One of the Steelers wonders if there is still an NFL team here

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he didn't say we didn't have a team here..he just questioned whether they actually played football. The answer to that question is to go out and get nine or more freaking wins THIS year.

Or we could say we're rebuilding and will start playing football in 2012.

Shefter's the one who threw the quote out there without naming the source. Can't blame the trash-talkin Steeler. He hit a nice slow pitch outta the park. Wish all football players were bright enough to do that. Wish all sports reporters were better than Shefter.

Believe it or not that is the common thought around the country with the exception of a percentage of Bills fans who remain hopeful (or delusional) year after year. Just this morning on ESPN Radio with Mike and Mike, Greenberg referred to the status of the Bills as "A Shame" because of the history and the great fans countrywide of the team, Golic said they were "Just trying to get off the ground" and John Clayton said "The Bills are on the Clock." I don't mind these quotes, because until the team and organization prove them wrong, their quotes are fairly accurate, and the only way to prove them wrong is to win, baby win! Clayton did say that the defense is better than you would expect but that there really isn't much of anything on offense, which at this point is pretty accurate also. The keys to this team improving in 2010 are many, but most importantly the quarterback and Offensive Line play have to improve dramatically.

C'mon guys. If you read his quotes he's mad that he drove all the way up to Pittsford and they canceled the morning practice. I'd throw a jab at somebody that wasted my time too.

Move along.

Nobody's wasting Shefter's time. The Bills don't consider AS into their planning and decision making. Maybe he thinks we're in such dire straits we should roll out the red carpet hoping for a good story form the mighty AS? I'm sure the Training Camp Gauntlet isn't any fun for him after about the second day. His stuff reads to me like he thinks he should take it out on someone and we're a good choice for victim. Maybe it brings in viewers to ESPN -- not sure how . . . Just seems petty to me.

C'mon guys. If you read his quotes he's mad that he drove all the way up to Pittsford and they canceled the morning practice. I'd throw a jab at somebody that wasted my time too.

Move along.

True story: One Steeler asked me where the Bus stopped next. Bills camp, I told him. His response: "They still play football there?"

about 8 hours ago via web

We're 30 miles from Pittsford, N.Y., and Bills camp -- and the team goes and cancels its morning practice. Disappointing.

So the Bills should run their team based on ESPN's schedule now? The same ESPN that is trying to get them moved with and endless negative drumbeat from hacks?

The Bills canceled a practice. They are not the first team or the last to do that but poor little Adam has to cry himself a river on twitter because it is all about him.