Here's my Training Camp Report from 7/29/10

As always, I try to share my Training Camp report with as much people as I can. I know you out of towners love it, so I figured I would keep it up. I just got done uploading my photos and writing my report. Here it is...

It's Here! The Buffalo Bills Training Camp is finally here! Although you couldn't tell that by looking at the stands. It seemed like a lot of fans stayed away and it definitely felt different from last year when Terrell Owens brought some excitement to St. John Fisher. The atmosphere was quiet and it was one of the smallest crowds in a while. Seems like the overall fan doesn't have anything to get excited about. It will be interesting to see how the night practice attendance is. There was one difference that was a positive though. For the first time in many years, the Bills came out onto the field on Day 1 wearing full pads. This was something new and it makes me excited about the rest of camp. Hopefully we go back to hearing the smacking of pads and the hard hitting, fast paced tempo we used to have before the Jauron Era.

The team started early today and went right to work. As I mentioned earlier, the players came out in full pads, so a main focus of today was running the ball. The Bills did that a lot and both Marshawn Lynch and Joique Bell drew a lot of applause as they showed their speed. One more thing that I noticed was different was just something minor, but still I decided to mark it down. Usually the players do their stretching together in one big team drill, but today they went to their individual groups and stretched out with their units. I thought it was interesting.

One thing that didn't change however was the amount of special teams work. Bobby April used to get a lot of time to practice different kick return and punt return drills and even field goals. If today is any indication, it looks like that will happen again. Rian Lindell practiced kicking off, while the players worked on their blocking assignments. Fred Jackson, Roscoe Parrish and Joique Bell were the main "returners" of the day, but they didn't do much running yet. The special teams also worked on some blocking drills for field goals before practicing with Lindell kicking them. Rian Lindell then got his chance to show us what he can do and he nailed all 7 of his field goals, starting at about 32 yards and ending at 49 yards. They all looked straight and his longest could have gone farther........

CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, I try to share my Training Camp report with as much people as I can. I know you out of towners love it, so I figured I would keep it up. I just got done uploading my photos and writing my report. Here it is...

CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

Thanks for the info as I am an out of town. If you could I would appreciate anymore of your viewpoints in the future. You sounded very genuine.

Thanks for the info as I am an out of town. If you could I would appreciate anymore of your viewpoints in the future. You sounded very genuine.

Thanks for your comments. I will do what I can. I work overnights, so this new camp schedule is going to be tough for me to do. But I will try to make it to as many practices as possible and write up reports to share.

Very nice, Mikie. You ROCK! Baby Boy. :flirt:

Awesome report -- thanks so much!

Interesting note about knee braces on all of the O-linemen.

Yeah. I noticed that a couple linemen were wearing them, then when I looked thru my photos I noticed it was on all the OL.

Fantastic job.

Thanks.

No problem! Glad you liked it.

Very nice, Mikie. You ROCK! Baby Boy. :flirt:

Thanks! :)

Thanks Mike! Well done! So glad camp is here...finally a little meat on our bones! Unlike Maybin....

lol...yup, unlike Maybin.

Any wildcat, Mike?

Nope, nothing on day 1.

Loved the read Mike...gr8 job! :flirt:

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Thanks for the report! It will be interesting to see what happens to Bell.

Agreed...I hope he does good on special teams so he can make the roster...but having him here makes it interesting as far as the rest. Between him, Jackson and of course Spiller...it may make Lynch expendable.

Thanks, These reports mean alot to us here in Atlanta.

No problem. Glad you liked it. :lol:

Yeah. I noticed that a couple linemen were wearing them, then when I looked thru my photos I noticed it was on all the OL.

Chris Brown now has a link to it on the Bills site as well -- they are mandatory during practice.

Thanks Mike...good to 'see' you again!

Appreciate the recap!

Love this one:

After the special teams drill, Rian Lindell and Brian Moorman lined up as wide receivers during an 11-on-11 running drill.

Can you say SUPERBOWL? :flirt:

Thanks Mike...good to 'see' you again!

Appreciate the recap!

Love this one:

Can you say SUPERBOWL? :flirt:

lol! This was also the first time I ever remember seeing Brian Moorman with a dark jersey on. He always wears the white, just like Lindell and the offense.