Mike Williams

frogger

Tommie Frazier is the only one that rings a bell.

It effectively ended his career, as he wasn't drafted.

Then again, one could adequately make the point that if he didn't get the clot, he still wouldn't have been drafted. Nebraska's Option/Wishbone QB didn't fly in the NFL then, nor has it with Frazier's successors at the position there. If he had played a decade later when Wildcat came around....

Like many others, I wasn't a fan of his time here but I wish MW good health.

Mike Williams, former Buffalo Bill, will miss the entire 2010 season because of blood clots. Anyone ever heard of this happening to other athletes where they miss time?

Clots are no joke. I know Phil Harris from Deadliest Catch had one that nearly killed him a few seasons ago. Wouldn't be surprised if it in some way contributed to is untimely death (along with his smoking).

Get well soon Mike Williams

Clots are no joke. I know Phil Harris from Deadliest Catch had one that nearly killed him a few seasons ago. Wouldn't be surprised if it in some way contributed to is untimely death (along with his smoking).

Get well soon Mike Williams

+1

Former ECW & TNA wrestler Chris Candido died from a blood clot after ankle surgery. I hope Mike gets better.

Tommie Frazier is the only one that rings a bell.

It effectively ended his career, as he wasn't drafted.

Then again, one could adequately make the point that if he didn't get the clot, he still wouldn't have been drafted. Nebraska's Option/Wishbone QB didn't fly in the NFL then, nor has it with Frazier's successors at the position there. If he had played a decade later when Wildcat came around....

Like many others, I wasn't a fan of his time here but I wish MW good health.

I love that avatar.

Technical term is called a pulmonary embolism. It is the 5th leading cause of death in US. Treatment involves warfarin(blood thinner) for 6-12 months making contact sports impossible.

Actually, that is defined as a clot that has reached the lungs. When it has progressed there, it is often a fatal condition.

David Bloom of NBC News died of one in the early days of Gulf War 2, for instance.