Barry Bonds admits to using clear

millbank

Barry Bonds told a federal grand jury that he used a clear substance and a cream supplied by the Burlingame laboratory now enmeshed in a sports doping scandal, but he said he never thought they were steroids, The Chronicle has learned.

Federal prosecutors charge that the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative, known as BALCO, distributed undetectable steroids to elite athletes in the form of a clear substance that was taken orally and a cream that was rubbed onto the body.

Bonds testified that he received and used clear and cream substances from his personal strength trainer, Greg Anderson, during the 2003 baseball season but was told they were the nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a rubbing balm for arthritis, according to a transcript of his testimony reviewed by The Chronicle.

During the three-hour proceeding, two prosecutors presented Bonds with documents that allegedly detailed his use of a long list of drugs: human growth hormone, Depo-Testosterone, undetectable steroids known as "the cream" and "the clear," insulin and Clomid, a drug for female infertility sometimes used to enhance the effect of testosterone.

Bonds

ok. asterisk next to home run record

143691[/snapback]

What about Mcguire? Sosa? Hell you could not cheat worse then Sosa- Roids AND a corked bat. Luis Gonzales? I mean its so obvious Gonzales did the roids- check his stat line-26 HR 1999, 31 HR 2000, 57 HR 2001, 28 HR 2002, 26 HR 2003. What year do you think he did roids? Brady Andersons HR yearly totals- 13-12-16-50-18-18. Um do you think he might of done roids when his HR total went up by 300% one year? The top 6 all time HR single season leaders were all juiced up. ********* Funny Maris gets an asterik for setting the record in a 162 game season. Baseball is a joke. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Players union.

What about Mcguire?  Sosa?  Hell you could not cheat worse then Sosa- Roids AND a corked bat.  Luis Gonzales?  I mean its so obvious Gonzales did the roids- check his stat line-26 HR 1999, 31 HR 2000, 57 HR 2001, 28 HR 2002, 26 HR 2003.  What year do you think he did roids?  Brady Andersons HR yearly totals- 13-12-16-50-18-18.  Um do you think he might of done roids when his HR total went up by 300% one year?  The top 6 all time HR single season leaders were all juiced up.  *********  Funny Maris gets an asterik for setting the record in a 162 game season.  Baseball is a joke.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Players union.

143698[/snapback]

i am not disagreeing with you by any means. The MLBPA is way too strong as it allows the big market teams to completely dominate the free agency market. It also has the weakest list of banned substances for most likely any professional sport on this planet. As a Division 3 athlete, the list of illegal substances is lengthier for me (figures a bunch of kids w/o scholarships under more rules than MLB players). With McGwire, I'll acknowledge that he did not take an illegal substance at the time and admitted the fact rather than covering it up. Also, he was always a power hitter as he jacked 49 homers in his rookie year. Bonds was more of a 5 tool player that was not as much of a power threat (still hit 40 consistently), and lot leaner too.

it is appalling that baseball did not do anything about this 20 years ago.

Bye Bye baseball. Welcome to the PR nightmare for the ages. Drug policy ? How do they miss this kind of mega-strong designer drug all these years ? The Players Association might as well give their answer using puppets.

"Unknowingly Used" . Nice try, Bonds. He's just one of hundreds, little doubt.

The Ford Frick asterisk now returns with a vengence. The home run record, the biggest record in all sports, is now a complete joke. Attention will switch to guys like Sosa, MaGuire and others who achieved big HR totals.

" Take me out to the Roid game.." Come on Jimmy, sing it ! Cheating is AOK ! :doh:

Barry Bonds told a federal grand jury that he used a clear substance and a cream supplied by the Burlingame laboratory now enmeshed in a sports doping scandal, but he said he never thought they were steroids, The Chronicle has learned.

Federal prosecutors charge that the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative, known as BALCO, distributed undetectable steroids to elite athletes in the form of a clear substance that was taken orally and a cream that was rubbed onto the body.

Bonds testified that he received and used clear and cream substances from his personal strength trainer, Greg Anderson, during the 2003 baseball season but was told they were the nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a rubbing balm for arthritis, according to a transcript of his testimony reviewed by The Chronicle.

During the three-hour proceeding, two prosecutors presented Bonds with documents that allegedly detailed his use of a long list of drugs: human growth hormone, Depo-Testosterone, undetectable steroids known as "the cream" and "the clear," insulin and Clomid, a drug for female infertility sometimes used to enhance the effect of testosterone.

Bonds

143680[/snapback]

Yeah, whatever

Barry didn't know what he was taking? Pull the other one.

Some teams have payrolls higher than the GNP of some countries and now it's been confirmed what we knew all along, the players are juicing up. 

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: baseball.

143780[/snapback]

Im sure you were saying that when the SMALL market Marlins won the World Series too, or was baseball OK then because you got the result you wanted????

Im sure you were saying that when the SMALL market Marlins won the World Series too, or was baseball OK then because you got the result you wanted????

143952[/snapback]

The exception to the rule does not disprove the rule.

And no, baseball sucked then too. But keep supporting it because YOUR team spends so friggin much for a team full of All-Stars.

The exception to the rule does not disprove the rule.

And no, baseball sucked then too. But keep supporting it because YOUR team spends so friggin much for a team full of All-Stars.

144002[/snapback]

So maybe the 2002 Angels are another good example?

It can happen. Thats the bottom line.

Fans dont like seeing homeruns that just clear the wall......idiots out there tend to use the word entertain- they no longer go to view the sport for the sake of the sport.

We need to send that type of fan somewhere far away, they do not belong here. They push up the $$$ for players, and make it worthwhile for them to take the steroids.

Let those fans go find their entertainment at a Brittney Spears concert....somewhere on an isolated island, away from the real world which scares them so much