Trouble Brewing for Patriots?

As a simple example of what's been going on since the dawn of football. From a stealing other teams signals like the Pats did ...... teams cheat weekly out on the field when they try and steal the other teams calls, audibles, etc. Whether it be the players out on the field, the coaches on the sidelines, the scouts up in the stands. They all do it!

Further, if you don't believe every team has a steroid/HGH user in its midst then ...... what can I say.

By your logic, every player must use steriods/HGH. I think we can safely assume that isn't true. I think it's also safe to assume some teams are stricter about enforcing NFL drug policy than others.

Sorry, I'm simply not buying any claim that all teams cheat. I have seen no evidence to support that. Your claim sounds like an empty attempt to rationalize your team's unscrupulous behavior.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By your logic, every player must use steriods/HGH. I think we can safely assume that isn't true. I think it's also safe to assume some teams are stricter about enforcing NFL drug policy than others.

Sorry, I'm simply not buying any claim that all teams cheat. I have seen no evidence to support that. Your claim sounds like an empty attempt to rationalize your team's unscrupulous behavior.

I'm saying that every team has a player on it that uses ...... something illegal. Technically therefore they all cheat.

I believe the Pats got caught being too open about how they videotape opponents. Instead of doing the videotaping in close proximity of the opponent as they did they should have back tracked 20 yards like all other teams do instead :)

Videotaping opponents signals has been going on since the invention of video recorders.

I'm saying that every team has a player on it that uses ...... something illegal. Technically therefore they all cheat.

I believe the Pats got caught being too open about how they videotape opponents. Instead of doing the videotaping in close proximity of the opponent as they did they should have back tracked 20 yards like all other teams do instead :)

Videotaping opponents signals has been going on since the invention of video recorders.

Wow. So the moral decline of America has truly taken hold.

Care to provide any proof of all these oter teams and players cheating. It's one thing to say.. oh everyone does it; it's something entirely different to actually prove it. The league looks into everyone's drug use. So, why were the Pats* players found with HGH but not all these other players that so obviously do it too?

Also, there's a difference between trying to get another team's signals and systematically video taping them to break it down. Hence, there's a rule about video taping another team's sideline; but not for looking at another team's sideline. Let me make this easy: Trying to gain an edge is not necessarily cheating. However, breaking rules that are in writing is always cheating.

You can rationalize it till your heart's content; but the Pats* were caught red-handed breaking the rules of the league. That is cheating. Until you can point to hard evidence (i.e. something other than... we all know everyone does it) regarding other teams, then there's only one cheating team.

And yes, other player do take steroids and certainly other drugs. But, they're routinely tested and some are caught. To suggest the every player does it is, again, rationalization to make yourself feel better about your own players that are juicing up.

So, as Dean suggested, show some proof that every team and player is cheating. Otherwise, you're make a fairly sad statement about your own personal morals.

Wow. So the moral decline of America has truly taken hold.

Care to provide any proof of all these oter teams and players cheating. It's one thing to say.. oh everyone does it; it's something entirely different to actually prove it. The league looks into everyone's drug use. So, why were the Pats* players found with HGH but not all these other players that so obviously do it too?

Also, there's a difference between trying to get another team's signals and systematically video taping them to break it down. Hence, there's a rule about video taping another team's sideline; but not for looking at another team's sideline. Let me make this easy: Trying to gain an edge is not necessarily cheating. However, breaking rules that are in writing is always cheating.

You can rationalize it till your heart's content; but the Pats* were caught red-handed breaking the rules of the league. That is cheating. Until you can point to hard evidence (i.e. something other than... we all know everyone does it) regarding other teams, then there's only one cheating team.

And yes, other player do take steroids and certainly other drugs. But, they're routinely tested and some are caught. To suggest the every player does it is, again, rationalization to make yourself feel better about your own players that are juicing up.

So, as Dean suggested, show some proof that every team and player is cheating. Otherwise, you're make a fairly sad statement about your own personal morals.

To repeat .... I never said every player cheats by taking drugs. I said that every team employs (knowingly or unknowingly) at least a single player who takes drugs. Thus they are cheaters by extension.

The Pats got caught breaking a rule that prohibits videotaping of an opponents sideline at too close a distance. They now steal opponents signals like all the other teams do ..... at a distance that is deemed suitable to the league office. :)

To repeat .... I never said every player cheats by taking drugs. I said that every team employs (knowingly or unknowingly) at least a single player who takes drugs. Thus they are cheaters by extension.

The Pats got caught breaking a rule that prohibits videotaping of an opponents sideline at too close a distance. They now steal opponents signals like all the other teams do ..... at a distance that is deemed suitable to the league office. :)

Nice crawfish dance. Not every team has had players caught dealing HGH. And how can you say a team is cheating if a player, unbeknownst to the team, is using steriods. The team isn't cheating; the player is. So, no, not every team cheats. So, the players on the team got caught cheating; that's one issue.

But, then the team (caoches) got caught cheating as well. That's a separate issue.

Can you prove that every team has video cameras trained on the opposing team? Again, there's a big difference between trying to see what's going on across the field and actually video taping it. I suppose every team, sneaks a guy into their opponents practices to video tape their final walk throughs, as well? The Pats* did it, so I'm sure everyone does it right?

Nice crawfish dance. Not every team has had players caught dealing HGH. And how can you say a team is cheating if a player, unbeknownst to the team, is using steriods. The team isn't cheating; the player is. So, no, not every team cheats. So, the players on the team got caught cheating; that's one issue.

But, then the team (caoches) got caught cheating as well. That's a separate issue.

Can you prove that every team has video cameras trained on the opposing team? Again, there's a big difference between trying to see what's going on across the field and actually video taping it. I suppose every team, sneaks a guy into their opponents practices to video tape their final walk throughs, as well? The Pats* did it, so I'm sure everyone does it right?

If you don't think PEDs aren't rampant in the NFL (there's a very good reason there's no testing for HGH, you know), there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd be willing to sell you. Normal big men who aren't extremely obese don't regularly tip the scales at over 300 lbs. Prior to the mid-80s, none did; now they all do.

If you don't think PEDs aren't rampant in the NFL (there's a very good reason there's no testing for HGH, you know), there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd be willing to sell you. Normal big men who aren't extremely obese don't regularly tip the scales at over 300 lbs. Prior to the mid-80s, none did; now they all do.

Certainly, there's alot of PED's in the NFL. But, what I'm suggesting is that the Pats* have been cuaght with it. And you can't just say.. oh well, everyone does it so its ok. Would you be happy if a Bill tested positive? I wouldn't.

Not that any of the Bills are juicing... I mean have you seen our roster? :) If those guys are juicing, they can't even take steroids right!

But that doesn't even come close to what the Pats* really did, as a team, to cheat. Which was my more important point. Players will take drugs, but that doesn't mean the team condones it. However, when the team systematically tapes games and practices with the intent of stealing signals and circumvents NFL rules specifically put in place; that's a team cheating and far more serious than a player doing something on his own, IMO.

Getting back to the original topic (because we all know already that the Patsies* cheat and that filming practices is A MUCH WORSE TRANSGRESSION than just a few players taking PEDs, which every team has)

more bad news for the Patsies*:

Last year's 2nd round pick NT Ron Brace still has not passed his conditioning test (a la Albert Haynesworth) and has now missed 13 straight practices.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...t-haynesworths/

Also see what's going on with former Charger NT Jamaal Williams in Denver. Hint: Pretty much the same story. Lots of Bills fans wanted us to make a play for Williams, too as we needed a NT for our new 3-4.

Instead the Bills drafted a 320 pound defensive tackle who started running to get his weight down from 350 pounds.

Certainly, there's alot of PED's in the NFL. But, what I'm suggesting is that the Pats* have been cuaght with it. And you can't just say.. oh well, everyone does it so its ok. Would you be happy if a Bill tested positive? I wouldn't.

Not that any of the Bills are juicing... I mean have you seen our roster? :D If those guys are juicing, they can't even take steroids right!

But that doesn't even come close to what the Pats* really did, as a team, to cheat. Which was my more important point. Players will take drugs, but that doesn't mean the team condones it. However, when the team systematically tapes games and practices with the intent of stealing signals and circumvents NFL rules specifically put in place; that's a team cheating and far more serious than a player doing something on his own, IMO.

I'm certain some players on every team cheat. The relevant question is; do teams facilitate that cheating or work to protect against it? If all teams ignore cheating players, then I would agree all teams cheat. I'm still waiting for any evidence all teams cheat.

Getting back to the original topic (because we all know already that the Patsies* cheat and that filming practices is A MUCH WORSE TRANSGRESSION than just a few players taking PEDs, which every team has)

more bad news for the Patsies*:

Last year's 2nd round pick NT Ron Brace still has not passed his conditioning test (a la Albert Haynesworth) and has now missed 13 straight practices.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...t-haynesworths/

Also see what's going on with former Charger NT Jamaal Williams in Denver. Hint: Pretty much the same story. Lots of Bills fans wanted us to make a play for Williams, too as we needed a NT for our new 3-4.

Instead the Bills drafted a 320 pound defensive tackle who started running to get his weight down from 350 pounds.

Any bad new for the Pats* is good news, and this just increases suspicion of the organization.

I think my bottom line is:

FU#K the Pats*! They are convicted cheaters who suffered minimal consequences for their actions.