For the less fortunate, slightly younger Bills fans

The Senator

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo Jackson got hurt a week before against cincy.

Howie long looking around like what the he'll going on.

Kelly fumbles the snap and still hits lofton on quick post

talley pic he was in no mans land and jay threw it right to him. I left at 1/2 time so I could see the 49ers vs gmen.

That game was like the 1st buff, cowboys sb game. Dallas could do anything wrong and the bills couldn't get out of your own way.

Cool thread. That win was a heck of a joyous day. That almost-surreal notion that the Bills were really going to the Super Bowl. A day none of us will ever forget, that's for sure ... and I'm sure the REAL old-timers appreciated it even more.

I suppose there are several possible points that could identify the start of that amazing era, but Jimbo's last-second TD dive to squish the fish had to be one of them. Gusty comeback against a bitter rival, fun to watch on Miami night.

It's kind of difficult to explain to a younger fan how we could watch a Bills game during that time, be down one or two TDs, and as a fan still have complete confidence that the team would win. No doubt. That was great.

Maybe CJ can help start another era tomorrow for the younger fans - lest they have to keep relying on our Al Bundy-ish tales. It's got to start somewhere ... (we hope) ...

I was in the corner of the northwest (?) endzone, about halfway up, for both that game and the game against Miami the week before (which was in a snowstorm). I just remember the disbelief that they were actually going to the Super Bowl. It was a surreal experience and one I'll never forget.

Ha, I remember the Raiders calling a time out during that first drive...like after the fourth play from scrimmage or something...not sure I ever saw a team call a time out that early in a game before or since. Didn't matter, the Bills scored just a couple plays later, no one was going to stop them on that day. Just Lose, Baby! And to add insult to Raider injury it started snowing during the game, can't remember exactly when, but it was pure magic!

Well folks, the cosmic wheel is turning, and our time will be here again soon. It's gonna be all the sweeter for the misery we've endured.

Great game and remember it well :) I was unable to go to that game, but have it on tape (I also have almost 100 other games on tape from 1987 through 1999 - then stopped taping them. Can't imagine why :cry: )

And just for the younger fans. The first game I remember going to was the Bills and the Jets in 1969: Our hopes riding high on an exciting young running back we got with the first draft pick after winning only one game the year before (You think things are bad now?). Anyway, we lost and OJ only had about 40 -50 yards rushing - but he did catch some passes, returned some kicks, and scored a touchdown. Made us think he was going to be something special, and he was - until he started killing people.

Been through bad times before and it got better. Things will change for the better with this team too.

Dont forget ROBBING people in Vegas hotel rooms..... ;)