Chan's basic training

Guest dog14787
Plan on us having a better record & not losing games in the 4th quarter, these boys will go a full game.

If we can win 6 games under DJ, we can win 10 under Chan Gailey

I Billieve...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand all the Chan Galiey hype. Perhaps, its because Dick boy was so bad? He isn't doing anything "magical" here at camp. He is teaching and stressing fundamentals, letting guys compete, and building a mindset to winning. That's what most coaches do! It may equate to winning more games but a coach still has to have talent. Man for man that is where the Bills fall short. That far outweighs any of coach Galiey's so called "magical solutions." Yes, we have plenty to be optimistic about but lets not blatantly disregard all the other aspects of evaluating a football team. Coaching albeit is important it is only one aspect to winning. I want to see the team win games before I start hailing coach Gailey as some super human coach. That's my take on things...

Getting back to basic, having the team do squats, hitting during camp. Chan seems to be undoing the DJ years and trying to reinstall a hard hitting, discipline focus to the team, specifically the lines what have been horrible of the team the last few years. Once again we seems to be rebuilding but at least this time we would appear to be starting with a foundation rather then the landscaping.

I really don't understand all the Chan Galiey hype. Perhaps, its because Dick boy was so bad? He isn't doing anything "magical" here at camp. He is teaching and stressing fundamentals, letting guys compete, and building a mindset to winning. That's what most coaches do! It may equate to winning more games but a coach still has to have talent. Man for man that is where the Bills fall short. That far outweighs any of coach Galiey's so called "magical solutions." Yes, we have plenty to be optimistic about but lets not blatantly disregard all the other aspects of evaluating a football team. Coaching albeit is important it is only one aspect to winning. I want to see the team win games before I start hailing coach Gailey as some super human coach. That's my take on things...

No one has done that int his thread. People are just saying that his approach is what the team needs and I agree. I don't even think it's possible to say a coach is "super-human" until at least after his first season.

I get it that chances are the Bills don't win 7 games this year, but does that mean we can't at least entertain the idea that they might? We can't talk about how it could happen? Does the mere utterance of anything positive about the Bills mean that people don't know what they're talking about?

In your post above, you use the words/phrases "magical" (in quotes like someone used it before you and your quoting them), "get on my knees and blow the guy like so many of you are", "magical solutions" (again in quotes), and then "hailing Gailey as some super human coach", while no one in this thread has used any of those phrases or really even come close to doing so. You're trying to start a fight by yourself and you editorialize like FOX NEWS.

oh really? using the blocking chutes (sp?) in camp isnt new......theyve been doing it. Lots of teams do squats in the gym.

If this team improves its because of X's and O's not because Chan doesnt let the guys watch sportscenter while lifting.

Greg Williams ran a tough camp too and it meant jack shhhhhhhhh

bottom line this team needs more talent not more old school stuff.

Myself personally PTR, Chan Gailey feels like a match made in football heaven with the Buffalo Bills.

The players seem to be responding extremely well so far under Gailey's strong leadership and I have never enjoyed listening to an NFL coach talk football more then I do listening to Chan Gailey. Hearing first hand accounts as Gailey takes hold of a struggling football team/ organization and blankets it with his inner strength/ confidence/ winning attitude are memories I will forever cherish.

I Billieve...

Wow. As a Georgia Tech fan, I gotta say this is ... um ... an interesting viewpoint. :thumbsup:

oh really? using the blocking chutes (sp?) in camp isnt new......theyve been doing it. Lots of teams do squats in the gym.

If this team improves its because of X's and O's not because Chan doesnt let the guys watch sportscenter while lifting.

Greg Williams ran a tough camp too and it meant jack shhhhhhhhh

bottom line this team needs more talent not more old school stuff.

That is true. I just hope I never hear anyone call him a "players' coach".

Nobody is getting on their knees, or claiming that he is a HOF coach. Your constant negativity is a real downer for me, anyone who reads your posts, and probably anyone that knows you in real life. ROOT for your team like you should, or go find another to hate on.

and by that I mean: "player's coach" is often synonymous with "goes easy on the players," like one Richard Jauron. Here's hoping Chan never gets that label.

COaching style doesnt matter is my point. Marv was a players coach, Shula was a players coach, both are considered all time greats bc of their mastery of the game.

Buffalo has an obsession with physicality, whether its football or hockey. They over-appreciate toughness or perceived toughness.

Ill take a players coach who know how call plays and run a team over a hard ass any day.

No one has done that int his thread. People are just saying that his approach is what the team needs and I agree. I don't even think it's possible to say a coach is "super-human" until at least after his first season.

I get it that chances are the Bills don't win 7 games this year, but does that mean we can't at least entertain the idea that they might? We can't talk about how it could happen? Does the mere utterance of anything positive about the Bills mean that people don't know what they're talking about?

In your post above, you use the words/phrases "magical" (in quotes like someone used it before you and your quoting them), "get on my knees and blow the guy like so many of you are", "magical solutions" (again in quotes), and then "hailing Gailey as some super human coach", while no one in this thread has used any of those phrases or really even come close to doing so. You're trying to start a fight by yourself and you editorialize like FOX NEWS.

Yeah, I am so sick of the naysayers, they are entitled to their opinion, but it just seems to me that most are just living in the past. We all start 0-0, so we have the same chances as every other team. The last 10 years have beeen realy hard on

all of us Bills fans, I billieve that Chan definitley has us on the right path, and that is good enough for me at this point.

Let's have some faith.

Promo I enjoy your posts but you have got to be careful. This team is rebuilding and has serious depth and experience issues. The OL is still very questionable until proven otherwise. The defensive front seven is unproven in playing a new scheme. The QB situation is also questionable. We shall see this year if Edwards is ever going to develop, be a leader, and throw the dam ball down the field. We have a roster full of players that are used to losing and have not figured out how to win close games.

I can see 8 or 9 wins if all questionable areas turn out for the best. Realistically I think that it is very possible that this team plays better than last year and still only wins 4 or 5 games.

Hey Promo - Why is it you "have got to be careful"?.................did you go and bet the house and your first-born child on the Bills winning 7 this year? How many times have I told you to cut that S%$# out!

When I first read your post, I thought maybe you were simply thinking positive. Apparently, you've not been careful!!! :thumbsup:

Nobody is getting on their knees, or claiming that he is a HOF coach. Your constant negativity is a real downer for me, anyone who reads your posts, and probably anyone that knows you in real life. ROOT for your team like you should, or go find another to hate on.

well said and i agree 100%

Hey Promo - Why is it you "have got to be careful"?.................did you go and bet the house and your first-born child on the Bills winning 7 this year? How many times have I told you to cut that S%$# out!

When I first read your post, I thought maybe you were simply thinking positive. Apparently, you've not been careful!!! :thumbsup:

Apparently optimism is a crime around here.

PTR

I just stated my feelings and I in no way intended to start a fight. All I was trying to say is the guy hasn't proved anything to me. He is 0-0 as a Bills coach. I don't think Gailey is doing anything remarkable. I like the direction and the things I am hearing but in no way shape or form is he doing anything out of the ordinary. I will remian skeptical until proven otherwise. I am not about to sing his praise until I see results. You can sing as much as you want and as loud as you want.

I just stated my feelings and I in no way intended to start a fight. All I was trying to say is the guy hasn't proved anything to me. He is 0-0 as a Bills coach. I don't think Gailey is doing anything remarkable. I like the direction and the things I am hearing but in no way shape or form is he doing anything out of the ordinary. I will remian skeptical until proven otherwise. I am not about to sing his praise until I see results. You can sing as much as you want and as loud as you want.

Hard to argue with that!

Speaking of singing, cue the Elton John music: "Biiiitch, Biiitch, the B word is baaaaack....."