Why is Paul Hamilton not reporting from camp??

Tbone

Does anyone know why WGR has Paul Hamilton sitting on the sidelines during training camp? Is he going to be covering the Bills this season? I appreciate Joe Buscaglia's tweets but his on air insights dont hold a candle to Hamilton's.

Does anyone know why WGR has Paul Hamilton sitting on the sidelines during training camp? Is he going to be covering the Bills this season? I appreciate Joe Buscaglia's tweets but his on air insights dont hold a candle to Hamilton's.

I've wondered the same thing. The only thing I can think of is that Hamilton does not want to drag out to Pittsford to cover training camp and that he'll resume being the Bills beat reporter once the team breaks camp. Joe Buscaglia is coming along, but he's not nearly as polished (or as entertaining) as Hamilton.

Does anyone know why WGR has Paul Hamilton sitting on the sidelines during training camp?

It's to show all the players, coaches, wifes, kids, and all media what an AWESOME mustache looks like and gives them hope that one day, if they work hard and have a clean living, they too can achieve such greatness.

Next question?

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Paul Hamilton is back in the WGR studios dreaming up more inane, irrelelvant and ridiculous non-sports related drafts to make the Schopp and Bulldog Show even more unbearable to listen to every afternoon. I heard that next week they will draft varieties of corn. The week after they will have a debate on boxers vs. briefs. Certainly that is WAAAAAAY more important than the Bills, or at least it would seem so based on what GR covers on a daily basis.

Don't know for sure, but I would bet, like every other business, GR is trying to get more work out of fewer people.

Buscalia, it seems, is now their "Bills guy", while Hamilton is in the studio more, doing the regular sports updates. I think Buscalia is okay, but, I never thought Hamilton was very good at covering the Bills. I think he is definitely more of a hockey guy. I would bet, Hamilton will be taking over for RJ, doing play by play for the Sabre games, before too much longer. I wouldn't be shocked (though I am only guessing, and don't know this is fact) if Hamilton asked to be removed from the Bills coverage.

I think Hamilton does a good job, for the most part, in analyzing the Sabres. I don't think GR has anyone on staff, with Coach Dickerson gone, that is particularly knowledgeable about the game of football. It seems weird to me, there isn't one ex-Bill in town, who they can add to their daily staff, to give some insight into the game? Thurman works for them (I think he still does), but offers little insight.

Don't know for sure, but I would bet, like every other business, GR is trying to get more work out of fewer people.

Probably so. A few weeks ago, a name in the CIN media passed on. The article mentioned that he brought the concept of "reporter-cameraman" to the local market. Our newsbunnies and newsbeaus often set up a tripod with a camera, walk around, flash the toothy smile, tousle the hair, and report.

Probably so. A few weeks ago, a name in the CIN media passed on. The article mentioned that he brought the concept of "reporter-cameraman" to the local market. Our newsbunnies and newsbeaus often set up a tripod with a camera, walk around, flash the toothy smile, tousle the hair, and report.

Right. Can't tell you how many times I have heard, over the last 5 years or so, "don't think of this as a new responsibility, think of it as a new opportunity"... :lol: