Tail Gate foods (recipies )

mikef292004

How about an Italian Sausage Gumbo?

Brown some flour in butter in a deep saucepan. Then add several cans of chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste. Then add chunks of italian sausage, shrimp, potatoes, celery, carrot, and some hot pepper for taste. (Cayanne or Thai rooster sauce) Add some rice or orzo pasta, but not too much or your gumbo with get too thick. Simmer slowly stirring often.

PTR

Gonna take this one for a test drive next weekend....

ok, just brainstorming here... A couple of ideas.

1. (Ambitious Idea) Come up with a cookbook that could be ordered through mypublisher or some sort of online book place. Each recipe would have to be made once and an awesome photo would need to be taken. We could sell the books at cost or tack on something for charity. Or we could try and do a PDF version and make it free or a nominal charge for charity.

2. (Less ambitious) Make a new forum where every thread is a new recipe, alphabetized, and a photo included with each.

thoughts?

Both are great ideas. great thread. my recipe to come later...

Take a foil pan on grill with 1/2 stick of butter and Peppers and Onions, cook until soft, fill the pan with beer and add the brats or sausage, boil for 45 mins or so, finish the meat on the grill to char it up a bit.

My other favorite is Jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon, put em on skewers and grill until the bacon is cooked. Wear gloves when working with the peppers or you'll fry your hands. Take the seeds out or they will be crazy hot. If you need to cool them more (wuss), toss in boiling water for a minute.

Damn. Now I'm REALLY hungry! :)

For the first one I recommend filling the cook as well as the pan with beer ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey