Performance of our 1st round Picks

Thoner7

Here is how all of the Bills 1st round picks faired today

2004, Evans: 0 catches 0 yards - was he even on the field?

2005, None

2006, Whitner: 2 assisted tackles. No picks, pass break ups, or big hits. talk about average.

2006, McCargo: I dont think he was on the field once.

2007, Lynch: 17 carries for 64 yards. Played very well behind a nothing OL.

2008, MCkelvin: Slowly becoming our top CB

2009, Maybin: Horrible in every sense of the word. Played maybe 10 snaps

2009, Wood: Starting G who has struggled more than expected in the last 2 games

2010, Spiller: 1 carry for 3 yards, 4 catches for 23 yards. Looked very average, was 3rd on the depth chart today.

- Now someone try and tell me we dont have serious issue in our scouting department. This one game was a microcosm of how all these players have faired in their careers. Any ESPN idiot could draft better than this. Many a poster on this board could have out drafted the Bills with these picks. Truely embarassing that an NFL Franchise could even remotely draft this bad.

About your overall point, I agree and was thinking the same thing during the game. Our losses basically stem from draft day - our top guys are not difference makers.

I'm not as optimistic about McKelvin though, I don't see any impact there. He is a nice tackler after he allows first downs, though.

2005, None

2006, Whitner: 2 assisted tackles. No picks, pass break ups, or big hits. talk about average.

2010, Spiller: 1 carry for 3 yards, 4 catches for 23 yards. Looked very average, was 3rd on the depth chart today.

- Now someone try and tell me we dont have serious issue in our scouting department. This one game was a microcosm of how all these players have faired in their careers. Any ESPN idiot could draft better than this. Many a poster on this board could have out drafted the Bills with these picks. Truely embarassing that an NFL Franchise could even remotely draft this bad.

It is worse than what you posted.

McCargo didn't even dress. Whitner dropped a 97 yard INT TD. He talks garbage after being late to a play on a dropped ball and had at least three more dirty plays. Wood may never recover from that injury. Spiller pick should have been an OL, LB or trade down.

And leaving out Losman ignores the lost years thinking he was going to be an NFL QB.

Also don't forget the picks given up to move back into the first round for McCargo or could have been had moving down in the first round(well documented in Whitner's case).

2005, None

Horrible outlook.

Lets not forget that Whitner dropped an interception that would have stopped them from scoring and McCargo is not even good enough to dress.

Most depressing is the play of Wood. I expected more.

Maybin still looks like a child out there. Clay Mathews Jr -- WOW!!!

2005, None

Well lets see, the guy doing most of the scouting during those picks is Modrak. Who brought him in? Tom Donahoe. Who hired Donahoe? Ralph Wilson. Who kept Modrak here after TD was gone? Ralph Wilson. Anyone getting the theme here?

2005, None

All those picks have one thing in common...Tom Modrak

You know thats the really sad part. The team is so hopeless we're always looking to next year and some impact players in the draft only to be disappointed year after year. I honestly believe theres draftniks on this board who watch college football, the combine and armed with a few draft magazines that could of put together a better team than the Bills front office. Draft up for Losman--what?, pass on Ngata for Donte--are u kidding me, Mcgahee when we had Henry, Spiller when we have Fred and Lynch, McCargo-are you seriuous, Maybin the project, it goes on and on. We're getting so bad at drafting, its becoming historic.