It seems like the Bills are saying the right things this offseason.

:ph34r: Let's get this out of the way now for the trolls. Yes, it doesn't mean the Bills will be winners. So now that I've made that point for you feel free to leave.

What are your favorite player and FO quotes since January?

''It's all business and no jacking around,'' defensive lineman Chris Kelsay said. ''They want to win. They want to win now.''

Link

Gailey said after the evening practice that he did not talk to the players about the altercation.

“That’s part of football,” he said. “You got passion about the game, it’s going to come out. Sometimes it comes out the wrong way.”

I love it! Choose your battles wisely. :lol:

“Stuff like that happens. No hard feelings,” Hangartner said. “And it’ll happen again with somebody else before this camp’s over with I promise you.

Their bringing an angry mentality to the field but are still teammates! :unsure:

“I think it’s a little bit less of a big deal than everybody makes it out to be, but it is what it is, it’s a physical game,” Maybin said. “Emotions are always going to be a little bit higher because you have pads on. So it is a little bit of a heightened emotional level.”

Maybin joked that he and Hangarner will likely continue “talking trash in the locker room.”

Once again it seems like a team atmosphere. :(

Guard Eric Wood profanely hollered at Stupar to “run him over.” A moment later, Wood used some choice language again, yelling in Maybin’s direction something to the effect of “give back some of that money you ain’t earned!”

Somebody had to say it to him! :thumbsup: Don't ask me for links but it's just a feeling I have that Maybin was lazy last year. I think Wood's comment may be based on watching Maybin last year. He seems the type to get disgusted with people who aren't working hard and pulling their weight.

“Yeah, tensions do rise,” Wood said. “It’s the game of football. I mean, Stroud yelled it, it’s football.”

And those are from the past three days! :thumbsup:

Link

When Chan Gailey first observed wide receiver James Hardy on the practice field a few months back, his impression mirrored the one that scores of Bills' fans have of the 2008 second-round draft pick.

"I thought at the start of OTAs that he was just average; that's exactly what I thought," Gailey said.

Gailey comes across to me a very honest guy with his players.

"I feel that I still have the talent to be a dominant receiver in this league," said Hardy, stating an opinion that was held by scouting director Tom Modrak and former coach Dick Jauron when they drafted him 41st overall.

"There's nothing that coach can say that could motivate me more than I'm motivating myself. It's an honor for him to see that I'm coming along, but at the same time, I'm self-motivated. I really don't need (anyone) to say anything or critics to critique me because I critique myself more than any possible human could do."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of good quotes so far this offseason.

Here's a recent one which I really liked, from the much-maligned Aaron Maybin ℅ Sal Maiorana and the D&C.

"It is what it is," Maybin said of the altercation, expressing no remorse for his action. "It's a physical game. I'm never one to shy away from the contact portion of the game. If there's nobody who's going to be willing to get the practice started, I'll start things off for us."

Good to see a little combativeness from Maybin.

This statement and Hangartner's

“Stuff like that happens. No hard feelings, and it’ll happen again with somebody else before this camp’s over with I promise you." are showing that the offense and defense are getting very competitive, and that there's some real rivalry developing.

The other recent quote which I really enjoyed was Buddy Nix's quote

from Sal Maiorana's interview with Buddy.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...S03/7290351/tbd

"The thing people want to know, more so than why we picked Spiller, is why we didn't pick a tackle or a quarterback. Picking a tackle that you don't feel good about being the answer, only satisfies people in the summer. Come October, if that ol' boy can't play, and is not what you've got to have there, then it doesn't satisfy anybody. I'm not trying to satisfy them in the summer."

I know I am not wanted here but I found a couple of quotes that appear to have validity.

Fred Jackson:

"For us to get respect, we have to go out and make the people respect us," Jackson said. "The only way to change that is to go out and win ball games."

Fred Smerlas:

"They make it very tough to root for," Smerlas said. "They bring in a coach no one really knows. When you're playing against (New England coach) Bill Belichick, who makes $10 million a year, I'm not putting Chan Gailey in there. I'm not putting a cat against a lion."

Noting that coach and quarterback are the most important positions to address for any team to be competitive, Smerlas added: "I have to have a game plan, and I need a guy smart enough to execute that game plan otherwise I'm dead. And they're just dead."

These aren't my quotes.

I know I am not wanted here but I found a couple of quotes that appear to have validity.

Fred Jackson:

"For us to get respect, we have to go out and make the people respect us," Jackson said. "The only way to change that is to go out and win ball games."

Fred Smerlas:

"They make it very tough to root for," Smerlas said. "They bring in a coach no one really knows. When you're playing against (New England coach) Bill Belichick, who makes $10 million a year, I'm not putting Chan Gailey in there. I'm not putting a cat against a lion."

Noting that coach and quarterback are the most important positions to address for any team to be competitive, Smerlas added: "I have to have a game plan, and I need a guy smart enough to execute that game plan otherwise I'm dead. And they're just dead."

These aren't my quotes.

I wouldn't say your not wanted here but you are a "glass is always half empty" guy. My take is that you are on the younger side and maybe have never seen a good Bills team. It is also vintage Bill's fan and Western New York thinking that nothing ever goes right. Well, that's not true and I think the team is poised for a turnaround. I like the the new FO and our new coach a lot better than "shoot from the lip" Freddy Smerlas. But your trolling can't be overly criticised until we win and show steady improvement. Then it's up to you to reflect that positive change in your thinking and writing. Just sayin'........

I wouldn't say your not wanted here but you are a "glass is always half empty" guy. My take is that you are on the younger side and maybe have never seen a good Bills team. It is also vintage Bill's fan and Western New York thinking that nothing ever goes right. Well, that's not true and I think the team is poised for a turnaround. I like the the new FO and our new coach a lot better than "shoot from the lip" Freddy Smerlas. But your trolling can't be overly criticised until we win and show steady improvement. Then it's up to you to reflect that positive change in your thinking and writing. Just sayin'........

Good post Green lightning. However, I am not young and I have been to many Bills games. I don't currently live in Buffalo and haven't for 15 years or so. I still have family back in Buffalo and try to go back at 1x a year. I will always go to a Bills game when I go home. I went to the Bills game when we "waxed" the Raiders in the 90's. I don't remember the exact score and I am too tired to look it up. It was like 50 to 10. I loved it!!!!

I just wish I could share in your viewpoint that things are turning around. I respect your viewpoint but with respect I disagree.

Or it is safe to say that the 7.9 posts a day that you post are all going to be negative.

Any one know how to block someone on this board? I am sick of reading crap from this guy and some other ppl.

go to the profile of the person you want to ignore like this (click on name in thread and view profile)

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showuser=13683

Click on profile options and click on ignore user

go to the bottom of the page and update ignored users

go to the profile of the person you want to ignore like this (click on name in thread and view profile)

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showuser=13683

Click on profile options and click on ignore user

go to the bottom of the page and update ignored users

Why ignore mpl? Let's make him our TSW project. As the Bill's improve and win it will be fun to see him turnaround his thinking and his posts. He obviously cares. He just needs a reason to believe. Change is coming and it's all good.

when i go to profile options and click it nothing happens at all.......

I also don't hate this MPL0000 guy just sick of every thread having a comment about how this or that is not going to work. It gets boring and isn't fun why do these trolls do it? It the goal if Trent/the Bills suck this year they will be able to say SEE I was right? I mean WTF, is that fun? I have less posts then him too (even though I have been here much longer), couldn't he just lurk and think his thoughts to himself?

I don't hate Hossage either but the guy is just out there when he talks about some stuff.

Maybe it is my browser? I use google's.....

They are taking the enjoyment out of this place for me.

Go Bills!!

:ph34r:Let's get this out of the way now for the trolls. Yes, it doesn't mean the Bills will be winners. So now that I've made that point for you feel free to leave.

What are your favorite player and FO quotes since January?

Fred Jackson:

Fred Smerlas:

These aren't my quotes.

The quotes in red seem to be an admission on your part that you are what we thought you were, a Cheatriots* Fan TROLL.

Why else would you interject Fred Frigging Smerlas' comments in a thread asking for comments from current BILLS players, coaches, and front office personnel?

Smerlas, as you every other proud member of the PatsFan.cheat board knows, is a Paid Bellicheat BALLWASHER. He makes his living hawking rancid steaks at a dog track and fluffing Bellicheat on WEEI, a radio station dedicated to the prospect that the head cheater of the Cheatriots* must be orally gratified twice daily. Smerlas fought his way to the top of the Bellicheat Ballwashing Society and is only truely happy when he is kneeling in front of his Cheating Master.

Some other fun facts about Fat Freddy "The Traitor" Smerlas that WEEI won't tell you.

Smerlas has spent the last 20 years bad-mouthing the Bills in general and Marv Levy in particular. Smerlas does get invited to "Bills Alumni" events but only shows when he is paid to and none of the other Bills Alumni will even speak to him while he is there.

Smerlas considered a run for congress from somewhere in WNY figuring that his status as a former Bill would give him a leg up in the race but he quickly dropped out when polling discovered that most people in WNY associate him with the Cheatriots and assume he regularly has gay sex with Bellicheat>

Smerlas bailed on the Bills before the SuperBowl years and took his fat ass to San Fran, where the Giants promptly beat the heavily favored 49ers, and earned the right to face the Bills in SB XXV. Steve DeOssie made Freddie his B word in that game and Smerlas has followed him around like a puppy ever since.

You claim to be a long time Bills fan but cannot remember the score of what may possibly be the crowning game of the super bowl era Bills? A game you claim to have attended? Yeah, Right! You're a Bills Fan! [/sarcasm]

Go away TROLL!

LOL above

in case you have the same problem with the options button thing you can go to the profile and block him in internet explorer (I never use it though), but I do see his original posts in this thread, so maybe it isn't going to work?

opps edit I blocked his messages to me 1st time now I ignore his posts that is better :ph34r:

Guest dog14787

Trent Edwards says and I quote, "Its all coming back to me now"

:ph34r: Maybe the multiple concussions/Jauron Era was worse on TE then anyone realized,

Seriously, the Trent Edwards of old is back and you can see the change, in his mechanics, TE's not staring down WR's, flipping through reads swiftly and efficiently and delivering the ball with good velocity and accuracy. This is in big part in my opinion to the confidence Chan Gailey has given TE in the type of offense he runs and a better understanding of how Gailey is setting up plays to trick the defense.

Protect Trent Edwards properly and the sky's the limits,

I Billieve...

"Competition is open, everywhere" from Gailey

Some players musth be thrilled about this, like Parrish or St. Johnson, and also means keep working because the moment you start slacking someone can take your job.

And please, don't feed the trolls!!!!

Trent Edwards says and I quote, "Its all coming back to me now"

:ph34r: Maybe the multiple concussions/Jauron Era was worse on TE then anyone realized,

Seriously, the Trent Edwards of old is back and you can see the change, in his mechanics, TE's not staring down WR's, flipping through reads swiftly and efficiently and delivering the ball with good velocity and accuracy. This is in big part in my opinion to the confidence Chan Gailey has given TE in the type of offense he runs and a better understanding of how Gailey is setting up plays to trick the defense.

Protect Trent Edwards properly and the sky's the limits,

I Billieve...

I couldn't agree more! Trent Edwards, prior to his anihilation in Arizona, had shown flashes of greatness. Having your brains scrambled like he did isn't a quick-fix. Don't be suprised if he has a good season this year pessimists.

The quotes in red seem to be an admission on your part that you are what we thought you were, a Cheatriots* Fan TROLL.

Why else would you interject Fred Frigging Smerlas' comments in a thread asking for comments from current BILLS players, coaches, and front office personnel?

Smerlas, as you every other proud member of the PatsFan.cheat board knows, is a Paid Bellicheat BALLWASHER. He makes his living hawking rancid steaks at a dog track and fluffing Bellicheat on WEEI, a radio station dedicated to the prospect that the head cheater of the Cheatriots* must be orally gratified twice daily. Smerlas fought his way to the top of the Bellicheat Ballwashing Society and is only truely happy when he is kneeling in front of his Cheating Master.

Some other fun facts about Fat Freddy "The Traitor" Smerlas that WEEI won't tell you.

Smerlas has spent the last 20 years bad-mouthing the Bills in general and Marv Levy in particular. Smerlas does get invited to "Bills Alumni" events but only shows when he is paid to and none of the other Bills Alumni will even speak to him while he is there.

Smerlas considered a run for congress from somewhere in WNY figuring that his status as a former Bill would give him a leg up in the race but he quickly dropped out when polling discovered that most people in WNY associate him with the Cheatriots and assume he regularly has gay sex with Bellicheat>

Smerlas bailed on the Bills before the SuperBowl years and took his fat ass to San Fran, where the Giants promptly beat the heavily favored 49ers, and earned the right to face the Bills in SB XXV. Steve DeOssie made Freddie his B word in that game and Smerlas has followed him around like a puppy ever since.

You claim to be a long time Bills fan but cannot remember the score of what may possibly be the crowning game of the super bowl era Bills? A game you claim to have attended? Yeah, Right! You're a Bills Fan! [/sarcasm]

Go away TROLL!

Your entitled to your opinion. Attacking my opinions are one thing but attacking me and my commitment to being a Bills fan is unwarranted and really uncalled for. If it makes for feel better have at it. No hard feelings here.

Why ignore mpl? Let's make him our TSW project. As the Bill's improve and win it will be fun to see him turnaround his thinking and his posts. He obviously cares. He just needs a reason to believe. Change is coming and it's all good.

Very appropriate post and I sure do hope good things are coming.

Posters here can put me on ignore if they wish. I have no issues with that. In fact, I would prefer to be ignored than to be attacked in a mean spirited way.