Cornell Green or Demetrius Bell

ACor58

Cornell Green is the worst OT I've ever seen play.

but our cracker jack talent evaluators thought he was good enough for a $3 mil contract

the bulk of the offensive futility of the past 15 years if connected to the fact that our front office is inept at finding and evaluating OL talent. 

This is junk! Green is terrible, Bell played well IMO, it was Meridith that gave up that sack not Bell, Bell was in and out the whole game. Edwards had plenty of time by NFL standards to throw the ball today, and he made terrible decisions and held the ball bringing back the ghost of Losman. Edwards was the problem people, four out of five Olinemen played passable.

This is mostly what I think. It's 75% Trent Edwards, but the OL was sketch at best. Green was bad. Bell fought hard but was only so-so. He may improve as he continues to heal and get experience. I wouldn't let Levitre, Hangartner and Wood off the hook either. There was no running game and the Dolphins got pretty good pressure up the middle. Unfortunately, this is probably what the OL is going to deliver most weeks so if Edwards can't play in this situation he needs to be benched.

Agree with all of this. Will also add that if the Offensive Line remains this bad, Fitzpatrick gives us the better chance to win. Edwards got time to throw in the preseason. Didn't get much today.

I totally agree. Our Offensive Tackles are just awful. Bell and Merideth have no strength whatsoever, and Green just can not move laterally. I think it was terribly misguided by our organization (are you listening Buddy Nix) to think we could go into a season with this group of O tackles. Combine this with a very tentative QB and we have an offense that is a disaster. This team will have trouble winning more than 2-3 games with Edwards playing behind this O line. And lets not forget Levitre's brutal holding penalty that nullified a 30 yard pass play. He got bull rushed and had to hold to keep Ms. Trent from getting creamed. I agree that with this O line Fitzie needs to play. The offense was as bad as it has ever looked today.

You really have to look at Buddy Nix and wander what he and Chan were thinking going into a season was such bad QB's and OT's. No team that is trying to be decent, not even a contender would go into a season with such horrible players as the ones we have playing at OT and QB. Just a joke.

I agree; he stood there, stood there, and stood there, then rolled out and threw an incompletion.....all day. Bring in Fitz or Brohm. I personally like Brohm who seems to make the quickest decisions in the pocket of the three QBs.

I don't care at this point. Fitz or Brohm. Anyone but Trent. Bring Brown back for all I care, but Trent must go.