Start Fred Jackson

tbonehawaii

Fred sees spaces and attacks them better than Marshawn or CJ. Please start him and use the other two as a change up. Also at least three times Edwards had to redirect CJ to get him in position before the snap.

I'll say it again and again 'til I am blue in the face...

Marshawn Lynch is the BEST overall RB on this football team. He is the workhorse. The bruising RB that Buffalo Bills football needs to be successful. He should have 20 carries a game.

Jackson is a good change of pace back. He can be used in a couple different ways. He makes for a good 3rd down RB.

Spiller is your dynamic playmaker that should be lined up ALL over the field. Outside, in the slot or backfield...Wildcat...use him as a return man...get him on the field as much as possible to form mismatches.

They need to control the game with the run like Miami did. Lynch and Jackson are the safest bets. Spiller lined up in other positions will make the line and run game better...get him in open space where he works best...same with Roscoe.

Well At least I'm glad to hear that, after 1 game and 11 carries, CJ Spiller is not a bust. :thumbsup:

Yeah, Spiller wasn't breaking anything open and when Gailey made the adjustment mid-2nd quarter and put Lynch & Jackson in (imagine that - a head coach actually making adjustments on-the-fly), our running game got more effective. But CJ will get better as he gets more touches, more experience, and if the o-line ever improves.

Fred sees spaces and attacks them better than Marshawn or CJ. Please start him and use the other two as a change up. Also at least three times Edwards had to redirect CJ to get him in position before the snap.

Yes, that will solve everything. :rolleyes:

The problem we have is our OL followed by QB. It still may be two years until we have the pieces in place to move forward. It doesn't matter who plays RB this year, the Bills will still be terrible.

I'll say it again and again 'til I am blue in the face...

Marshawn Lynch is the BEST overall RB on this football team. He is the workhorse. The bruising RB that Buffalo Bills football needs to be successful. He should have 20 carries a game.

Jackson is a good change of pace back. He can be used in a couple different ways. He makes for a good 3rd down RB.

Spiller is your dynamic playmaker that should be lined up ALL over the field. Outside, in the slot or backfield...Wildcat...use him as a return man...get him on the field as much as possible to form mismatches.

They need to control the game with the run like Miami did. Lynch and Jackson are the safest bets. Spiller lined up in other positions will make the line and run game better...get him in open space where he works best...same with Roscoe.

Damn shame it wasn't Jackson or Spiller in the game when Lynch broke that 15 or so yard run in the 3rd Qrtr. (I think it was the 3rd.) It might have gone for 30. Lynch only hits the hole hard if it's big enough to drive a truck through, and his running style reminds me of a plow horse running in the mud.

Damn shame it wasn't Jackson or Spiller in the game when Lynch broke that 15 or so yard run in the 3rd Qrtr. (I think it was the 3rd.) It might have gone for 30. Lynch only hits the hole hard if it's big enough to drive a truck through, and his running style reminds me of a plow horse running in the mud.

Fred Jackson is effective with this OL, because he is the only one that will run stright forward. I loved when Marshawn ran for ten yards parallel to the line and gained nothing. Typical Marshawn. Lynch is tough to bring down, that's the only thing good I can say about him.

This was only one game and I hate to judge CJ on that one game, but I believe that Fred Jackson is a better fit to start right now. CJ is obviously a more dynamic back and he can score at anytime, but if this team is gonna put any solid drives together it would best serve to have Fred as the starter.

Last year there were many runs where Jackson would turn a 0 yd play into a 3 yd gain with his ability to take a hit and break free or at the least fall forward for an extra yard or two. Not to mention, CJ looked extremely weak in his blitz pickups yesterday, and until Trent stretches the field teams are gonna keep crowding the box and sending extra guys on the blitz leaving us with a liability in pass protection.

Once again, none of this means that Jackson is a better back than CJ, but right now Jackson gives our team the best chance to win. None of this will matter though if Chan can't gameplan any better than last week. That was probably the worst offensive gameplan I have seen in years out of this team, and that's saying something.

Edited by DaBills51

I agree that Freddie hits the hole hard. He doesn't try to outrun anyone, just hits the seam and goes. Truthfully though, none of our RB's are gonna be very successful without even a threat of a passing game. They're just gonna key on Fred, CJ and Lynch and go one on one with the receivers.

At some point soon, Spiller is going to realize he can't go side to side in the NFL. I though he "got it" after the Cinci preseason game but now he will surely understand after Miami. Pick your seam...and GO. don't waste energy with lateral movement.

I thought the same thing after the first half. I think it was a mistake to put everything on CJ's back right away. He should be used as a change of pace back at this point, so the team can let Jackson and Lynch do somethings. They both looked more decisive and patient than CJ.

Still not sure why TE lasered that screen pass to Fred on the first series though. You'd think you either softly toss it to him or put another back in there until his hand heals.