College Football Predictions!!!

I predict that Mike Leach will be one of the more colorful and entertaining commentators in his new gig with CBS- but that he'll last only one year, returning the the sidelines with a BCS or NFL program after Texas Tech pays him a $5-10M settlement this Fall.

Who gives a crap about Mike Leach?

In the super-extreme, double probation risk department... I'll choose Texas to win the national championship.

Iowa has an extraordinarily easy schedule with all of their big games at home this year. I'd like to say my alma-mater was going to take it all, but it would be a fantasy. They were awesome at 11-2 last year. It's tough for the smallest Big-Ten (11, 12, whatever) school to put two great years in a row together but this would be the year. Now I sound like Jauron. Jeezus. :lol:

Every time I predict that Ohio State is going to be bad this year, I end up eating crow. So, they'll do great. Hopefully, that'll jinx 'em in the conference, not that they need the help in the BCS bowl games.

My best guess is a Texas/Texas Christian national championship game. Texas is playing the almighty Rice, Wyoming, UCLA, and Florida Atlantic out-of-conference. The most difficult road game in-conference is either Nebraska or Kansas State. They do play Rice on the road, but somehow, I think they'll muddle through. They've got a golden paved road to the title, even without Colt McCoy, in a conference that is on the razor's edge of collapse.

The Miami/Ohio Taint game will be an early litmus test. We'll see where the bear **** in the buckwheat regarding Harris and Pryor early on.

As for FSU, I think they're underrated, and will surprise after cutting a metric ton of dead weight from their coaching staff. That said, Ponder ain't winning the Hypesman unless they're in the title hunt in late November, which I think to be highly unlikely.

Looking outside the box a bit and not picking the same old same old...

Conference Winners:

ACC: North Carolina

Big 10: Iowa (Michigan will surpise)

Big 12: Nebraska

Big East: Pittsburgh (maybe S. Florida)

Pac 10: Oregon (Stanford may be spoiler)

SEC: Arkansas

Kelley will give Notre Dame a BCS bowl win.

Can't make up my mind on National Championship game because I can't decide on how the voters will swing. Between Nebraska, Arkansas and Boise.

Heisman: Ingram

*Massive homer alert*

Watch out for the Irish this year. Take a look at the schedule for a minute and tell me who they won't be favored against:

09/04/10 vs. Purdue Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

09/11/10 vs. Michigan Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

09/18/10 at Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. 8:00 p.m. ET

09/25/10 vs. Stanford Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

10/02/10 at Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass. TBA

10/09/10 vs. Pittsburgh Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET

10/16/10 vs. Western Michigan Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

10/23/10 at Navy East Rutherford, N.J. 12:00 p.m. ET

10/30/10 vs. Tulsa Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

11/13/10 vs. Utah Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET

11/20/10 vs. Army Bronx, N.Y. (Yankee Stadium) 7:00 p.m. ET

11/27/10 at USC Los Angeles, Calif. 5:00 p.m. PT

That doesn't mean they're going to win every game they're favored in. Far from it. But of all the games out there, the only one that I would say is going to be a really huge challenge on paper is the Utah game. Yes, Michigan and Michigan State are always brutal games. Same with BC. Pittsburgh is always a wild card, and for the love of God, if ND doesn't beat USC this year, I'll drown myself in a vat of Bailey's and Guinness.

I do follow a lot of college football, but right now, the only thing I have on are my green Notre Dame homer goggles. Go Irish! :wallbash:

5 losses - one of the Michigan teams, BC and Pitt, Utah, and of course USC. Enjoy the Guinness and Bailey's!

i like boise state as much as the next guy. the problem i have with them this year is that they are ranked in the preseason top 5. before this season they have always been under-rated and always exceeded everyones expectations. now they have a bullseye on their backs and the hardest thing to do is win when youre expected to win.

no way oregon wins the pac-10 without masoli.

ACC - Florida State

SEC - Alabama

Big 10 - Ohio State

Pac 10 - UCLA / Oregon State

Big 12 - Oklahoma

Big East - Pittsburgh

You're talking about the same guy who was completely outplayed by Navy's QB? He threw 18 TD's last year, 6 against Toledo and Indiana!

During his last 2 regular season games, he threw for 93 yds in an overtime game against Iowa and 67 Yds against Mich! He's hardly a passer.

He is nowhere near VY. VY was one of the greatest college football players ever and Terrell Pryor had one good game in his career.

Why do people hate him? Do you remember his act last year? The attitude he came to OSU with, the Vick eyepatches? Plus, the dude has done nothing other than beat an above average team in the Rose Bowl.

Ohio State is the most overrated program in the country and they've shown it everytime they step on the field with a real team.

Lets look at the stats of vince youngs sophmore year in comparison to Pryors from espn.com

Terrelle Pryor: comp: 167 attempts:295 yds: 2094 comp %: 56.6% td: 18 int: 11 rat: 128.9

Vince Young: comp: 148 attempts: 250 yds: 1849 comp %: 59.2% td: 12 int: 11

You tell me John, which passer would you take? Pryor is only a sophmore and already has 2 big ten titles appeared in 2 bcs bowl games both of which ohio state was in. I'm not saying I love him personally or that he's great yet but you cant deny that hes a tremendous talent. There's no reason Ohio State shouldn't be favorites to win the big ten again this year with a better team.

You're talking about the same guy who was completely outplayed by Navy's QB? He threw 18 TD's last year, 6 against Toledo and Indiana!

During his last 2 regular season games, he threw for 93 yds in an overtime game against Iowa and 67 Yds against Mich! He's hardly a passer.

He is nowhere near VY. VY was one of the greatest college football players ever and Terrell Pryor had one good game in his career.

Why do people hate him? Do you remember his act last year? The attitude he came to OSU with, the Vick eyepatches? Plus, the dude has done nothing other than beat an above average team in the Rose Bowl.

Ohio State is the most overrated program in the country and they've shown it everytime they step on the field with a real team.

Ohio State's story will be the same this year, as it has in the past 2 years. Their defense will keep them in games long enough to make it interesting, and they will win most of them. But, unless Pryor has done some serious growing up in the last year, he will do something to cost them a game or two.