Little doubt our O-Line is the NFL's worst now

billsfreak

The Offensive Line was even more pathetic this week than last week, and to be honest I wasn't sure that was possible. We will have the Edwards Haters Club full of idiots (like Benjamin Button) who will try to blame it all on the QB but that will just be a display of their ignorance. He had no time at all today, then on the few plays when he was given time, the recievers would drop the ball. The first three pass plays were two sacks and a ball that hit Fred Jackson in the hands and he didn't catch it (same as the first pass last week-is there a pattern here?). Even the announcers stated that is doesn't matter who the quarterback is, if they don't block or catch the ball the QB won't be successful. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying Edwards is the future of this team, maybe his is, maybe he isn't, but it really makes you sick the people on TBD that don't know football and blame everything on the QB. He didn't throw a single interception today (or this year for that matter) that was his fault. Johnson should have caught the one that hit his hands and the other one Parrish should have caught and not handed off to the defender. This team has alot of weaknesses, but none as glaring as this O-Line, which the team ignored during the draft and off season this year-at least as far as bringing in quality and not some other teams garbage. Before the season started most predictors said we were one of the worst two teams in the NFL, along with Tampa Bay. They are now 2-0 and we are 0-2 and not even competitive, so it is really tough to argue that we are the worst team in the NFL.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see, Bell is struggling, Levitre is struggling, Hangartner isn't the answer at center, Wood is recovering, and Green is pitiful. Edwards is a schmuck.

\

Bell has been the best player on our O line this year. You know #69 and #77 at LT aren't both Bell right?

Agreed the OL is the worst in the league. Matthews embarrased Bell and Green. Most QBs would look bad on the Bills, but Trent is awful. Even when he has time he doesn't know what to do with the ball. He doesn't read the line of scrimmage (dump off to Roscoe that was intercepted). We need like 10 first round picks next year... get to work Buddy.

Agreed the OL is the worst in the league. Matthews embarrased Bell and Green. Most QBs would look bad on the Bills, but Trent is awful. Even when he has time he doesn't know what to do with the ball. He doesn't read the line of scrimmage (dump off to Roscoe that was intercepted). We need like 10 first round picks next year... get to work Buddy.

Jesus god., I watched that game, Matthews beat Bell once. He beat Meredith the other times.

clueless? 3rd & 6 when the game was still 13-7. Trent throws to Stevie who gets CLOBBERED after 4 yards. WIDE THE !@#$ OPEN next to Johnson are Parrish and a RB, maybe Spiller. Trent is garbage. ZERO game awareness. I swear to god he knows who he's throwing to before the play comes in from the sidelines.

And if you think that his is an either/or situation, you're clueless.

Face it, Edwards isn't going to have a 'come to Breesus' moment.

I never said it was and either/or situation, it just isn't and "all Edwards fault and with anyone else in the NFL at QB we would be a good team" like alot of Edwards haters seem to imply. If all these people know more that the announcers on the game today, why are they sitting at home watchng a game and not in the booth at Lambeau Field calling the game along side Randy Cross? Cause they are full of it, that is why? They have horse blinders on and little knowledge of the game of football, thinking that if a QB is good they will be good on any team with any O-Line, and if they aren't it is all their fault.

Edited by billsfreak

No doubt that this o-line is pathetic, but if you know that your line sucks and your qb sucks, why not let Edwards run the qb option more? What's the worst that can happen...he get's hurt?

We really need to deal with the fact that not only do we not have a good qb and offensive line, our defensive line is about one of the worst in the league too...anyone hear Marcus Stroud's name called yet this year? What about the other d-lineman...unless they get called for going offsides?

I guess the open receivers he missed were never his fault. I think its sad when a QB struggles to even throw 100 yards. Yes the oline sucked, but when you here "I dont like to call audibles. i just trust to coach that he called the right play." That right there should tell you that Edwards is an idiot. 100% Trents Fault.

I never said it was and either/or situation, it just isn't and "all Edwards fault and with anyone else in the NFL at QB we would be a good team" like alot of Edwards haters seem to imply. If all these people know more that the announcers on the game today, why are they sitting at home watchng a game and not in the booth at Lambeau Field calling the game along side Randy Cross? Cause they are full of it, that is why? They have horse blinders on and little knowledge of the game of football, thinking that if a QB is good they will be good on any team with any O-Line, and if they aren't it is all their fault.

It's Trent. Get over it.

Jesus god., I watched that game, Matthews beat Bell once. He beat Meredith the other times.

You're right - Bell is pro-bowl. Seriously? Just stop it.

And don't defend Trent - it's like a 6 year old playing Madden where he just runs backwards and locks on one receiver.

How about talking about the real issues - like getting outcoached 24-0 in the second half. Chan's "halftime adjustments" really outsmarted Sherman.

Matthews embarassed Bell, and Green, and Wood and Meredith ... this is a very bad line.

You're right - Bell is pro-bowl. Seriously? Just stop it.

And don't defend Trent - it's like a 6 year old playing Madden where he just runs backwards and locks on one receiver.

How about talking about the real issues - like getting outcoached 24-0 in the second half. Chan's "halftime adjustments" really outsmarted Sherman.

Bell definitely isn't a pro bowler. But he's turning into a league average pass blocker. And he was definitely our best lineman today. But yea TE sucks I agree with you there. Just pay attention to the LT substitutions next week.

Edited by mob16151

Bell cisn't a pro bowler. But he's turning into a league average pass blocker. And he was definitely our best lineman today. But yea TE sucks I agree with you there. Just pay attention to the LT substitutions next week.

Understood. I know they are limiting Bell to 1/3 - 1/2 of the game due to his injury from last year. I think he can be okay, but that's his ceiling. Get someone else in the offseason.

Newsflash: Clay Matthews embarrasses just about every OLine he goes against.

Yeah, but Maybin is better. Just ask the front office.