Better, worse, or the same?

nicde analysis. I think there is agreement that there is no overall huge better except possibly for running back and no huge worse other than wide receiver. At quarterback and offensive line the same means a bottom of the league designation. One of the QB's had better shape up and Wang and Green had better pay off. If those things happen we will probably have a very positive and surprising turn around.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are selling Chan Gailey short. He may not be proven to be one of the elite coaches (yet anyway) but he is a better than average coach. I would say he is good or solid. Jauron was below average and seemed fairly inept. I think there is a night and day difference between Chan and Dick. Some of the comments I have heard from players reinforce this. They say that Chan is very good at in game adjustments (Dick doesn't seem to know that this is allowed), He is said to be a fundamentalist and has brought much needed discipline to the team. The QBs all say how great it is that Chan knows how to set up plays with other plays (implying Dick didn't do that). Chan also has a reputation for adjusting his schemes to fit the talent while Dick forces the players into his ill conceived schemes. Chan is known for getting the most out of his players (especially QBs). The bottom line is this: Despite all the negative opinions, the Bills have plenty of talent on their roster. Dick just didn't know how to take advantage of what he had (except with DBs). Chan is also not afraid to let rookies play. The Bills have been one of the youngest teams over the past few seasons. A lot of those players are just coming into their own this season. Don't be shocked when a lot of the guys that you all have been pissing on turn into decent if not exceptional football players this year. Particularly on the OL. This team is full of potential. That said, anything above 8-8 would be a big surprise and probably too much to hope for, but anything below 6-10 would be a big disappointment. You should get real, you can't take 3 years to build a team in this era of football.

I think you guys are selling Chan Gailey short. He may not be proven to be one of the elite coaches (yet anyway) but he is a better than average coach. I would say he is good or solid. Jauron was below average and seemed fairly inept. I think there is a night and day difference between Chan and Dick. Some of the comments I have heard from players reinforce this. They say that Chan is very good at in game adjustments (Dick doesn't seem to know that this is allowed), He is said to be a fundamentalist and has brought much needed discipline to the team. The QBs all say how great it is that Chan knows how to set up plays with other plays (implying Dick didn't do that). Chan also has a reputation for adjusting his schemes to fit the talent while Dick forces the players into his ill conceived schemes. Chan is known for getting the most out of his players (especially QBs). The bottom line is this: Despite all the negative opinions, the Bills have plenty of talent on their roster. Dick just didn't know how to take advantage of what he had (except with DBs). Chan is also not afraid to let rookies play. The Bills have been one of the youngest teams over the past few seasons. A lot of those players are just coming into their own this season. Don't be shocked when a lot of the guys that you all have been pissing on turn into decent if not exceptional football players this year. Particularly on the OL. This team is full of potential. That said, anything above 8-8 would be a big surprise and probably too much to hope for, but anything below 6-10 would be a big disappointment. You should get real, you can't take 3 years to build a team in this era of football.

I think the main item to look at here is the fact that Dick Jauron is no longer the coach. Plain and Simple. This alone is a huge upgrade over anything we have had since Wade stumbled the sidelines looking for the hot dog vendor.

That being said, the talent level across the board gets an automatic upgrade also. Dicky was such an inept coach that the true evaluation of the talent of this team could never be realized. Hell, even Lil Donte might even showcase some hidden talent that was restricted under the DJ era.

If the Jauron led Bills can win 6 games last year with what consisted of a UFL roster, I am sure that Chan and Co. can squeeze out at least 8 wins with the hidden talent that is there and the far superior coaching that he brings over the in-way-over-his-head Jauron.

QB is definitely the same but the OL has to improve some just by going through OTAs and camp as a single unit. I mean really, can you be any worse at OL than last year, picking up anyone you can find and starting them the following week?

I would argue that any improvement in the OL would automatically mean improvement at QB. I'm no Trent fanboy, but I'd like to see what he could do with a few extra seconds to remain upright.

I think the main item to look at here is the fact that Dick Jauron is no longer the coach. Plain and Simple. This alone is a huge upgrade over anything we have had since Wade stumbled the sidelines looking for the hot dog vendor.

That being said, the talent level across the board gets an automatic upgrade also. Dicky was such an inept coach that the true evaluation of the talent of this team could never be realized. Hell, even Lil Donte might even showcase some hidden talent that was restricted under the DJ era.

If the Jauron led Bills can win 6 games last year with what consisted of a UFL roster, I am sure that Chan and Co. can squeeze out at least 8 wins with the hidden talent that is there and the far superior coaching that he brings over the in-way-over-his-head Jauron.

If Jauron were such a bad coach...and our team is as good as last year...and most of the folks have recovered from their injuries...and we had such a wonderful move in drafting Spiller....why on earth wouldn't we AT LEAST expect us to win two or more games more than we won last year? Why? Because we look at Nix an Gailey and what they've done to date and see the word "LOSER" tatooed on that package. Five wins...FIVE wins...now is THAT the mark of success?

If they are any good, and I suspect they are good at game day football (but pretty bad at recognizing where they need help and going out and getting it.) they might end up between five and nine wins. Staying in that envelope might justify keeping them around another year.

Really? I don't even know who is going to be our starting d-line.

our draft pick ups fit our new d. i think...

honestly have you seen the movie "family man" with nicholas cage.

well that's me. i dont have time to figure stats and stuff. i like reading stats though.

once preseason starts i will be able to tell you who is good and who sucks.

right now the first two names that come to mind that really suck, have no confidence, and dont deserve to be a bill are TRENT EDWARDS AND KELSAY.

Why? Because we look at Nix an Gailey and what they've done to date and see the word "LOSER" tatooed on that package. Five wins...FIVE wins...now is THAT the mark of success?

I have no idea what you are referring to. Five wins? When? This year? Last year? Also you need to point out where "loser" is tattooed. I'm not seeing it unless by "loser" you mean not someone the media slobbers over.

PTR