I thought jauron was fired

ABF21

Not really. The only thing I could find fault in is calling to many designed screen passes when we all knew they were not working. Jauron never called screen passes to that extent in a single game.

Galey has a totally different offensive philosophy. We seen a lot of dual back sets, shotgun and motion which Jauron never used. For this offense to succeed Galey has to understand that we have to throw the ball down field when the running game is not working. IMO Galey is a an improvement over Jauron.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Not really. The only thing I could find fault in is calling to many designed screen passes when we all knew they were not working. Jauron never called screen passes to that extent in a single game.

Galey has a totally different offensive philosophy. We seen a lot of dual back sets, shotgun and motion which Jauron never used. For this offense to succeed Galey has to understand that we have to throw the ball down field when the running game is not working. IMO Galey is a an improvement over Jauron.

Gailey set up out of shotgun something like 40 times! This was terrible play calling. He should have used prosets and run the football to set up play action. Our best assett is our Rb's and our Oline is decent at runblocking but yet we rarely ran the ball. How can you defend Gailey for putting the ball in Trents hand 3/4 of the plays? This offense looked putrid, same as Jaurons, Gailey was outcoached and outschemed by the Fins. The D played good enough to win, Gailey let this team down.

Maybe it wasn't the playcalling that was the problem in the first place. Maybe it the execution of the plays that are called. We have the same ****ty players and expect different results.

Somebody tell me we would not be much better off if we had drafted Bulaga and Clausen instead of Spiller and Troupe.

I want chan gaily findgerprinted to see if he really is Dick Jauron in a chan gaily disguise.

Don't be a dick jauron get over it did you think they were going to come out with a new coach new scheme new players and look like the 90's Bills ?? Can't tell that your living in the age of instant gratification can we ??? :wallbash:

Maybe it wasn't the playcalling that was the problem in the first place. Maybe it the execution of the plays that are called. We have the same ****ty players and expect different results.

Somebody tell me we would not be much better off if we had drafted Bulaga and Clausen instead of Spiller and Troupe.

Yes perhaps, but if Trent was still behind center in this alter draft universe we would have had the exact same game as yesterday.

Gailey set up out of shotgun something like 40 times! This was terrible play calling. He should have used prosets and run the football to set up play action. Our best assett is our Rb's and our Oline is decent at runblocking but yet we rarely ran the ball. How can you defend Gailey for putting the ball in Trents hand 3/4 of the plays? This offense looked putrid, same as Jaurons, Gailey was outcoached and outschemed by the Fins. The D played good enough to win, Gailey let this team down.

+1

The less reliance on Trent the better. Offense should have looked similar to pre-season.

Where were the in-game adjustments?

I am not defending Gailey just saying he is a better coach than Jauron. With your post you proved my point that Gailey is nothing like Jauron in personality, philosophy and play calling. Its obvious Gailey is set on implementing his long term scheme both offensive and defensively. At this time the personnel is not present to execute his plan. We need to draft a quarterback and linebackers for the 3-4 for Gailey's long term plan to become sucessful.

I think you're confusing the results with the actual play calling. The result was the same but Gailey tried so many different plans, formations, plays that I don't see how you could confuse yesterday's plan with Jauron's. Jauron's problem was playing too conservative, while Gailey's was maybe the opposite.

Jauron would stick with the same plan even if it never worked, while I think Gailey could have stood to stand by a game plan longer. The Wildcat was moderately effective yet he never went back to it. He just never could establish one game plan.

I think you're confusing the results with the actual play calling. The result was the same but Gailey tried so many different plans, formations, plays that I don't see how you could confuse yesterday's plan with Jauron's. Jauron's problem was playing too conservative, while Gailey's was maybe the opposite.

Jauron would stick with the same plan even if it never worked, while I think Gailey could have stood to stand by a game plan longer. The Wildcat was moderately effective yet he never went back to it. He just never could establish one game plan.

Ditto that. I wasn't happy with all the calls, but you can't confuse yesterday's play calling with those of Jauron's OCs. Hell, they even made some adjustments yesterday.

Where were the in-game adjustments?

You didn't notice when he adjusted the offense to the wildcat and edwards was sidelined? You didn't notice when the bills switched to the no huddle mid drive?

The offense sucked a billion, but there were in-game adjustments. This offense looked nothing like jauron's, even though the results still sucked. Since Gailey tried so many different things, hopefully he knows what works better now and will use it. It sucks we started against miami, which is VERY strong against the run. If we were up against a team that wasn't so strong against it, the run game would have been more effective. And if we had a better line.

Maybe its best we hit rock bottom and rebuild instead of being in a constant state mediocrity like what we had in the Dick Jauron era. We need a quarterback plain and simple and our best option is to pick high in the draft. Perhaps this coaching staff can accept this? The rest can fall in place afterwards. In this league today you win with a quarterback and we do not have that. We have not had it in over a decade.

I am not defending Gailey just saying he is a better coach than Jauron. With your post you proved my point that Gailey is nothing like Jauron in personality, philosophy and play calling. Its obvious Gailey is set on implementing his long term scheme both offensive and defensively. At this time the personnel is not present to execute his plan. We need to draft a quarterback and linebackers for the 3-4 for Gailey's long term plan to become sucessful.

First off, saying Gailey is better than Jauron isn't much of a compliment in my book. Secondly, after seeing Gailey perform when it counted I am not convinced he is better. He probably is but his performance on Sunday was pretty bad. So bad it can be validly compared to a DJ performance. Secondly, I do blame the coaching staff for thinking TE and these OL can be effective and win games against quality opponents. I blame the regime for not addressing these issues. Make all the excuses you want. The facts are this regime did not to address these issues! The Redskins did and their season looks promising. Ours on the other hand looks bleak. Also, you failed to mention the OL problems. This team has so many holes it isn't funny. I don't see us being 500 or better for years to come. We need a LT, RT, WR, LB's, QB, DE pass rusher, maybe a NT. How the heck are we going to be any better next year? Way too many holes to fill next year. Isn't that the excuse this year? We got the BPA in Spiller, we got Troup filled NT position, we got Callaway/Wang/Easley, picked up Green who is going to be an adequate RT, Rome wasn't built in a year, Gailey will get this offense to click and be productive, etc....

I saw nothing to conclude this team is on the right track. In fact, I think the players and coaches haven't a clue on how to win football games. Nothing was more evident then that yesterday. The team's performance from players to coaching staff was terrible. I am disgusted... Next week won't be any better...

We lost so the sky is falling. Give the Coach a couple games to get to know what his team can do live. Remember the Colt Preseason game we all thought "oh crap" then they came back and played well. Give CG some time.

Save it. Keep living in denial.