Mixed Feelings Regarding Schoebel

That Schobel is still contemplating his future tells me he intended to retire, but got the urge to play late in the game. In essence, he was gone from the Bills when he announced his retirement. The thing is, the longer he waits to join the Texans, the more behind he is in their defense. And his focus has been the Texans, so the Bills never had any leverage in trading him, because they knew they just had to wait it out. The question is, is it too late for them as well?

Does anybody else have mixed feelings about Schoebel? I certainly do, I know I'll be crucified on this board for not kneeling to his holiness and kissing the gound he walks on BUT....If he goes on to play for another team my opinion of him will surely deteriorate. Why not help out your life long team when they need you? Why switch teams at this point of your career? Where's the loyalty? It would be like me changing into a Redskins fan becasue I live closer to DC than Buffalo, and it's too hard on my family to travel to Buffalo to see them play. He jerked us along for the past two seasons

ala Brett Farve. I may retire, 90% retired, 70%-30% will play, I am a Bill, I may be a Texan, c'mon enough already. I am glad Nix said enoughs enough. You either want to be a Bill or you don't. If he goes on to play for another team then my opinion of him takes a serious hit.

Go ahead fire away!

I too have mixed feelings. I think we has a very good player and he often played with a poor cast. I can understand his wanting to play for a winning team and all that stuff. At the same time he was a very well paid for a long time and maybe he could have done more to help us win the a few games we needed to make the playoffs. He is the long standing member of the playoff drought og the 2000's. Not blaming him, just a fact.

He had a lot of sacks but lineman stats are not much use to me and really cannot be used to compare players from different eras. I would rank him high on the All Time Bills DE list but certainly behind players like Bruce Smith, Phil Hanson, Ron McDole and Ben Williams. He is not a Wall of Fame player IMO.

I wish him well and don't care were he plays anymore.

Does anybody else have mixed feelings about Schoebel? I certainly do, I know I'll be crucified on this board for not kneeling to his holiness and kissing the gound he walks on BUT....If he goes on to play for another team my opinion of him will surely deteriorate. Why not help out your life long team when they need you? Why switch teams at this point of your career? Where's the loyalty? It would be like me changing into a Redskins fan becasue I live closer to DC than Buffalo, and it's too hard on my family to travel to Buffalo to see them play. He jerked us along for the past two seasons

ala Brett Farve. I may retire, 90% retired, 70%-30% will play, I am a Bill, I may be a Texan, c'mon enough already. I am glad Nix said enoughs enough. You either want to be a Bill or you don't. If he goes on to play for another team then my opinion of him takes a serious hit.

Go ahead fire away!

I think it sucked that he didn't care enough to keep his team informed of what he was going to do. And pretending he might wanna show up at training camp "oh I'll take a couple of weeks". What a lame-ass attitude. Like the guy has no people skills.

I expect more from a guy like that. Pretty lame the way he handled himself, IMO.

Losing Schobel doesn't really make me feel like the Bills will be any worse this coming season. Might as well get guys like Maybin and Ellis ready, instead of playing a guy who doesn't want to be here, and only wants to play one more year. No hard feelings...actually, no feelings at all! I never really thought of Schobel as an elite, or even great player...just a good player, who doesn't really impact a game much. I know he has had some decent sack numbers...but this team has finished over .500 once during his whole career in Buffalo... nobody is untouchable, on this team, as far as I am concerned. When they finally turn this program around, I have a feeling a lot of the guys we are cheering for today, as Bills, will be gone. Let it begin...

at the end of the day the guy is a jerk. He signed a contract for alot of money and decided no to honor that contract. At the end of last year he should have asked for a trade or release, but to play this game is classless. If he retires, I take it all back, but if he plays, he represents the worst of professional athletes.