Training Camp Observations Tuesday 8/3

This was my first and last visit to camp this year. Some random observations from today's practice:

-Trent Edwards is by far our most accurate passer and it looks to me like the competition is over with

-Steve Johnson looks light years ahead of James Hardy

-The passing game is struggling because our line is terrible in pass protection, our QB's have mediocre arms, and our secondary is excellent

-Aaron Maybin is running with the second team, Chris Ellis and Torbor were with the first team

-Torell Troup was fantastic today. So was Kyle Williams. They both made plays in the goal line series, Troup is just bullrushing people (hangartner in particular) and Kyle is making plays in the backfield.

-Carrington is huge, did some nice things in one on one pass rush drill, didn't notice him during team

-Batten and Easley were among the non-participants

-McKelvin continues to struggle catching punts

-Freddy Jackson looks great

This was my first and last visit to camp this year. Some random observations from today's practice:

-Trent Edwards is by far our most accurate passer and it looks to me like the competition is over with

-Steve Johnson looks light years ahead of James Hardy

-The passing game is struggling because our line is terrible in pass protection, our QB's have mediocre arms, and our secondary is excellent

-Aaron Maybin is running with the second team, Chris Ellis and Torbor were with the first team

-Torell Troup was fantastic today. So was Kyle Williams. They both made plays in the goal line series, Troup is just bullrushing people (hangartner in particular) and Kyle is making plays in the backfield.

-Carrington is huge, did some nice things in one on one pass rush drill, didn't notice him during team

-Batten and Easley were among the non-participants

-McKelvin continues to struggle catching punts

-Freddy Jackson looks great

Hardy is having just as good of camp as any other WR is.........Including Johnson.