I wouldn't change head coaches for anything.

I know what your thinking. You think I love Gailey because he blasted a few teenage fans.I did find that funny,but that was just an indicator of how the best coaches protect their players. Its not the outburst at training camp!

Actually, its the attention to detail, the handling of the press. Elimination of the good ol boy easy training camps. He is straight forward, the players respect him and he is a man with a plan. The confrontation with fans was the work of a coach that is clearly in control of his team and outside distractions no matter how small aggravate and annoy any self respecting coach.

Blasting a few fans might be the most important clue of the off season, Buffalo fans love this stuff. Bill Parcells did something similar in Miami in 2008 when he blasted a few local writers for their impatience. Parcells waived a few locker room problems and the players responded with a united team.

I saw some negative comments on the Bills main board and you know what, some said they hated Dick Jauron because he was a corpse. Well this guy is alive so don't complain. Seems like everyone is searching for the perfect coach and guess what? There is no perfect coach!

Who was the last head coach in Buffalo that took control of the entire team, press and fans? Nothing against Marv Levy but the answer is Lou Saban & Chuck Knox.

Now, you are probably thinking that wins and losses will determine his future in Buffalo. Well, if we keep changing head coaches there will be no winning, just a pile of dust and a continuous rebuilding process. Sorry, I have seen enough to know a good coach when I see one. I believe Gailey is finally the guy!

This is a slightly below average talent team, how he handles the season and players is the final test on his future in Buffalo. So far, I am impressed.

Step 2 will be to place his team in the position to beat the Dolphins. Step 3 is half time adjustments and benching a few lazy players.

The best coaches in the league are not politicians or wonderful human beings , they coach football and you better not get in their way!

Score 1 point for Buddy Nix and Ralph Wilson, they brought him here!

-DIEHARD 1967

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what your thinking. You think I love Gailey because he blasted a few teenage fans.

Actually, its the attention to detail, the handling of the press. Elimination of the good ol boy easy training camps. He is straight forward, the players respect him and he is a man with a plan. The confrontation with fans was the work of a coach that is clearly in control of his team and outside distractions no matter how small aggravate and annoy any self respecting coach.

Blasting a few fans might be the most important clue of the off season, Buffalo fans love this stuff. Bill Parcells did something similar in Miami in 2008 when he blasted a few local writers for their impatience. Parcells waived a few locker room problems and the players responded with a united team.

I saw some negative comments on the Bills main board and you know what, some said they hated Dick Jauron because he was a corpse. Well this guy is alive so don't complain. Seems like everyone is searching for the perfect coach and guess what? There is no perfect coach!

Who was the last head coach in Buffalo that took control of the entire team, press and fans? Nothing against Marv Levy but the answer is Lou Saban & Chuck Knox.

Now, you are probably thinking that wins and losses will determine his future in Buffalo. Well, if we keep changing head coaches there will be no winning, just a pile of dust and a continuous rebuilding process. Sorry, I have seen enough to know a good coach when I see one. I believe Gailey is finally the guy!

This is a slightly below average talent team, how he handles the season and players is the final test on his future in Buffalo. So far, I am impressed.

Step 2 will be to place his team in the position to beat the Dolphins. Step 3 is half time adjustments and benching a few lazy players.

The best coaches in the league are not politicians or wonderful human beings , they coach football and you better not get in their way!

-DIEHARD 1967

You say you know Gailey is a good head coach and you believe in the guy. That is fine and dandy. Then you say "how he handles the season and players is the final test on his future in Buffalo." You have lost me...

Only the most bitter haters can't see the difference with Chan in charge. Gailey is probably the best coaching hire for team that has been stuck in loser mode for a decade. Whatever talent there is on this team Chan will bring it out. Hopefully he is just as smart game planning. But right now there is no way we are a worse team than last year.

PTR

You say you know Gailey is a good head coach and you believe in the guy. That is fine and dandy. Then you say "how he handles the season and players is the final test on his future in Buffalo." You have lost me...

We saw the off season, press conferences and training camp but we have yet to witness how he handles missed assignments,lazy players,what happens after a loss.

My guess is,he may be one angry coach and I hope so!

Happy losers drive me crazy!!! :flirt:

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

I know what your thinking. You think I love Gailey because he blasted a few teenage fans.I did find that funny,but that was just an indicator of how the best coaches protect their players. Its not the outburst at training camp!

-DIEHARD 1967

Couldnt agree more. Chan is the man. Every nfl and college coach that has coached with him has said many many good things about him and how smart he is. I cant wait for september 12. Chans Clan is going to shock the world this year. Yeaaaaaaaa boyyyyyyyyyy

i would rather have Cowher who would have hired Gailey as OC.

That being said I like Gailey as the HC. I think he will do some good things here. He may get the team into the playoffs. Alot of people here say this team is below average talent. I disagree. I don't think the previous coaching staff did a good job of coaching or putting it's players in a position to succeed.

I can see players like Poz, Whitner, Williams, Edwards having career years.

Edited by kota

During his press meetings Chan always gives bull **** answers to bull **** questions, but at times he seems irreverent, as if he's not wild about some of the guys on the other side of the mic. Either way, it's not hard to tell where he stands. I hope Trent's listening.

Couldnt agree more. Chan is the man. Every nfl and college coach that has coached with him has said many many good things about him and how smart he is. I cant wait for september 12. Chans Clan is going to shock the world this year. Yeaaaaaaaa boyyyyyyyyyy

I have to admit I was never a Marv Levy fan, he was more of a motivator then a coach.

I like straight talkers, this seems to be the guy! :flirt:

If we suck say so. We all know we need to get better.

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

We saw the off season, press conferences and training camp but we have yet to witness how he handles missed assignments,lazy players,what happens after a loss.

My guess is,he may be one angry coach and I hope so!

Happy losers drive me crazy!!! :flirt:

You are contradicting yourself. One moment your telling us how you know he is a good coach and he is the guy. Then the next minute your telling us to want and see how he handles certain issues. You aren't making sense.

I have to admit I was never a Marv Levy fan, he was more of a motivator then a coach.

I like straight talkers, this seems to be the guy! :flirt:

If we suck say so. We all know we need to get better.

OK, we suck. We need to get better at QB, LT, WR's, OLB's, and a pass rushing defensive end.

You are contradicting yourself. One moment your telling us how you know he is a good coach and he is the guy. Then the next minute your telling us to want and see how he handles certain issues. You aren't making sense.

AT THIS POINT,I would not change anything! :flirt:

And, I have more patience then anyone on this board.

I still think Maybin has a chance!

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

I spent the afternoon today looking for a quote I saw a few years back when Chan Gailey was in Dallas.

I have no starters on this team,just a team of 2nd string players looking for a chance to start one game.

We will evaluated these players every week and play the hardest workers.

You want to start.........show me!

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

Only the most bitter haters can't see the difference with Chan in charge. Gailey is probably the best coaching hire for team that has been stuck in loser mode for a decade. Whatever talent there is on this team Chan will bring it out. Hopefully he is just as smart game planning. But right now there is no way we are a worse team than last year.

PTR

I hope so I thought the Bills should have went with Ron Rivera and then hire Gailey as OC but lets hope Gailey's professional and hard attitude is one that works out well we need a lot of that fire and straightforwardness that this team lacked with DJ at the helm. Either way lets not call Gailey a success till he proves it on the field when the games count. Because while I think he might be better then DJ the results still need to show it.

Here's what I think the difference might be. When we watched all the debacles over the past few years, didn't we all feel the team was dysfunctional?... starting at the top on down. What comes to mind immediately is the one game where the announcers knew whether we were gonna run or pass...because TE was telegraphing it at the line. Now how dysfunctional is that? It was a result of a defensive minded coach trying to run an offense. Now, I feel as if the dysfunction will be eliminated because of good coaching & hard work. So, if we keep on losing, then we have to blame it on the talent. I think we have some great talent on this team & we'll surprise some folks. No, I don't believe we'll win game two & three...but I bet we won't get blown away either. I think coach Gailey will eliminate the dysfunction on this team & as fans, we'll no longer be embarrassed. We may not make the playoffs, but this team is definitely gonna go in the right direction this yr.

I hear what your saying. I for one was initially optimistic with the Jauron hire. I remember myself saying things like he was with the Bears and did a pretty good job, he has experience and he will make our defense solid and tough to beat, he has the players playing hard for him, he has earned their respect, etc... I am pretty sure I wasn't the only one thinking this way. After the fact, it is easy to criticize "dick boy" for his mistakes.

Now enters Gailey and I do not possess your optimism. Following your logic, Gailey is an offensive coach and now what happens to our defense? Will they now be telegraphing their defensive schemes? To boot, we have a nobody DC and we are changing schemes...

Frankly, I don't know what Gailey is going to be able to produce on the field. I am not here to slam Gailey or anyone else. However, I need to see more in order for me to say this team is on the right track...I just don't see what your seeing....

Edited by mpl6876

I tend to read the articles and the board messages every day. As a life long Bills fan since the early 60's I appreciate the opportunity to read about the Bills while living a distance away from Buffalo these days. That said I am responding to the post because I feel the same way. I am very happy with what I have seen out of Chan so far. Go Bills!

I spent the afternoon today looking for a quote I saw a few years back when Chan Gailey was in Dallas.

I have no starters on this team,just a team of 2nd string players looking for a chance to start one game.

We will evaluated these players every week and play the hardest workers.

You want to start.........show me!

So then Chan thought he had no "starters" on those cowboy teams? Didn't he have Aikman and Emmit Smith?

What must he be thinking now I wonder.