Pete Prisco Power Rankings - Ouch!

sharper802

Ravens @ 10 LOL Vickings #9 LOL Dallas @ 2, Bills @32 really this is comedy and should have a few dirty words so it could go in the Onion.

IMO Ravens make the SB. Tough division but not so bad schdl, they will see GB or the Vicks (although NO is a possibility again)

If I was Chan I would pin this crap up there is sooooo freaking much of it!!!

the good news is that after losing the game we wont lose any spots in the ranking!

the bottom six teams are in the same boat and could be listed in any order. you could also probably throw the panthers in there too. so would you feel better if the bills were ranked 26 or 27? woo hoo

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13897416/nfl-power-rankings-start-of-a-silverblack-revival

This hurts as I generally agree with his opinions. Dead last in the league? How far do the Bills jump after outclassing the fish???

He's obviously just being silly/stupid - never mind yet another illogical dis' of the Bills: "Same old story" - he says it himself, yet somehow they are dramatically worse??

The Colts are not remotely the #1, and if he thinks Dallas is #2 he's not thinking too clearly. Their OL is making the Bills starters look good.

Proof he's lost his mind is at #17 with Oakland.

What a putz! I agree that the Ravens should be higher, and Dallas at #2 and Atlanta #3 is ludicrous. Dallas is way over hyped and will be lucky to make the playoffs again and Atlanta ia good but not that good. I am also a Manning\Colts fan but no way they should have the number one spot after this off-season. They didn't do much to improve and may have gone back a few steps IMO. Peyton can't carry them for ever. New England will also fall from grace this season and doesn't deserve #7. The bills will have to win games to shake this criticism but i believe they can do it starting this year.

If you read the text, it's pretty obvious Pete focuses on the QB. It's pretty much the only players he mentions, with a few exceptions. So, this is really nothing more than a QB ranking list. Let's face it, our QB's haven't done anything to impress, so it's hard to argue otherwise.

I agree that it's better to be ranked low when you come in with all the new pieces we have. To have high expectations and a high ranking will give you more attention that Travis Henry on Father's Day... and that kind of pressure is the last thing this young team needs. I predict the 2010 Buffalo Bills will go out and EARN some respect, and subsequently some confidence this season. To me, that will be a hugh victory regardless of the record.

I can't wait until Sunday.

GO BILLS!!!

The Eagles at 13? Bit too high in my opinion. That rating is based on the accomplishments of previous years which is irrelevant in the face of the wholesale changes to the roster and their underwhelming performance in the preseason. Their QB, OL and defense situation is no better or worse than Buffalo.

The Eagles have a truly untested quarterback, starting at least three rookies on defense, and has a very patchwork OL of no-names outside of Jason Peters.

It is lazy journalism. Everyone thinks the Bills will stink. The reality of the situation is coaching changes, another year of experience gained, new and old play makers being involved in the offense and better health is going to make this a much better team. A better team than the team that went 6 - 10 through the incredibly tumultuous previous season.

That being said the Bills need to PROVE IT on the field. Although lazy, can you really blame a non Bills fan for expecting that it will be the same old same old second rate product???? After looking at things and getting past my initial concerns through the draft, OTAs, and training camp I think the season comes down to three things.

1) Trent Edwards must play like a starting NFL QB. So far he has looked competent. I am one of the HARSHEST skeptics but so far so good. Let's see if he can keep it up when the bullets start flying.

2) The defense must make the transition to a 3 - 4 and they need to be one of teams that does it quickly and in less than 1 seasons time. There are precedents for quick turnarounds like the Packers. Hopefully we can generate some pass rush with some inventive play calling or by bringing the house and letting the secondary play man.

3) Special Teams which was an unquestioned strength has not looked up to snuff. I'm not sure how we could have fallen so quickly with what I assume is mostly the same cast of players. The new old coach needs to get the third phase of the game going. We have incredibly dynamic return men and a good day from them can make the difference in winning or losing.

Edited by PDaDdy

He's obviously just being silly/stupid - never mind yet another illogical dis' of the Bills: "Same old story" - he says it himself, yet somehow they are dramatically worse??

The Colts are not remotely the #1, and if he thinks Dallas is #2 he's not thinking too clearly. Their OL is making the Bills starters look good.

Proof he's lost his mind is at #17 with Oakland.

You would be wise not to underestimate Oakland. Weak division and much improved QB situation.