This guy's about to finish walking the length of the Amazon.

Don't know if you guys will care, so I put the main idea in the headline, but I've been following this guy's blog for a year now.

He has been walking the length of the Amazon River for two and a half years now (844 days), and will finish in about two weeks. Nobody's ever done this before, nobody's ever even tried. It's been inspiring and amazing checking out his adventures and watching him simply keep going and going and going, even when you didn't see how.

He's had encounters with more than a hundred poisonous snakes, lots of caimans, but the most difficult problems have been starvation when he couldn't find villages that were on maps but not actually there, and unfriendly natives who'd had nothing but bad experiences with outsiders threatened to kill him. He's removed living botflies from his body about eight times, lost a tooth without a dentist and there's video on the front page of his site of him extracting fluid from a big swelling on his elbow by himself and filming the whole process.

Amazing also is the way he has put video and blog posts on the net consistently from some of the wildest locations on earth. The internet has made it possible to follow his journey in a way that just wasn't possible in the past.

To me, amazing stuff, and he's close to the end. I hope some of you might be interested.

http://www.walkingtheamazon.com/

Sweet nipples.

EDIT: having read some of this guy's blog, I am shocked at his naivety. But then again, I say this while scratching my ass in a recliner while he treks across unknown jungle.

I do believe This guy may have our Tarzan beat. Is this a better achievement than that of Matrin Strel, who swam across the Amazon?

pfft....i already did it...i just didn't make a big deal out of it

Don't know if you guys will care, so I put the main idea in the headline, but I've been following this guy's blog for a year now.

He has been walking the length of the Amazon River for two and a half years now (844 days), and will finish in about two weeks. Nobody's ever done this before, nobody's ever even tried. It's been inspiring and amazing checking out his adventures and watching him simply keep going and going and going, even when you didn't see how.

He's had encounters with more than a hundred poisonous snakes, lots of caimans, but the most difficult problems have been starvation when he couldn't find villages that were on maps but not actually there, and unfriendly natives who'd had nothing but bad experiences with outsiders threatened to kill him. He's removed living botflies from his body about eight times, lost a tooth without a dentist and there's video on the front page of his site of him extracting fluid from a big swelling on his elbow by himself and filming the whole process.

Amazing also is the way he has put video and blog posts on the net consistently from some of the wildest locations on earth. The internet has made it possible to follow his journey in a way that just wasn't possible in the past.

To me, amazing stuff, and he's close to the end. I hope some of you might be interested.

pfft....i already did it...i just didn't make a big deal out of it

You too? Except that pussies like you and that other guy walked it. Big deal. I swam the entire length of the Amazon, doing the butterfly stroke no less! Yeah, that's the ticket.

I can almost see this guy portrayed by Homer Simpson, just about to cross the line, joyfully exclaiming, " I did it, I did it", only to have a vicious croc drag him under with a death roll. DOH!

Thanks Thurman - just tweeted about this. Amazing!!

Sounds almost as challenging as being a Bills fan. :cry:

in a somewhat related topic, I am planning on starting my own website. It will be called mikethemillionaire.com.

The premise of the site is to get 1 million people to donate $1 to me, Mike, to make me a millionaire. I will try to make it as interactive as possilbe and post updates and videos about what I can do with the money. Anyone willing to donate?

in a somewhat related topic, I am planning on starting my own website. It will be called mikethemillionaire.com.

The premise of the site is to get 1 million people to donate $1 to me, Mike, to make me a millionaire. I will try to make it as interactive as possilbe and post updates and videos about what I can do with the money. Anyone willing to donate?

I'll sell your domain name back to you for $100. :cry:

You too? Except that pussies like you and that other guy walked it. Big deal. I swam the entire length of the Amazon, doing the butterfly stroke no less! Yeah, that's the ticket.

I did the doggie paddle.

I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and pissed more blood and stomped more ass that all of you numbnuts put together.

Quiff? From Urban Dictionary....

Quiff in Brooklyn in the 1960's meant a homsexual or effeminate man.

I prefer women myself.

Not as cool as Martin Strel....SWAM the Mississippi, the Danube, Paraná and the Yangtze and the Amazon