Wonder what it's like...

bobinaz

With all the predictions for this coming game tomorrow, we as Bills fans have come to the conclusion (sickening as it may be) it's a loss for the team. But I wonder what it's like anymore to be the fan of a team that know's your team is going to win?

Chan said the team is getting back to basics for this week's game. Hmmm, is his offense too complicated? "IF" they win, it'll be becuase of the defense and special teams doing some magic. The offense will sputter, just like they did last week.

It feels great. In the late 1980s & through most of the 90s there were plenty of games that we knew we were going to see a win upon entering the then Rich Stadium. It's only since the name was changed to Ralph Wilson stadium that that stopped.

Between 1988-1996 I attended one or more games every season at Rich Stadium. Including playoffs, we never lost a single game I went to. I went into each game sure of a victory. Man it was bliss - the atmosphere in the stadium and all of western New York celebrating. The streak ended with Kelly's final game against Jacksonville in the 1996 wild card.

Edited by earthtobrint

With all the predictions for this coming game tomorrow, we as Bills fans have come to the conclusion (sickening as it may be) it's a loss for the team. But I wonder what it's like anymore to be the fan of a team that know's your team is going to win?

It was wonderful. Just knowing no matter what happened they'd have a chance to be in it....ahhhhhhhhh.

Actually while you are more excited you are also more nervous because there are no sure things in football.

Especially early in the season when the scouting report is less than complete.

BTW the forcast is for overcast skies, slight wind from the NW 5mph(left to right on television screen) temperature in the low 60's with a 20% chance of rain. Almost ideal conditions for a football game.