Never look down on the Buffalo Bills

I really have been skeptical of all the moves the Bills made since last year but after thinking it over, who is looking down at them ? We hire professional coaches and management to handle the team. A majority of the detractors couldn't coach a pop-Warner game. We need to see everything as fans first and realize that our input is as limit as the length our remote is, not far reaching.

That doesn't mean that we don't have very intelligent posters here or people with inside knowledge, it just means that a majority of the people looking down don't know what their looking at anyways.

Go Bills!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the "insiders", be it Bills 'fans' or insiders, that I'd love to see heed your words. They're the ones who fly off the handle and shoot from the hip w/ the "he sucks" posts and the like. Not that I don't see where it's coming from; when you root for a team that has done next to nothing for a decade, then people are going to be irate, antsy for something better for their team, and all that. I get that. Thing is, you should also be realistic 'bout the team improving. It is, more than likely, not going to happen overnight. But, as long as the Bills progress towards being a competitive team, that's a good thing.

Now, the non Bills fans who just want to take the opportunity to bash the team? I couldn't care less.

Speak for yourself. I played the game at the collegiate level and do coach pop warner games not to mention following the team daily for 30 years. I don't post out of ignorance but realize I'm no Nix or Gailey either. There have been many times over the years that I've been right and the Bills brass has been wrong but in the end my opinion doesn't matter much. It's not like Ralph scans TSW for ideas and direction for his team. It is a place to have intelligent discussion and debates about the team you follow.

I went to games at the Rockpile, so none of this "non-fan" baloney. I dont get hung up on this player sucks or this coach sucks kind of stuff. It's a team effort whether you win or lose.

Last year I was spot on with a 6-10 prediction.

This year I predict 5-11. There will be no improvement, especially on offense.

You dont need to be an insider, a former player, or a former coach to figure this team out. We suck. We have sucked, and we will continue to suck. Then RW will pass on and the team will leave. It's all pretty straightforward.

I really have been skeptical of all the moves the Bills made since last year but after thinking it over, who is looking down at them ? We hire professional coaches and management to handle the team. A majority of the detractors couldn't coach a pop-Warner game. We need to see everything as fans first and realize that our input is as limit as the length our remote is, not far reaching.

That doesn't mean that we don't have very intelligent posters here or people with inside knowledge, it just means that a majority of the people looking down don't know what their looking at anyways.

Go Bills!!

Then why have a message board at all? Did it take a genius to figure out what prior regimes were doing was awful? And I did play at a very good college and i've coached little league, camps and high school so I do have a perspective. I can look at a guy and make an informed opinion. Am I a scout? No, but you don't have to be to have an opinion. By that logic, none of us can have an opinion on politics, etc.

Lately, it seems that the only opinion welcomed on this board is "Nix is God" and "everything the Bills are doing is great". Anything else is called "trolling" or "negative". If the past ten years haven't made you cynical then I don't know what will.

Then why have a message board at all? Did it take a genius to figure out what prior regimes were doing was awful? And I did play at a very good college and i've coached little league, camps and high school so I do have a perspective. I can look at a guy and make an informed opinion. Am I a scout? No, but you don't have to be to have an opinion. By that logic, none of us can have an opinion on politics, etc.

Lately, it seems that the only opinion welcomed on this board is "Nix is God" and "everything the Bills are doing is great". Anything else is called "trolling" or "negative". If the past ten years haven't made you cynical then I don't know what will.

It's hard to question anything right now without seeing what we have on the field. Reading these early predictions about our demise and everything is in the toilet is a joke.

The NFL is not college and coaching Pop-Warner is a good start but it's not near the top levels. I suggest some people get over themselves, it's embarrassing.

The "joke" and "embarrassment" is this football team. Everyone has a right to be overly optimistic or pessimistic about their potential. My "early prediction" last year was spot-on, so I feel that I can speak intelligently about their chances this year. I wont bother going into specifics, but from a purely football talent perspective, the team simply has not improved. If they do end up with a better record, great. I'm just not expecting much after being disappointed year after year for over a decade. Regardless of their record, they are not a playoff-bound team and that's all that really matters.

It's hard to question anything right now without seeing what we have on the field. Reading these early predictions about our demise and everything is in the toilet is a joke.

The NFL is not college and coaching Pop-Warner is a good start but it's not near the top levels. I suggest some people get over themselves, it's embarrassing.

The "joke" and "embarrassment" is this football team. Everyone has a right to be overly optimistic or pessimistic about their potential. My "early prediction" last year was spot-on, so I feel that I can speak intelligently about their chances this year. I wont bother going into specifics, but from a purely football talent perspective, the team simply has not improved. If they do end up with a better record, great. I'm just not expecting much after being disappointed year after year for over a decade. Regardless of their record, they are not a playoff-bound team and that's all that really matters.

Yeah, they fire the OC 10 days before the season and everyone is a soothsayer. Just because you're right one year, doesn't make you right all the time. The rest of your statement is a self-defense mechanism, take medication.

More embarrassing than predicting a top 10 defense? More embarrassing than predicting Pro Bowls for 4/5th, year career underachievers? More embarassing than not knowing that the Bills didn't play C2 on every defensive play for the last 4 years?

I would suggest that the "positive" posters are a bit more embarrassing than the "negs"/"realistic" posters because there is nothing to back them up. 10 years is a very good sample set to form an opinion on something....it's an organizational indictment more than anything.

Go Bills!!

No, you haven't. A quick review of your more than 50 threads you have started (in only 7 weeks!) shows something else.

It takes some balls to claim that "the majority" of those who don't agree with your opinions are not bright enough to hold such opinions.

Take a rest.

More embarrassing than predicting a top 10 defense? More embarrassing than predicting Pro Bowls for 4/5th, year career underachievers? More embarassing than not knowing that the Bills didn't play C2 on every defensive play for the last 4 years?

I would suggest that the "positive" posters are a bit more embarrassing than the "negs"/"realistic" posters because there is nothing to back them up. 10 years is a very good sample set to form an opinion on something....it's an organizational indictment more than anything.

I can objectively look at things and see how being negative is a easier way out for everyone but again our teams success is based on results.

A top 10 defense looks good, our secondary is one of the best in the league and health willing our line will improve.

No, you haven't. A quick review of your more than 50 threads you have started (in only 7 weeks!) shows something else.

It takes some balls to claim that "the majority" of those who don't agree with your opinions are not bright enough to hold such opinions.

Take a rest.

Having an opinion without seeing the final product is my point, complain at will after having a reason too. Until we have the first 4 or 5 games played, we all know nothing.

Judging the team early and claiming the knowledge to know the future because you knew something last year is joke, give it a rest.

I can objectively look at things and see how being negative is a easier way out for everyone but again our teams success is based on results.

A top 10 defense looks good, our secondary is one of the best in the league and health willing our line will improve.

"best" secondary is a saying a lot seeing that they have a grand total of 1 Pro Bowl. They are potentially very good but how about a pass rush? Depth at LB, both MLB and OLB? Your just assuming that almost everyone on the D is playing in a new position and they are going to fit right in? Hmmm.

There are some negative posters on here for sure but their are many, I would include myself in this, that are realistic and get grouped with the over-the-top "negs"/"trolls". I am looking forward to seeing what this board looks like in December, not to say "I told you so", but I want to say how the "pos's" handles the inevitable.

How about this for an analogy. I use to bet on horses. I didn't know a whole lot about horses. I didn't know training methods either. But, I knew how to read the daily racing form. It showed the history of past race performance.

With the Bills, it is pretty much the same stable of horses with a different trainer/coach. Yes, sometimes a new trainer can bring life to a bad horse. But, Chan Gaily did not just claim ONE bad horse. He and Nix inherited a stable of bad horses and it's doubtful all of them are suddenly going to turn into Kentucky Derby horses. Maybe one or two of the horses will get better but not all of them.

I don't need to be an expert at football (nor horses) to know where to put my money. I am looking forward to the season and hoping for modest improvement throughout the year...especially for the offense. GO BILLS

How about this for an analogy. I use to bet on horses. I didn't know a whole lot about horses. I didn't know training methods either. But, I knew how to read the daily racing form. It showed the history of past race performance.

With the Bills, it is pretty much the same stable of horses with a different trainer/coach. Yes, sometimes a new trainer can bring life to a bad horse. But, Chan Gaily did not just claim ONE bad horse. He and Nix inherited a stable of bad horses and it's doubtful all of them are suddenly going to turn into Kentucky Derby horses. Maybe one or two of the horses will get better but not all of them.

I don't need to be an expert at football (nor horses) to know where to put my money. I am looking forward to the season and hoping for modest improvement throughout the year...especially for the offense. GO BILLS

Nice response.

See folks, you can get your point 'cross w/out a whole bunch of "the Bills suck" and "(name of person in Bills organization who doesn't do things my way here) doesn't know what he's doing" type posts. Even if said point is what many would consider a negative one.

Here's the way it is. :lol:

The football year is split into 2 sections:

1. Off-Season: from the day after the Super Bowl to the day before the 1st regular season game.

This is the time of year when hope springs eternal, and most everyone is at least just a little optimistic about the Bills. There will be some negativity presented by some, but it will get beaten down pretty quick by the more vocal Pollyanna fans who can't accept any differing opinions.

2. Season: from the 1st regular season game to the Super Bowl.

This is when reality sets in. Everyone still hopes for the best at first, but things usually start falling apart sooner or later, especially the last 10 years. Often-times the only satisfying (not redeeming by any means, but satisfying) aspect of a dismal Bills season is watching the attacking Pollyanna fans from the off-season deservedly forced to eat a big plate of sh**.... that is, at least the ones that don't go an extended business trip and disappear.

Bottom line, if the attacking Pollyannas are getting under your skin, just wait. :P

Here's the way it is. ;)

The football year is split into 2 sections:

1. Off-Season: from the day after the Super Bowl to the day before the 1st regular season game.

This is the time of year when hope springs eternal, and most everyone is at least just a little optimistic about the Bills. There will be some negativity presented by some, but it will get beaten down pretty quick by the more vocal Pollyanna fans who can't accept any differing opinions.

2. Season: from the 1st regular season game to the Super Bowl.

This is when reality sets in. Everyone still hopes for the best at first, but things usually start falling apart sooner or later, especially the last 10 years. Often-times the only satisfying (not redeeming by any means, but satisfying) aspect of a dismal Bills season is watching the attacking Pollyanna fans from the off-season deservedly forced to eat a big plate of sh**.... that is, at least the ones that don't go an extended business trip and disappear.

Bottom line, if the attacking Pollyannas are getting under your skin, just wait. :lol:

Well said. I've always enjoyed your posts because I read them in Keith Richards current voice and secondly they are well timed, funny as hell and on point.

I never remember it being so "pollyan-ish" on this board. Grant it, I wasn't around when Marv returned (I would imagine that it was a billlion times worse) so it might just be a "New Regime" phenomina .

Laslty, I will take no satisfaction in another bad Bills season. What I will take satisfaction in is the "pollys" proclaiming, "NEXT YEAR IS OUR YEAR!" :unsure:

Well said. I've always enjoyed your posts because I read them in Keith Richards current voice and secondly they are well timed, funny as hell and on point.

I never remember it being so "pollyan-ish" on this board. Grant it, I wasn't around when Marv returned (I would imagine that it was a billlion times worse) so it might just be a "New Regime" phenomina .

Laslty, I will take no satisfaction in another bad Bills season. What I will take satisfaction in is the "pollys" proclaiming, "NEXT YEAR IS OUR YEAR!" :unsure:

Thanks!

Like I said, most everyone has rose-colored glasses on right on, it's just the same vocal few that go into attack mode, been that way for years now.

I went to games at the Rockpile, so none of this "non-fan" baloney. I dont get hung up on this player sucks or this coach sucks kind of stuff. It's a team effort whether you win or lose.

Last year I was spot on with a 6-10 prediction.

This year I predict 5-11. There will be no improvement, especially on offense.

You dont need to be an insider, a former player, or a former coach to figure this team out. We suck. We have sucked, and we will continue to suck. Then RW will pass on and the team will leave. It's all pretty straightforward.

How are your lottery predictions doing?