TROUBLE SELLING TICKETS (ALMOST)EVERYWHERE

Where else on the face of the Earth would the home team get weaker in respect to the competition and yet the fan base gets stronger,

The Buffalo Bills have the best, most resilient fans in the Nation...

And the fact that the Bills charge about $15.00 below the average ticket price in the NFL to watch the games helps the fans' resiliency, don't you think? :lol::P

Here's what I would rather see. Ralph Wilson raising ticket prices all the way up to the exact average price in the NFL, and using that extra revenue to improve his team on the field.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on, doc--what do you think he's getting at by trotting out the specter of moving the team? Why did he assemble that dream team of NY politicos? To let everyone know how fat his account is getting in his waning years? He's not telling everyone that he thinks he will have financial difficulty with the CBA?

Are you really pretending to not understand what he meant by this statement? Very lame.

So, for the couple months in 2006 when Ralph was warning everyone about how that POS CBA (which the owners planned to opt-out of because they "predicted" the economy would tank years before it actually did) was bad for small markets, while he was waiting for the big market owners to lay out their plan for additional revenue sharing, Ralph was "repeating the Bills are in "trouble?" Very lame.

Did you really believe that he'd move the team doc? Moreover, what did his stunt cost the fans?

You're being disingenuous. Despite the fact that Ralph was doing well at the time and the fact that the new CBA promised 5 times more financial aid to low revenue teams than any previous agreement, he was predicting finacial difficulty.

e.g., USA at the time:

1st of all, let me say that with all sincerity, I think you're stretching to make a point that's not there.

"I've been asked that question many times and I've always said always, I'd never move the team from Buffalo," Wilson said. "Now, with this new CBA, I'm hopeful I can steadfastly adhere to what I said, but I'm making no promises."

Your earlier post made it sound like he constantly threatens to move the team. This is from 4 years ago. Is it the best you could find?

And he's making a point that the new CBA is bad for small market teams. He didn't threaten to move the team, or say that the Bills are in trouble. He says he had promised never to move the team in the past, and hopes he can stick to that promise.