My ultimate trade between SD and Buf

Got_Wood

Sometimes, in order to get what you need you have to give up something valuable. That's why I think this is a really good trade:

San Diego gets:

Lee Evans

Donte Whitner

Jamon Meredith

Buffalo gets:

Marcus McNeill

Vincent Jackson

Do I think this would ever happen? No, I don't. Would it be good for both teams? Yes, it would. I believe Lee Evans has equal value to McNeill, and Whitner and Meredith have equal value to Jackson. Buffalo gets the LT they need and another #1 receiver, and San Diego gets a #1 receiver they don't have AND a Safety where they are very weak next to Weddle. In addition another developmental tackle since they're weak at that position right now.

I love Evans and wouldn't normally want to trade him, but this seems ideal to me.

Edited by Got_Wood

By the way, this is a football site and "our" Buffalo Bills are in need, so fire away! The trade is plausable, to some degree, however, the franchise is left dealing with San Diego General Manager A.J. Smith, and his ideas on trades are HEAVILY one sided affairs in the Chargers favor. I doubt that he will allow himself to deal either player considering his vast ego problem!!

This thread = :thumbdown:

The trade itself = :thumbsup:

I know, I get sick of the number of hypothetical trade threads that show up in this forum. This just seems to good to be true. San Diego is in a huge bind right now. They have a small window of opportunity to make a run at a championship, and two players at crucial positions don't want to play for them. Buffalo has a huge need on our QB's blind side, and we have some pieces that may work for San Diego. This would be enormous for both teams.

Sometimes, in order to get what you need you have to give up something valuable. That's why I think this is a really good trade:

San Diego gets:

Lee Evans

Donte Whitner

Jamon Meredith

Buffalo gets:

Marcus McNeill

Vincent Jackson

Do I think this would ever happen? No, I don't. Would it be good for both teams? Yes, it would. I believe Lee Evans has equal value to McNeill, and Whitner and Meredith have equal value to Jackson. Buffalo gets the LT they need and another #1 receiver, and San Diego gets a #1 receiver they don't have AND a Safety where they are very weak next to Weddle. In addition another developmental tackle since they're weak at that position right now.

I love Evans and wouldn't normally want to trade him, but this seems ideal to me.

No, it wouldn't, the value isn't even close. Two Pro Bowlers for Evans, a guy on the last year of his contract, and a 5th round OT who plays like a 5th round OT.

How about this:

San Diego gets:

Lee Evans

Donte Whitner

Marshawn Lynch

Buffalo gets:

Marcus McNeill

Vincent Jackson

3rd Round pick

Nope. Too much my friend. (as in too much involved in the deal to actually happen)

No, it wouldn't, the value isn't even close. Two Pro Bowlers for Evans, a guy on the last year of his contract, and a 5th round OT who plays like a 5th round OT.

Yes, the value is close and I'll tell you why. Jackson is worth nothing to them right now because he's not going to play in San Diego. There is a zero percent chance he will come back. So having Lee Evans who is pro bowl capable with a good QB, is an enormous bonus. In addition, I don't know what it means that Whitner is in the last year of his contract. So what? San Diego lost Kevin Ellison from USC because of drug issues before the season started. They have a big hole there. And Meredith is simply a developmental guy for them. I would throw in a 4th or 5th round pick as well to make it happen, but I think this is fair value.

Edited by Got_Wood

Nope. Too much my friend. (as in too much involved in the deal to actually happen)

Yes, the value is close and I'll tell you why. Jackson is worth nothing to them right now because he's not going to play in San Diego. There is a zero percent chance he will come back. So having Lee Evans who is pro bowl capable with a good QB, is an enormous bonus. In addition, I don't know what it means that Whitner is in the last year of his contract. So what? San Diego lost Kevin Ellison from USC because of drug issues before the season started. They have a big hole there. And Meredith is simply a developmental guy for them. I would throw in a 4th or 5th round pick as well to make it happen, but I think this is fair value.

There is not a large supply of players at Jackson's high level in the NFL. There are many teams that will be after a player of his caliber. Economics tells us that this will drive the price up to more than a guy who will be on the team for 14 games and a "developmental guy." Also, in order for a trade to happen involving Jackson he will have to be willing to sign a new contract with the team he is going to, not something that is likely with Buffalo.

I know, I get sick of the number of hypothetical trade threads that show up in this forum. This just seems to good to be true. San Diego is in a huge bind right now. They have a small window of opportunity to make a run at a championship, and two players at crucial positions don't want to play for them. Buffalo has a huge need on our QB's blind side, and we have some pieces that may work for San Diego. This would be enormous for both teams.

On the contrary they are in no bind whatsoever...the Chargers are happy to let both sit out the season to make a point.

The Chargers like the play of the replacement left tackle, he played much better at KC then McNeil ever did. Plus the WR spot has been filled by Lagedu Naanee who had 5 rec 100 yards and a TD

Seems like AJ Smith is one cantankerous SOB like someone else we know...

For two guys that couldn't be bothered to show up for camp, one of which is suspended when he does show up.

I know that the Bills have hurt you...they hurt you bad, and you're bitter, but our guys aren't really that bad. Whoa is you.

On the contrary they are in no bind whatsoever...the Chargers are happy to let both sit out the season to make a point.

The Chargers like the play of the replacement left tackle, he played much better at KC then McNeil ever did. Plus the WR spot has been filled by Lagedu Naanee who had 5 rec 100 yards and a TD

Seems like AJ Smith is one cantankerous SOB like someone else we know...

Sorry, that's just not the case. They would rather have McNeill playing in a heartbeat. And because Jackson wasn't on the field, Antonio Gates got double and even triple teamed at many points in this game.

Our guys in SD would be a huge lift to that team.

San Diego gets:

Lee Evans

Donte Whitner

Jamon Meredith

Buffalo gets:

Marcus McNeill

Vincent Jackson

Here's mine:

San Diego gets:

James Hardy

Bryan Scott

Jamon Meredith

Trent Edwards

Buffalo gets:

Marcus McNeill

Vincent Jackson

Philip Rivers

Why stop there. Lets just ask if they want to swap rosters.

Maybe we should.

Here's mine:

San Diego gets:

James Hardy

Bryan Scott

Jamon Meredith

Trent Edwards

Buffalo gets:

Marcus McNeill

Vincent Jackson

Philip Rivers

You should be a GM. You're creativity is unbelievable.

By the way, this is a football site and "our" Buffalo Bills are in need, so fire away! The trade is plausable, to some degree, however, the franchise is left dealing with San Diego General Manager A.J. Smith, and his ideas on trades are HEAVILY one sided affairs in the Chargers favor. I doubt that he will allow himself to deal either player considering his vast ego problem!!

Seriously? You think this trade would ever happen? Do you also see unicorns and have a sack of pixie dust?