Two thoughts on the game

- Kudo's to the defense who gave a good effort out there today......

- If Edwards keeps waiting for his recievers to become completely open instead of anticipating where they will be open.....this is not gonna work out.....the receivers run their routes then sit in pockets and wait for the ball.....then get flattened or the ball almost intercepted because the ball is getting there late.

- If Edwards keeps waiting for his recievers to become completely open instead of anticipating where they will be open.....this is not gonna work out.....the receivers run their routes then sit in pockets and wait for the ball.....then get flattened or the ball almost intercepted because the ball is getting there late.

It's incredible to watch Brady and the other top tier QB's conducting play action passes.

The fluidity, economy of motion and delivery of the ball is beautiful!

Couple that with a strong arm and a ball deliverd with some 'zip' and it's easy to see why so many are just so down and out about Trent. ---I really want him and this team to succeed but it seems like were playing in an entirely different league. Oh well, Its only week one.

Good post :thumbsup:

Edited by BillsFanInLV

It's incredible to watch Brady and the other top tier QB's conducting play action passes.

The fluidity, economy of motion and delivery of the ball is beautiful!

Couple that with a strong arm and a ball deliverd with some 'zip' and it's easy to see why so many are just so down and out about Trent. ---I really want him and this team to succeed but it seems like were playing in an entirely different league. Oh well, Its only week one.

Good post :thumbsup:

The last Bills QB to do that was Flutie. We have had no one since him, and few like him. It's tough, when you can name all the good QB's of Buffalo with three fingers. We have been stuck with everyone else's cast offs, and down right failures. Trent does not resemble an NFL QB. I hate the cheatriots, but give Brady his due...he runs the offense and it flows.

It's not that he is waiting for his receivers to come completely open or that he doesn't anticipate when they will be open. He simply anticipates (usually correctly) that they will not ever be open, and considering they lack any ability to make a play on the ball against NFL defensive backs, he understands that throwing to them while they are covered will usually result in incomplete passes and will produce a lot of turnovers.

I think Trent shows remarkable efficiency as a QB considering what he has to work with. Give him a legitimate #1 receiver and a line that can block (we desperately need run blocking AND pass blocking) and we will see a far superior QB to what we've seen thus far - perhaps even elite.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that in order to throw into tight coverage, you need to have targets who can flat out beat the defenders. We do not have that, not at all. Virtually any defensive back in the league can shut down every one of our wide receivers in single coverage. Lee Evans can create some mismatches, but can be easily contained by one good back or by double teams and over the top zones, since we have nobody else who can exploit single coverage at all.

I think after the past 10 years of fiendish mediocrity I am no longer able to realistically assess quality football.... or at least to what degree there is any quality present in Buffalo Bills football. Honest to god, I don't even know what I'm looking at whilst watching the Bills. Every year it seems that there is something to genuinely feel positive about that turns out to be a far reaching conspiracy at best. WTF? All I want is to know whether or not my football team is any good. How is it possible the 2010 edition appears to be vastly inferior to the 2009 version?

It's not that he is waiting for his receivers to come completely open or that he doesn't anticipate when they will be open. He simply anticipates (usually correctly) that they will not ever be open, and considering they lack any ability to make a play on the ball against NFL defensive backs, he understands that throwing to them while they are covered will usually result in incomplete passes and will produce a lot of turnovers.

I think Trent shows remarkable efficiency as a QB considering what he has to work with. Give him a legitimate #1 receiver and a line that can block (we desperately need run blocking AND pass blocking) and we will see a far superior QB to what we've seen thus far - perhaps even elite.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that in order to throw into tight coverage, you need to have targets who can flat out beat the defenders. We do not have that, not at all. Virtually any defensive back in the league can shut down every one of our wide receivers in single coverage. Lee Evans can create some mismatches, but can be easily contained by one good back or by double teams and over the top zones, since we have nobody else who can exploit single coverage at all.

I believe that I am going to be violently ill

I couldn't disagree more. I focused intently on the WR's patterns during the second half yesterday. We were sitting high up enough so that you could see every pattern and the reality is that Edwards is VERY reluctant to throw a WR open. There were times that the would break up and get separation but the ball was not in the air and the defender's had plenty of time to react and recover. I'm not saying the Edwards can't ever be a competent QB but as of right now he doesn't have the courage to use his arm to uncover WR's.

An improved line would help but you could build a brick wall in front of him and there are times when he wouldn't pull the trigger.

I heard Trent Dilfer say it best. In high school you throw to open receivers. In college you throw to the WR's as they're breaking open. In the NFL you have to throw your WR's open.

Stop defending Trent, yes the OL stinks on the edges but he had receivers open all day long he just doesnt understand throwing the ball. So many times I saw him step up into pocket pull ball bak and run for his life. Id rather have hoim throw 10 picks trying to get the ball down field vs seeing simple screens batted down and passes to flat almost go for 6 the other way. The guy has serious issues with releasing the ball and aniticpating and right I now I blame Chan for a terrible Game plan

Stop defending Trent, yes the OL stinks on the edges but he had receivers open all day long he just doesnt understand throwing the ball. So many times I saw him step up into pocket pull ball bak and run for his life. Id rather have hoim throw 10 picks trying to get the ball down field vs seeing simple screens batted down and passes to flat almost go for 6 the other way. The guy has serious issues with releasing the ball and aniticpating and right I now I blame Chan for a terrible Game plan

Game plan doesn't mean a thing if your QB can't execute it.

Wow...Don't know what to say about that...I'm the last one to sit here and say The Bills have great receivers...But after all this time and evidence to the contrary, to have that type of faith in Edwards...That's pretty amazing...

I think it's actually quite simple...TE may find a picture perfect situation he can walk into and be productive...I kinda doubt it, but anything is possible...To me it just seems as if he's broken...I don't think he's ever going to be very good, and God knows I've given him the benefit of the doubt. He'll have a decent game every now and again...But for the most part, vs. decent Defenses, he's going to be tentative and ineffective most of the time... B-)

Thanks, I needed a laugh

Hmmm....interesting, what's your take on Chris Kelsay?