Ryan vs. Dungy

sharper802

BTW slick, as you've probably figured out, since the post was edited, the show isn't "rated R" since, of course, it isn't a feature film. It is ,however, rated "TV-MA", the broadcast equivalent of the MPAA's R rating. Moreso, the rating card at the beginning of the show literally tells you it contains adult language. If you dim parents out there ignore these things and still let your impressionable little ones watch, that one is on you. Don't worry though, Dungy is lookin' out for you irresponsible parents out there by trying to shame Ryan publicly.

Well...if Rex Ryan delivers on his bluster this year, I will have a lot more respect for him. He basically, went to a bad football team, insisted that they were good, and would win, and with the help of his front office, has gotten them over the hump, to a degree. If the Jets flame out this year, or don't meet expectations, Ryan's bluster will seem foolish.

As for Dungy, personally, I am almost as tired of his routine as I am Ryans. I realize he suffered a great personal loss, but, suddenly, that makes him the authority on how people should act, and how people should conduct themselves? I think he should keep his mouth shut, most of the time. He comes off as a pompous, pious clown, in my opinion. I realize, the business of commentary and analysis that he is in, makes it necessary to comment on the current issues. But, if he was the classy guy he was purported to be, he wouldn't be in that business.

The Jets were 9-7 the year before they got Ryan, the same record as they had last year. They weren't that bad.

Great post.

Dungy needs to just STFU. Here is one of the most overrated coaches in modern NFL history incessantly doling out his tired personal opinions on the thoughts and behaviors of others. If he can't think of anything intelligent to say about the topic of football, he should simply respond to such questions on the morality of others with a "that's none of my business".

Tampa was one of the worst franchises in all of sports before Dungy went there. Also, Manning is one of the biggest big game chokers around. They only won a SB because they got carried by their defense.

Do some of you think before you type?

Tampa was one of the worst franchises in all of sports before Dungy went there. Also, Manning is one of the biggest big game chokers around. They only won a SB because they got carried by their defense.

Come on--Gruden won the SB with that team. He beat the team he helped build into a SB contender.

Dungy has had more opportunity to reach the SB, especially with the stacked teams he had in Indy, and failed more than any coach in the past 25 years. He has exactly one more SB appearance than Barry Switzer and the same number of rings.

Really? From you this is great irony.

Come on--Gruden won the SB with that team. He beat the team he helped build into a SB contender.

Dungy has had more opportunity to reach the SB, especially with the stacked teams he had in Indy, and failed more than any coach in the past 25 years. He has exactly one more SB appearance than Barry Switzer and the same number of rings.

Really? From you this is great irony.

Dungy was the one who transformed that Tampa team from losers to winners. Also, Indy struggled to give over the hunt until Dungy was hired. I respect Bill Polian's opinion about football more that yours. Dungy is a very good coach.

And I believe Dungy is a tv analyst so that means his job is to comment on football. He didn't kill Ryan, he just said he won't hire him. Ryan is a blowhard who likes to hear himself talk. Keith Brooking said way worse things about Ryan than Dungy did.

As far as the hate towards Dungy, I'm sure he's done a lot more for this country than those criticizing him.

Come on Dean. I said finishing school, not high school.

The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our Zulu's posts - we did. :worthy: