Bills cut Levi Brown

Maddog69

Or maybe they keep Brohm, the only QB on our roster that has the POTENTIAL to be an NFL starting QB! I realize TE starts for us but, he shouldn't. 1-2 years from now TE will be a backup somewhere if he's still in the NFL.

Based on the preseason, Trent looks to have a far brighter future.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

often enough. And odds go up when you play behind our oline. Do you really want Roscoe to play QB? Keeping only 2 QB's is retarded IMO

i think the point is,if we r on our 3rd qb in a game,odds are we lose anyway so it doesnt matter. as an aside we would prob be better off direct snapping the ball to roscoe than putn our 3rd string qb in a drop back mode vs a D that has already sidelined 2 qbs.imho

Edited by Projay89

Based on the preseason, Trent looks to have a far brighter future.

PRESEASON!! How did he look the last 2 years? Did Brohm play with the 1st unit? Let me quess, you liked JP too right? Remember me and feel free to throw it back at me if TE continues to be the starter after this year!!

General consensus from Bills sites was that putting Brown on the practice squad was risky and that he was likely to make the team as the 3rd stringer. They all figured Brohm was the odd man out.

Makes sense though if they plan on keeping both Brohm and Brown on the practice squad. That way they can keep an extra WR, DB or LB, where depth is more of an issue than at QB. Plus that's one more guy who can contribute on special teams.

The general consensus of which you speak (which did certainly exist) was utterly disconnected from reality, and it would make less than no sense to have both Brown and Brohm on the PS. It is very normal for a 7th round draft choice to end up on the practice squad, and that makes perfect sense here. There is the risk that someone snatches Brown from waivers, but that is unlikely. It looks as though it will be Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm as 3rd QB, with Brown on the PS.

PRESEASON!! How did he look the last 2 years? Did Brohm play with the 1st unit? Let me quess, you liked JP too right? Remember me and feel free to throw it back at me if TE continues to be the starter after this year!!

Calm down. I was never really sold on JP and am not necessarily sold on Trent. But Trent has simply outplayed Brohm. Brohm had to play with the second string, but he also got to play against the second string defense. Fitzpatrick also was in the same position and outplayed Brohm. If anyone has a better claim at first string, it is Fitzpatrick.

If you want to move up to the first string, you have to play very well with the second string. Brohm hasn't done that. It is his own fault that he has not played his way on to the first string. Trent Edwards had to do this and did back in 2007.

It is not as if Trent is some 35 year old vet. Brohm came in the league just one year later.

I would love for Brohm to live up to his original potential, because I am pessimistic about our QBs, but I am beginning to doubt that will happen.

Edited by johnnyb

The general consensus of which you speak (which did certainly exist) was utterly disconnected from reality, and it would make less than no sense to have both Brown and Brohm on the PS. It is very normal for a 7th round draft choice to end up on the practice squad, and that makes perfect sense here. There is the risk that someone snatches Brown from waivers, but that is unlikely. It looks as though it will be Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm as 3rd QB, with Brown on the PS.

I said they COULD both go to the PS actually, Brohm could be cut too. In that case I'd say Brown would be one of the "3" that Nix mentioned last week.

In case anyone else was like me and thinking Brohm isn't eligible for the PS due to the accrued season, there is a provision for players with ONE accured season:

- Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games; and,

Brohm counts under this provision

Calm down. I was never really sold on JP and am not necessarily sold on Trent. But Trent has simply outplayed Brohm. Brohm had to play with the second string, but he also got to play against the second string defense. Fitzpatrick also was in the same position and outplayed Brohm. If anyone has a better claim at first string, it is Fitzpatrick.

If you want to move up to the first string, you have to play very well with the second string. Brohm hasn't done that. It is his own fault that he has not played his way on to the first string. Trent Edwards had to do this and did back in 2007.

It is not as if Trent is some 35 year old vet. Brohm came in the league just one year later.

I would love for Brohm to live up to his original potential, because I am pessimistic about our QBs, but I am beginning to doubt that will happen.

You can analyze it any way you want, I've seen what both TE and Fitz have and i don't like it. IMHO Brohm has better mechanics and arm strength than either one. Does he HAVE IT to be a starter in the NFL? I don't know but, i'd like to find out because i'm pretty sure the other 2 don't!

You can analyze it any way you want, I've seen what both TE and Fitz have and i don't like it. IMHO Brohm has better mechanics and arm strength than either one. Does he HAVE IT to be a starter in the NFL? I don't know but, i'd like to find out because i'm pretty sure the other 2 don't!

Agreed. Brohm is closer to being #1 in Buffalo than being cut. The cluelessness is amazing.

yesss. this is what i was hoping for. its the best move the bills could make right now

i figured they would do it this way but then i started worrying they might decide to protect 'their guy' in brown. but really, this is the smartest way - it gives them max options

only a tiny tiny risk anybody is going to want to put brown on their own roster so its a good move cuz it gives them more time to find out what brohm has

a.) how often do teams lose 2 QBs in the same game?

b.) if we were to lose 2 QBs in the same game to injury, would it really matter all that much who you put in as the 3rd QB?

You need a starter, someone to hold the clipboard, and someone to sharpen the pencils.

Not that this one is a surprise. But Easley, Wang, Batten, Calloway, and Brown all fail to add to this year's squad. Was this a roster that could afford not to get help from 5 of its 2010 draft picks??

Most teams are excited to get contributions from 1 of their late round picks in their rookie seasons, so asking for contributions from 5 late rounders is asinine.