Fantasy Football Team

Wooderson

Things didn't go quite the way I wanted in the draft, but I'm alright with my team. With a little bit of luck and some trade bait that I have, things might go my way this year. I have some solid depth and RB and WR so I think if things don't go the way I want with Favre, I'll prolly try and deal to upgrade.

It's a basic FF league.

QB Brett Favre

QB Vince Young

QB David Garrard

RB Maurice Jones-Drew

RB Cedric Benson

RB Knowshown Moreno

RB Ricky Williams

RB Thomas Jones

WR Roddy White

WR DeSean Jackson

WR Chad OchoCinco

WR Hines Ward

WR Devin Hester

WR Anthony Gonzalez

TE Kellen Winslow Jr.

TE Greg Olsen

TE Mercedes Lewis

D Dallas

D Buffalo

K David Akers

K Jeff Reed

Obviously WRs are very solid, but no trustworthy #2 RB and Favre seems like a risky QB for such a small league.

Also a noticable lack of any 'upside' guys. With that big a roster, you need to pick a few rookies hoping you land the next Percy Harvin.

Obviously WRs are very solid, but no trustworthy #2 RB and Favre seems like a risky QB for such a small league.

Also a noticable lack of any 'upside' guys. With that big a roster, you need to pick a few rookies hoping you land the next Percy Harvin.

I went into my draft in a funk, and very uprepared. Is this the worst FF team you have ever seen? Only good thing I can see, besides Drew Brees, I have lots of roster flexibility. It is going to take some serious wavier wire work to make the playoffs... :sick:

Ours is a 12 teams, standard scoring, no PPR. We start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 DEF/ST:

Drew Brees QB NEW ORLEANS

Ryan Grant RB GREEN BAY

Matt Forte RB CHICAGO

Kevin Smith RB DETROIT

Steve Slaton RB HOUSTON

Tashard Choice RB DALLAS

Donald Brown RB INDIANAPOLIS

Steve Smith WR NY GIANTS

Greg Jennings WR GREEN BAY

T.J. Houshmandzadeh BALTIMORE

Devin Aromashodu WR CHICAGO

Eddie Royal WR DENVER

Demaryius Thomas WR DENVER

Zach Miller TE OAKLAND

Rian Lindell K BUFFALO

San Francisco 49ers Def/ST

Buffalo Bills Def/ST

Well, I understand Favre is risky but at the time of the draft all the top QBs were gone and I figured I'd try and add depth instead of force a QB pick. This way, if Favre does pan out, good. If not, I have some trade options that I can throw at some other people for a solid QB. I disagree about the solid #2 back. Benson was a beast last year, and Moreno has plenty of upside, IMO. Like I said, draft didn't go quite how I wanted, but I had to work with what I got. My team was much worse last year but I ended up in 4th with good free agency signings. We'll just have to see what happens.

I went into my draft in a funk, and very uprepared. Is this the worst FF team you have ever seen? Only good thing I can see, besides Drew Brees, I have lots of roster flexibility. It is going to take some serious wavier wire work to make the playoffs... :sick:

Ours is a 12 teams, standard scoring, no PPR. We start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 DEF/ST:

Ryan Grant RB GREEN BAY

Matt Forte RB CHICAGO

Kevin Smith RB DETROIT

Steve Slaton RB HOUSTON

Tashard Choice RB DALLAS

Donald Brown RB INDIANAPOLIS

I've seen worse, but I've never seen one where you need to be rooting for so many injuries to starting RBs. :D

I hear you though. I'm so busy this year that I only managed to show up for one of my three drafts, and hate the team I drafted more than either of the two that the computer picked for me. :doh:

I've seen worse, but I've never seen one where you need to be rooting for so many injuries to starting RBs. :D

I hear you though. I'm so busy this year that I only managed to show up for one of my three drafts, and hate the team I drafted more than either of the two that the computer picked for me. :doh:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I am really banking on Donald Brown, at some point, taking the starting job from Joeseph Addai. I cut the Bills Defense, as well as DeMaryius Thomas today, and picked up Patrick Crayton, and Julian Edleman. More injury hopefuls! I really don't know what I was thinking this year...

I think Forte is going to have a good year. Chester Taylor is reportedly not doing much in CHI, and Forte has a chance to catch a ton of balls out of the backfield. The backups are rough, though.

Yeah, I really like Forte. I know he had a disappointing season last year, but in Martz offense, I think Forte should excell. As it stands now, I have to really pray that Forte comes through, and Drew Brees has another monster year, to compensate for what I am likely to be missing with my WR and RB depth. If Donald Brown gets some playing time, it wouldn't be so bad to be able to choose between Grant, Forte and Brown. I like some of my WR's as well, but none of them are necessarily "sure things" form week to week. It seems like I always whiff on wide receivers.

Good luck to you this year Chris...come on down and join us for a game!

Edited by Buftex

Yeah, I know what you mean. I am really banking on Donald Brown, at some point, taking the starting job from Joeseph Addai. I cut the Bills Defense, as well as DeMaryius Thomas today, and picked up Patrick Crayton, and Julian Edleman. More injury hopefuls! I really don't know what I was thinking this year...

Yeah, I really like Forte. I know he had a disappointing season last year, but in Martz offense, I think Forte should excell. As it stands now, I have to really pray that Forte comes through, and Drew Brees has another monster year, to compensate for what I am likely to be missing with my WR and RB depth. If Donald Brown gets some playing time, it wouldn't be so bad to be able to choose between Grant, Forte and Brown. I like some of my WR's as well, but none of them are necessarily "sure things" form week to week. It seems like I always whiff on wide receivers.

Good luck to you this year Chris...come on down and join us for a game!

I like D Brown too, but not so high on Forte. I grabbed T. Choice in a couple leagues too. The way the Dallas RBs get banged up, I think he's a nice sleeper for the second half.

Edleman is a great pick up.

• 2 weeks later...

Things didn't go quite the way I wanted in the draft, but I'm alright with my team. With a little bit of luck and some trade bait that I have, things might go my way this year. I have some solid depth and RB and WR so I think if things don't go the way I want with Favre, I'll prolly try and deal to upgrade.

It's a basic FF league.

QB Brett Favre

QB Vince Young

QB David Garrard

RB Maurice Jones-Drew

RB Cedric Benson

RB Knowshown Moreno

RB Ricky Williams

RB Thomas Jones

WR Roddy White

WR DeSean Jackson

WR Chad OchoCinco

WR Hines Ward

WR Devin Hester

WR Anthony Gonzalez

TE Kellen Winslow Jr.

TE Greg Olsen

TE Mercedes Lewis

D Dallas

D Buffalo

K David Akers

K Jeff Reed

I ended up executing a decent trade for a need on my team. I traded Benson, Ochocinco, and Favre for Brady, Spiller, and Garcon. I tried getting away with trading him Ward instead of Ocho but he wouldn't do it without Ocho attached. I gave up a lot, but I have some decent depth and QB was a huge need for my team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.