favorite not best Bill players ever

bowery4

Agree with many of the names here. The Bills have had probably 2000 players or more wear the uniform. It's hard to say.

So as to not repeat names already mentioned, I loved Tony Greene. For a few years he was Robert James' running mate at CB before being shifted to free safety because of his amazing athleticism…think Darrell Green before Darrell Green.

Lots of love for Bryce Paup here…I'll go with Chris Spielman who also had a short but sweet stint with the Bills after starring with another team for many years. Great player, great person, made every team he played for better and brought credibility and class to everything he was associated with, including the Buffalo Bills.

Earl Edwards, #73 was an outstanding pass rusher who history has pretty much forgotten. Big rangy and violent and used the head slap as his primary weapon before it was outlawed.

I liked many players from the Chuck Knox Bills. Too many to mention.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

terrence mcghee, maybe the most exciting player we have from the second he got here. lee evans is a beast and if he had a no. 1 quarter back, he be hof someday. aaron schoebel, rock on defense, cant believe hes retiring. henry, he fumbled alot, but was very exciting and a good player. i was real angry when we let him go for mcgahee. greer was awesome, i dont know why we didnt sign him. pretty much anyone thats been on our defense in recent years i liked. our defense is always respectable.

Some great names through this thread. If I do it in two groups of three (tough to do) arguably among the best and others here is my list:

Perhaps these guys are among "the best" group:

Darryl Talley

Fred Smerlas

Steve Tasker

Others:

Reggie McKenzie

Bob Chandler

Jim Braxton

Darryl Talley, no question.

Ultimate lunch pail blue collar type of player, did his job behind Bruce Smith who got all the glory while Talley made all the tackles.

He is the Bills' all-time leading tackler with 1,137, and also recorded 38.5 sacks, 12 interceptions for 189 return yards and 2 touchdowns, and 14 fumble recoveries for 76 return yards. He averaged 120 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 6.2 takeaways per season and his mark of 188 regular season games played ranks fifth-most in team history.

He NEVER missed a game in his 12 year career with the Bills :flirt:

Very good choice.