Who Is Going To Be The Veteran QB

BuffaloBaumer

Even if the draft choice starts from day one, Buffalo needs a real QB to teach this guy. Who can do that next year? Brunell, Collins, Delhomme?

I was hoping that it was going to be McNabb this past offseason, but I guess Nix doesn't like him too much.

You dont necessarily need an older QB to "mentor" a young one. In Tampa, they've got Freeman starting with John Johnson and Rudy Carpenter as backups. None of those guys has been in the league more than 3 years.

Yes, but I would like to have this QB have every option of a support staff. God knows the Bills have screwed up enough QBs already...

Someone mentioned hasslebeck the other day.... if we could get him somehow, I like that option more than others.

That was me, yesterday or the day before. Hasslebeck is a free agent at the end of this year and with Seattle giving up the farm for Whitehurst I think this is Hasselbeck's last year up there.

By the way, Jason Campbell didn't look too good yesterday. I'll man up and say for a fourth or fifth rounder I was willing to bring him in for a look.

That was me, yesterday or the day before. Hasslebeck is a free agent at the end of this year and with Seattle giving up the farm for Whitehurst I think this is Hasselbeck's last year up there.

By the way, Jason Campbell didn't look too good yesterday. I'll man up and say for a fourth or fifth rounder I was willing to bring him in for a look.

me too, but in our defense no one has looked as bad as trent