Cycling fans

bartshan-83

Because his chain fell off and Contador "didn't see him?" :ph34r:

You speak all this etiquette, but Contador seemed to violate it just as bad by not paying attention.

What gives? I don't buy all this etiquette stuff on one side of the mouth while the other side is giving some guys a free pass.

Contador PASSED him... He had to know that something was wrong mechanically.

Etiquette smeditquette. Such a double standard!

Gotta admit, Schleck was a "good soldier" about all this... Will that buy him some "favor"... :lol:

You either play to win all the time and throw etiquette out the window... Or totally honor the etiquette and go back and right this wrong. There is no middle road.

And this is why Americans are not liked around the world. Like Armstrong we don't play for etiquette we play to win.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is why Americans are not liked around the world. Like Armstrong we don't play for etiquette we play to win.

:ph34r::lol: I totally agree with your point. Lance breaks etiquette and he is bombed for it. Contador does and gets a free pass. Why is the Sesame Street (no need to rip me Chef: :D ) song: "One of these fellows is not like the others" going through my head? Hmmm... Lance is American NOT European... Yep that must be it.

Olivier, isn't this double standard obvious to see?

:blink::worthy: I totally agree with your point. Lance breaks etiquette and he is bombed for it. Contador does and gets a free pass. Why is the Sesame Street (no need to rip me Chef: ;) ) song: "One of these fellows is not like the others" going through my head? Hmmm... Lance is American NOT European... Yep that must be it.

Olivier, isn't this double standard obvious to see?

The Contador attack in the mountain has been debated a lot by the media...some said it was a breach to the "etiquette" some said it was not. i do not know i did not see it live.

I'm no big fan of Contador. And he did not do anything to look better during that Tour. A cold effective rider like Indurain or Armstrong . I prefer more "panache" the way Delgado, Lemond, Roche, Herrera, Mottet or Pantani did. More than the doping , it's the lack of such riders in today's cycling that has lowered my interest in the Tour those last years... Maybe Schleck will change that. He looks like an old fashion fun rider.