Kinda Schobel, kinda rules question

Virgil

Knowing he had no trade value and being on the hook for his contract, could the Bills not kept Schobel and fined him every day and kept his game checks? I don't think that money goes to the cap, but they still get it back don't they?

Isn't this the main reason players can't afford to sit out?

Knowing he had no trade value and being on the hook for his contract, could the Bills not kept Schobel and fined him every day and kept his game checks? I don't think that money goes to the cap, but they still get it back don't they?

I think if he shows up and passes his physical the Bills have to pay him whether he plays or not. As long as Schobel holds up his end of the deal; showing up ready to play, he's owed his money.

I think Nix is a smart man and this unexpected one-eighty sounds like a certain 92 year old owner getting involved.

PTR

you can force him to show up, you cant force him to be good as a LB though. if he says he is willing to come at the end of camp and wing it from there you can fine him for missed practice, but would be on the hook for the bonus when he showed up. if he is on the roster come opening day you are on the hook for the salary as well at that point.