at the line of scrimmage- stuff the run if they pass so what kill the quarterback. There is only one way to slow this down and Edwards can't or won't do it and the whole league knows it. Carbon copy against us every week. If we play a team that doesn't blitz they do when they play us.

Fitz will atleast attempt the throws, probably hit a couple and all of a sudden our offensive line isn't that horrible.