The Man Who Stopped Both Suh And McCoy

The Senator

Stranger things have happened. The Saints have a good line - they traded that L.T. to the Skins and still have enough guys - it might be their practice squad material is good but that they need the room where they are weaker... and a guy who might deserve a chance gets to go somewhere he'll get a chance and maybe he'll turn out good. If he was on the practice squad it means they thought he would be good eventually, or that they simply didn't have the room at that position.

Jason Peters, Fred Jackson - examples of why it isn't always ridiculous to go after these guys.

Serious question Senator, what is Leech doing while the lawsuit is going on?

A bunch of things, besides kicking back in Key West. In addition to the daily Sirius radio show with Jack Arute that Nanker mentioned, Leach is a TV analyst on CBS College Sports network with Roger Twibell...

Leach takes on TV, plans to coach again

Mike Leach Ready for CBS Booth After Year of Travails and Travels

ESPN - Mike Leach talks new job

and working the 'rubber chicken circuit', honing his public speaking skills...

Leach delivers at TD Club

I caught his first game last Saturday - he wasn't bad, didn't stutter or stammer, but basically still trying to 'find his voice'. He delivered a few funny lines, kept mumbling some nonsense about clubbing seals, but I'm still wating for the good stuff...

College Football: Top 10 Things Mike Leach Might Say on CBS

But I suspect the broadcasting thing won't last once the lawsuit is settled - there are a number of college coaches in the 'hot seat', and Leach is definitely looking to get back in...

Jim Harris: Quick Glance Says Leach Should Be Re-Employed This Time Next Year

(And, if Chan really thinks he gave the Bills young offense too much to think about in his Miami game plan, Leach is known for running a simplified game plan of about 6-10 plays from about a dozen different formation, and had let it be known that he'd consider an offensive coordinator position the NFL - Dan Patrick Show: Mike Leach to coach in NFL? B-) )

Edited by The Senator

A bunch of things, besides kicking back in Key West. In addition to the daily Sirius radio show with Jack Arute that Nanker mentioned, Leach is a TV analyst on CBS College Sports network with Roger Twibell...

Leach takes on TV, plans to coach again

Mike Leach Ready for CBS Booth After Year of Travails and Travels

ESPN - Mike Leach talks new job

and working the 'rubber chicken circuit', honing his public speaking skills...

Leach delivers at TD Club

I caught his first game last Saturday - he wasn't bad, didn't stutter or stammer, but basically still trying to 'find his voice'. He delivered a few funny lines, kept mumbling some nonsense about clubbing seals, but I'm still wating for the good stuff...

College Football: Top 10 Things Mike Leach Might Say on CBS

But I suspect the broadcasting thing won't last once the lawsuit is settled - there are a number of college coaches in the 'hot seat', and Leach is definitely looking to get back in...

Jim Harris: Quick Glance Says Leach Should Be Re-Employed This Time Next Year

(And, if Chan really thinks he gave the Bills young offense too much to think about in his Miami game plan, Leach is known for running a simplified game plan of about 6-10 plays from about a dozen different formation, and had let it be known that he'd consider an offensive coordinator position the NFL - Dan Patrick Show: Mike Leach to coach in NFL? B-) )

These posts make my day. Never outdone, you make a hell of case!! I think you should send this **** to Nix and Co. You would almost certainly get Ralph's attention.

One of the very few college football offensive linemen who played against Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy multiple times but never gave up a sack to either one, Texas Tech guard...

Brandon Carter

Git 'er done, Buddy! B-)

The fact he was released from a practice squad tells me just how good he is...

...plus, we don't need another Guard, let alone another ****ty one.

The fact he was released from a practice squad tells me just how good he is...plus, we don't need another Guard, let alone another ****ty one.

Wow - we have a professional scout among us, I see!

And did the fact that undrafted Kurt Warner was cut by Green Bay before the 1994 season began also tell you everything you needed to know about the 4-time Pro Bowl, Superbowl MVP, future HOF QB??? :unsure:

Yes, git r done...because the Saints simply do not know how to evaluate talent.

Or maybe, unlike the Bills, they are deep with o-line talent and have other needs but - like every other NFL team - only 8 roster spots on their practice squad. :doh:

Stranger things have happened. The Saints have a good line - they traded that L.T. to the Skins and still have enough guys - it might be their practice squad material is good but that they need the room where they are weaker... and a guy who might deserve a chance gets to go somewhere he'll get a chance and maybe he'll turn out good. If he was on the practice squad it means they thought he would be good eventually, or that they simply didn't have the room at that position. Jason Peters, Fred Jackson - examples of why it isn't always ridiculous to go after these guys.

Excellent points, sllib - thank you. What the moronic GameHendge and the newbie Decimus apparently fail to realize is that not too long ago the draft used to consist of 12 rounds, before that 17 rounds, and - once upon a time, when the earth was still cooling - as many as 30 rounds. (Johnny Unitas was drafted in the 9th round in 1955, former Bills 2-time AFC Championship QB Jack Kemp - 17th round in 1957, and former Bills/Raiders Pro Bowl QB Daryle Lamonica - 2nd best win % in NFL history behind Otto Graham - 24th round in 1963!)

The point that is lost on Gamehendge and Decimus is, thankfully, clearly recognized by Buddy Nix...

"There are a lot of good players out there. As all of us in here probably remember when there were 12 rounds and then there were 17 at one time. All of those players after seven rounds are still out there."

Link - Undrafted players crucial to rookie classes

I wonder if pro scout Gamehendge and newbie Decimus realize that in addition to Jason Peters and Fred Jackson, whom you mentioned, former Bills London Fletcher and Pat Williams - one of the NFL's best run-stoppers - were also undrafted, or that 9-time Pro Bowl, CFL and NFL HOF QB Warren Moon went undrafted after twelve rounds in 1978!!!!

Take a look, Gamehendge, at some of the talent you and your fellow pro scouts have missed over the years...

Link - Best undrafted players of all time

The Bills are woefully lacking in o-line talent and depth, are in a rebuilding phase and desparately in need of young o-line talent to develop, and currently have only one offensive lineman on their practice squad (Jason Watkins) - they should probably have 3 or 4, IMHO.

Git 'er done, Buddy! And while your at it, take a look at Cal left tackle Mike Tepper as well...

Edited by The Senator

I'd be for picking him up just because he looks like a character. If we're going to play like the Bad News Bears we might as well start looking like them.

A character??? Waddaya mean??? Looks like your typical All-American kid to me. I don't get it...

Carter

Also one of the smartest guys on the team, according to his OL coach...

Texas Tech thrives on character of offensive line

But what is really intriguing is Leach's description of Carter's love of the game -

"When the game's over, it's like he's disappointed because he wants to keep playing. He'd play another 60 minutes if he could."

Edited by The Senator

I'd be for picking him up just because he looks like a character. If we're going to play like the Bad News Bears we might as well start looking like them.

He's a facepainter :thumbdown: he would not be popular around here, only children and clowns do THAT. :ph34r:

Great links Senator. After viewing all those quality former FA's, how can anyone really state a case for not at least checking out a FA. If you never look you'll never find a potential contributor... or even a rare gem.

That is what Buddy does, I am sure he must be doing that all the time. I am sure there is a bit more to it then we know but he is out there looking for guys that can contribute he said so on Monday!

A character??? Waddaya mean??? Looks like your typical All-American kid to me. I don't get it...

Carter

I really want to know how he gets his hair to look like that after he has his helmet on, pictures gotta be before a game IMO Or he stands around on the sidelines fixing it. :rolleyes:

Tony Washington is out there too Senator. He is a guy I havent seen play personally, but from all the reports on the TV he was a 2nd round prospect almost unanimously by scouts. Sitting at home with his sister... waiting for a team to sack up and pick him up. I would be all over his signing and I have never seen him play. Cant hurt at all.

One of the very few college football offensive linemen who played against Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy multiple times but never gave up a sack to either one, Texas Tech guard...

Brandon Carter

Git 'er done, Buddy! B-)

Maybe they released him because he is over aggressive like Incognito. The Bills are fond of "Passive" linemen who are into Yoga and leave "Peaceprints". This guy might not fit in with them.