Here's my Training Camp Report from Friday 8/6/10

Here ya go. My report from Day 9 of Training Camp is finished. Hope ya enjoy it. If you have any questions or comments, go ahead and post them. I will try to reply to all. Sorry this is late, but I just got a chance to type it up after a long night at work.

Day 9 brought a new face to Buffalo Bills Training Camp. CJ Spiller has finally arrived and the crowd was excited. He came out of the locker room to cheers and the fans were watching his every move. It was nice to see him on the field. The coaches didn't hesitate to throw him right into the action, using him at RB and punt returner. As for the rest of the team, they started practice a half hour late and finished a few minutes early as Chan Gailey decided to give them a little break. They worked hard all night and spent time on the usual drills, including the 7-on-7, 11-on-11, punt returns and the 2-minute drill.

As always, the team spent a lot of time on the individual drills. I focused on the Quarterback passing drills. They worked with the wide receivers and tight ends for a while and then later with the running backs. Trent Edwards threw the best passes of the 4 quarterbacks. He was connecting with Lee Evans and Steve Johnson every time. He also threw a couple passes to Shawn Nelson and Jonathan Stupar, who continued his solid camp by catching everything thrown his way. Brian Brohm showed nice zip on his ball and connected with Steve Johnson a few times too, although some of his passes were a little low. Ryan Fitzpatrick looked alright, but he did overthrow CJ Spiller in the running back drills. Kawika Mitchell was the best defensive player out there. He made several big hits, including one on Joique Bell as a welcome to the NFL, rookie.

Following this drill, the players spent time on special teams. The focus of the night was punt returns. The main returners were Roscoe Parrish, CJ Spiller and Leodis McKelvin. They caught "punts" from the jugs machine and McKelvin was the only player that dropped one of them. Roscoe Parrish continued to impress with his punt return ability as he made a few cuts and ran up the middle for a long return. CJ Spiller started out a little slow, but by the end of the drill, he gave fans a little preview of what he can do with the ball as he flew up the field past the gunners. The players spent about 10-15 minutes on the drill and then went right to the 11-on-11 drills........

CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

Here ya go. My report from Day 9 of Training Camp is finished. Hope ya enjoy it. If you have any questions or comments, go ahead and post them. I will try to reply to all. Sorry this is late, but I just got a chance to type it up after a long night at work.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

Great stuff as usual. Thanks.

I am concerned about McKelvin. This should be a break out year for him.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

Sounds like this Joique Bell is the real deal as well. Sure wish we had such an arsenal at our disposal at some other positions like we do at RB. And it appears that McKelvin's days as a Bill are numbered. Thanks again Mike for another well written & thorough report.

Mike, You are doing such a great job that when I finally get the SI deal sealed I will allow you to be the swim suit photographer. Of course since I am the boss I will take over once you snap a picture or two. It is called "ownership prerogative". If you can't accept the terms of your employment then you will be quickly dismissed. You can then take a photo job with Field and Stream and snap pictures of some good looking bass. :worthy:

Good job Mike.

I hope McKelvin does better or it looks like Florence will take his job, it might not be a bad thing since he held his own last year.

I respect your ability to summarize the action and your takes at the end. I wonder if you would mind telling us how the guys in the trenches look to you one of these days? Thanks for your gift to us.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

Thanks Mike!

Your pics of the QBs in red jersies reminded me...did you know that Dallas Cowboy QBs have never worn a different colored jersey in practice? It is done out of respect for Tom Landry who once stated in Landry fashion that "they don't wear a different colored jersey in the games."

Sorry to read that McCorner is not having a good camp. I don't care about punts because unless 1/2 the skill guys go down he won't be asked to return those, but kicks and defense we need him for.

Thanks again Mikey! Detail is great, but I must admit your takes in Extra Points is my fav part. :worthy: Lil Donte has a lot to prove, I am most interested in watching him this pre-season in the new scheme.

Thanks! I also enjoy doing the Extra Points part. It's nice to highlight a few players and give my own opinion about them.

Great stuff as usual. Thanks.

I am concerned about McKelvin. This should be a break out year for him.

I am definitely concerned. I thought he was decent last year, but figured this would be the year he would shine. So far, he doesn't look that good.

Great report as usual Mike, Thanks

No problem. Glad you liked it.

Sounds like this Joique Bell is the real deal as well. Sure wish we had such an arsenal at our disposal at some other positions like we do at RB. And it appears that McKelvin's days as a Bill are numbered. Thanks again Mike for another well written & thorough report.

Glad you enjoyed it. Joique Bell is quickly becoming one of my favorites. He has breakaway speed and also has the power when he runs between the tackles too.

Mike, You are doing such a great job that when I finally get the SI deal sealed I will allow you to be the swim suit photographer. Of course since I am the boss I will take over once you snap a picture or two. It is called "ownership prerogative". If you can't accept the terms of your employment then you will be quickly dismissed. You can then take a photo job with Field and Stream and snap pictures of some good looking bass. :worthy:

That works for me. I'd love to be the official Swin Suit photographer. :D

Danke schoen, Mike!

Kirwan was wrong about Moats playing outside backer, wasn't he?

Although he was an edge player in college, I know that plan A was to play Moats at inside backer…unless Batten's injury has changed things.

Moats wasn't playing outside backer at the beginning of camp, he was getting a bunch of ILB, but since Batten's injury, I've noticed that they've been giving him more reps at OLB now. Either way, I like what i see.

Good job Mike.

I hope McKelvin does better or it looks like Florence will take his job, it might not be a bad thing since he held his own last year.

Florence will be a solid #2 CB. I'm fine with him. I just hope McKelvin wakes up soon. I really had high hopes for him.

I respect your ability to summarize the action and your takes at the end. I wonder if you would mind telling us how the guys in the trenches look to you one of these days? Thanks for your gift to us.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. In the last report, I watched the line drills and took some notes about how certain players looked in them. Meredith, Levitre were the main ones that i got excited about on the OL. The DL, Carrington and Stroud were beasts.... :worthy:

thanks once again mike! I look for your reports daily!

To me, mckelvin looked like a future super-star as a rookie, first play I saw him play corner

(about mid-season I think) he smacked the receiver so hard he fumbled, Mckelvin then falls on it. And the receiver was KO'd for a while! what a 1st play! do you remember that?

I thought he looked pretty shaky all preseason in 2009 (before the incident.)

anyway, he's a huge investment with, dare I say, deon like skills, catavalos has to fix him, send him to a shrink, hypnotize him or somethin' we need him....

wouldn't that be funny if whitner starts in the probowl this year? jauron falls in love with this guy, insists we pick him ahead of all this known talent, and then never uses him right.....highlarryus!

GO BILLS!