The cut list?

I watched Cincinnatti/ Broncos last night and one of the announcers was going on about the great number of quality wide receivers they had and the difficulty they would have deciding which ones to cut. Frankly we don't have enough starters and we don't have quality backups. I think the time may have come to drop the players who aren't either starters or potential starters and grab high quality players in position of need..(LT, QB, WR, Defensive front seven.) We can't really afford to have a roster full of guys you wouldn't want on the playing field (hell we're STARTING some players who shouldn't be on the playing field. Without tackles you'll have five or six running backs injured before too long. Time to look to the only personnel pool available to us and scavenge among the players to be let go.

I watched Cincinnatti/ Broncos last night and one of the announcers was going on about the great number of quality wide receivers they had and the difficulty they would have deciding which ones to cut. Frankly we don't have enough starters and we don't have quality backups. I think the time may have come to drop the players who aren't either starters or potential starters and grab high quality players in position of need..(LT, QB, WR, Defensive front seven.) We can't really afford to have a roster full of guys you wouldn't want on the playing field (hell we're STARTING some players who shouldn't be on the playing field. Without tackles you'll have five or six running backs injured before too long. Time to look to the only personnel pool available to us and scavenge among the players to be let go.

The Bills have become scavengers. That says it all folks.

I am not up on the Broncos depth chart- but who do they have at WR? I thought they were a one trick pony with Brandon Marshall. I can't think of who is starting for them, let alone wanting to sign their number 6. Bengals got some depth

I am not up on the Broncos depth chart- but who do they have at WR? I thought they were a one trick pony with Brandon Marshall. I can't think of who is starting for them, let alone wanting to sign their number 6. Bengals got some depth

for WR the announcers were talking about the depth on the Bengals, not the Broncos.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/cin/depthchart

Actually it is kind of pathetic that we are relying on making a passable team by being such scavengers...but we could have done something in trade, free agency or the draft. Seeing us sign another running back just convinces me that we going on in the wrong direction. With Spiller, Bell and Simpson we have all we need and we expect Lynch and Jackson back for the season...wtf?

Where the hell are we going to get "high quality players in position of need" at this time of the year!? And since when does having poor tackles have anything to do with RBs getting hurt? I'm pretty sure RBs get hit on every play - regardless of whether the tackles are any good or not. I don't think you're more likely to get hurt when hit in the backfield as compared to 20 yards past the LOS.

Another thing, why would you think players that have been cut by other teams - just weeks before the season - will they be able to pick up our offense/defense in time to contribute this year?

They could definitely use some more talent though - just like your post could use some more common sense.

2nd rounder Jerome Simpson, Matt Jones, and Quan Cosby are the likely cuts from the CIN team. Their question mark is if Bryant can play.

You might recall Cosby - he was a draft day feature, sitting on a couch with comedian Bill Cosby.

He wasn't drafted. CIN signed him as a UFDA, and he did a fine job on special teams and punt returning. But #3 Shipley and db Jones will take over the PR duties, as well as KR.

He's 27 years old - no snot about him. Had a couple games at wr - not bad. He's the CIN wr cut that BUF should pay attention to.

Dear Mr. Moderator,

As a service to we posters, could you please create a template that reads: "I think that the Bills should trade for/pick up (circle one) _____________________ (fill name in here). " Not only would this save time for the posters, but it would also reduce, but unfortunately not totally eliminate, all of the posts correcting spelling and/or grammar that inevitably accompanying every other post.

Thank you.

Where the hell are we going to get "high quality players in position of need" at this time of the year!? And since when does having poor tackles have anything to do with RBs getting hurt? I'm pretty sure RBs get hit on every play - regardless of whether the tackles are any good or not. I don't think you're more likely to get hurt when hit in the backfield as compared to 20 yards past the LOS.

Another thing, why would you think players that have been cut by other teams - just weeks before the season - will they be able to pick up our offense/defense in time to contribute this year?

They could definitely use some more talent though - just like your post could use some more common sense.

A guy who calls himself Jesus thinks I'm lacking common sense?

Actually the only available talent pool at this point will be the cut list. We would have been wiser to draft an offensive line, to trade for a qb, or to use free agency...but we didn't.

What makes you think the "football team" that took the field last week will play well in the regular seaon?

enerally, but with some exceptions, running backs get hurt because some big fella hits them really hard while they are trying to run the ball. Some get hurt falling inthe shower, some get hurt playing racquetball, and in such cases an offensive line doesn't really help. Back to getting hit hard by some other player while trying to run the ball though...tackles play a major role in insuring that big guys don't hit them. It would be a real help to this team if we had a couple of tackles that were effective in doing that.

I don't think we'll get "high quality" players through the cut list. I do think we'll get better players than we have at certain positions through the cut list.

Our talent level is LOW you try to find better players any way you can. Does that mean you take some other teams cut and try to coach him up ? Yes that's what it means

I agree, let's improve the talent level any way we can. It's just a sad state of affairs when other teams' castoffs improve your talent level.