A Bold Prediction Concerning the QB's

I like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Terriffic guy coming off the bench in a pinch. Certainly more willing to blindly chuck the ball downfield than TE was. The way its looking, as things currently stand, Trent will go down in Bills history burning on a pyre right next to Rob Johnson's. Similar situation imo.

Rob had a beautiful arm, but he didnt have great instincts (as far as sensing pressure), held the ball too long, took too many sacks. Trent has a fantastic throwing motion, excellent velocity for such a quick release, but even I, a long time TE apologist will now admit that he is shellshocked.

This reminds me of the year we pulled Todd Collins and started AVP.

Roll up the sidewalks.....the partys over.....mail it in.

Oh yeah, and btw, I'm SURE that Mallett or Locker or whoever the f*** it is will be just AWESOME next year. :blink:

Edited by marsadale

Where does the bold prediction part enter into it?

It's not in the least bit bold. At least it shouldn't be to anyone that can see the obvious. Like that the coaches know that all the QB's aren't good enough to win in the NFL, and that Brian Brohm in particular, isn't the answer.

But if you think the coaches are completely clueless, and have just been overlooking the next Kurt Warner, this might be considered a bold prediction.

I have heard that 10% of mankind doesn't understand, or have any sense of, facetiousness or sarcasm.

They must all be Brohm fans too.

WotAGuy, on 20 September 2010 - 08:48 PM, said:

I really think you need to keep your suck preferences to yourself...children may be reading this.

Aww, c'mon Dude...you gotta admit you left yourself open for that one.....it's all in jest....at least for me! B-)

haha, yeah, I assumed it was a joke, but you never know....

Edited by ThrowIt

You're right, they probably didn't look at his previous three years and 30+ starts worth of tape. If they did, there's no way he would've been favored from the start.

Chan repeatedly said all the players were starting with a clean slate. So while he may have looked at the tape, he gave them even ground to start. I didn't hear anyone complaining that Fitz or Brohm outplayed Trent during the entire preseason.

It's not in the least bit bold. At least it shouldn't be to anyone that can see the obvious. Like that the coaches know that all the QB's aren't good enough to win in the NFL, and that Brian Brohm in particular, isn't the answer.

But if you think the coaches are completely clueless, and have just been overlooking the next Kurt Warner, this might be considered a bold prediction.

I have heard that 10% of mankind doesn't understand, or have any sense of, facetiousness or sarcasm.

They must all be Brohm fans too.

sorry, was busy banging my head against the wall that the plate -- you suggested i might have up there -- must have shifted and blocked access to a frontal lobe. and in fear of attempting to pin down your point and cause further and potentially irreversible damage, i now see that you are contradicting yourself in noting that your prediction, in fact, might not be so bold or, to quote you, 'not in the least bit.'

so why, in creating your thread, did you refer to it as some sort of "bold prediction."

i think many here would have characterized it as tepid at best.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

Considering how bad this team is at all positions, saying Fitz won't help is not exactly sticking your neck out.

PTR

The offense will just suck in a different way. Instead of having a QB who can't make a decision with the ball and who ends up checking down on most plays we'll have a QB who can make decisions, throw it (generally) to the correct place but will skip it or overthrow it half the time. This will lead to more turnovers but likely lead to more points as well. We'll lose just as many games this way but at least I won't have to sit in my living room every Sunday yelling, "THROW THE DAMN BALL!" as I watch the porous offensive line allow guys to get to the QB in under 2 seconds. I will instead be yelling, "WHO THE HELL WERE YOU THROWING THAT BALL TO?"