Two Years Ago Christmas Eve...

buckeyemike

If the Bills ever did move, we all might find it as easy to change loyalties as Mr Horseman. I know I would. And he's already lost one team. Losing two would really suck.

I wish I could switch teams, I really really do. For the most part all the Bills give back to me is frustration for four wasted hours on Sundays in the fall, but they are my team for better or worse. The only thing that can sever that bond is if and when the Bills move. At that point the NFL is dead to me. I really don't see how a true fan of ANY team could feel differently.

Most of us are born and raised in WNY and we had no choice in the matter. We were born with this 100 lb. sack of **** on our backs called being a Bills fan.

C'est la vie. You can root for whatever team you want. Just don't expect much sympathy from die-hard Bills fans when you gloat about jumping ship to a franchise on the rise. But riddle me this, Batman: if and/or when Green Bay wins the big one, will you have gained a deep sense of satisfaction? Was that fandom earned through years of heartache and devotion? Do you deserve the right to say "That right there, THAT'S my team"?

It's not a mortal sin and again, it's your life. But every time I watch the Bills all I beg for is "just one time". Just one time let it be magical for this town, this team. And by God, when they do finally have that one shining moment I'll be crying my eyes out and basking in the afterglow, and it'll be because I rooted for that damn miserable team from the day I was born.

So take your satisfaction where you can get it. But for some of us, being a Bills fan isn't just about liking red, white, and blue laundry.

+1

4H is a football fan. Fine. Whatever. Although why he posts here is a mystery. Are we to congratulate you on your divinely inspired wisdom? Or should I now feel sorry myself that I didn't switch allegiances years ago.

Me, I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. There have been times I have wanted to divorce the Bills. (It usually happens no later than 4pm on Sundays.) But come Tuesday, I come crawling back. I cannot help it. I was born and raised in Buffalo. My earliest memories of the team were the 2 - 12 variety. Yeah, I am that old. No other team gives me the emotional swings like my Bills. I cannot care about another team. When Arizona for example, lost in the Super Bowl, I went on with my life. Yet, I still cannot watch the Bills Super Bowl highlights. I still hiss at the TV whenever I see Jimmy Johnson. I also hate the Dallas teams in the NHL, NBA, and Soccer. (OK, I don't hate the soccer team. They deserve each other.) When Norwood's kick went wide... I was literally hiding in another room. My wife had to break the news to me. She had that same look on her face when she told me my dog died.

And should the Bills lose today (or any other day), I'll probably boo the screen, and pout for the remainder of the day. On Monday, I'll continue to rant against the football gods for their unjust curse against my Bills. Come Tuesday, I'll start to plan my upcoming Sunday around the Bills game.

This is my addiction. I can't change. It now -- in part -- defines me.

I just love all the posts from people touting their new teams after they decide to stop supporting the Bills. It's like the ex-girlfriend who keeps showing up with her new boyfriend at your old haunts and wants a reaction.

Nobody cares.

All the best to you. The herd is better for having been thinned of your bandwagonness. Make a nice little hat out of a block of Velveeta and enjoy being a faux-cheesehead.

Buh

Bye.

Nicely put. :thumbsup: