ESPN Scouts Inc Scouting Reports

Fingon

Out of curiosity, what are these scouts backgrounds? Have any actually worked at the NFL level? Should we take their opinion more seriously the Madden nerds?

I just find it funny that guys like this & Kiper & McShay have about the same background in football as most posters on this board but some people take their opinion for gospel.

Overall, though, we probably don't have a ton of to 200 players but a decent amount who could break through (Poz, McKelvin, Spiller, Williams, Levitre, Wood) with a good year this year.

Guys like Kiper and McShay have the same background in football as most posters on this board?

Seriously?

So most of the posters on this boards have got a full-time job working on football and in Kiper's case have worked on nothing else since about age 20? Most of the posters on this board have a rolodex filled with front office personnel and their phone numbers? Most of us spend a minimum of eight hours a day working on football? And get paid for it?

Come on. They're not gods, their opinions aren't gospel (nobody's is, even GMs make many mistakes), but to pretend we have the same advantages or background as them ... please.

The grades are fairly reasonable.

I think they have Evans and Moorman too low and Bell too high, among several other corrections I'd make, but overall not bad.

Guys like Kiper and McShay have the same background in football as most posters on this board?

Seriously?

So most of the posters on this boards have got a full-time job working on football and in Kiper's case have worked on nothing else since about age 20? Most of the posters on this board have a rolodex filled with front office personnel and their phone numbers? Most of us spend a minimum of eight hours a day working on football? And get paid for it?

Come on. They're not gods, their opinions aren't gospel (nobody's is, even GMs make many mistakes), but to pretend we have the same advantages or background as them ... please.

The grades are fairly reasonable.

I think they have Evans and Moorman too low and Bell too high, among several other corrections I'd make, but overall not bad.

I give Mel Kiper a ton of credit for creating a unique field. He made a lot of money off it and that is great for him. But the guy has a junior college degree (not that's there's anything wrong with that), never played a down of football in his life, and has no experience in a NFL front office. As a result, he has no credibility to worry about. He has a million more hits than misses. I truly believe the only difference between a lot of average fans is that their job is to watch film.

Like I said, that is a great job to get paid for. But do I really value their opinion or draft grades? Hell no. If you look at their past draft grades, they are laughable. Bill Simmons never did a mock draft his life and out hit Kiper/ McShay on 1st rounders this year. I equate it to braindead people getting who based their whole political vies on Rush Limbaugh or Jon Stewart. It's a form of entertainment but I won't place a lot of stock into it.

Ok, skip it then.

How about grading the Bills performances over the past 10 years? You have a lot more data to work with.

They get a D+ from me. Actually these players grades are more in line with about a C-. So in fact they are not a waste of time. They are pretty much spot-on for a team that will be lucky to win 5 games this season.

Grading players is a complete waste of time