Offensive line is not a mystery

It really should not be a mystery why our offensive line stinks. We need talented players (not just McNally). Donahoe wants to keep himself in the spotlight at all costs. Instead of drafting lineman or building from free agency he makes moves that will keep himself in the forefront. McGayhee, the trade this year for JP... moves made to enhance his image. Same with Bledsoe and Milloy; seemed like good moves but I feel that a lot of the press coverage with these deals focused on the great Donahoe.

He is always available to the press when these moves are made but is unavailable or an arrogant jerk anytime things are not working well and he is questioned.

So many great teams spend the quiet work of building an offensive line and it pays off in the long run.

Why haven't we... one answer... not enough recognition for the king of ego. Blockbuster, controversial moves, and publicity for him... that is what is important to him,

Why out of Pittsburgh? Battle of egos. I really would prefer a low profile, team orientated general manager... not thie egomaniac (who appears to be wrong more than right).

Hey Toledo Bill, I appreciate your opinion, but are you listening to yourself? You are blaming poor O-line play on the GM's ego?? Could it be that the individuals on the O-line are to blame? Or the O-line coach? Or the offensive coordinator? or the coach?

Good teams don't necessarily have O-lines filled with first rounders.

I am hoping that this O-line simply needs a little time to gel.

I really really wish that all the people on this board who pretend to be film-studying O-Line experts would compare what TD has done in searching for O-Line help (some in the draft, some through trades, some through FA, some through waiver pick-ups) to how other teams, good and bad, have done it. What you would see is that there is no magic formula, nor is there any proof that TD has "ignored" the O-Line. What one will see is that several moves have not panned out. It happens. Even to Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Belichek, etc. etc.

Criticize the record, but let's get off the "TD's ego is the problem" stevestojan. That is as idiotic as the occasional spate of "TD is the Manchurian Candidate sent to dismantle the Bills so they move to LA" posts.

Bring back Kris Ferris!  Another Donahoe flunkie!

10694[/snapback]

I am not sure it is TD's ego involved here, but it is clear that it is not coaching. Now that we are on our third o-line coach in three years it seems to me it is about talent and the lack of development thereof. If you can criticize TD regarding the o-line it would be for overestimating the talent of his draft picks. I am not sure if that is ego or an example of poor talent evaluation.

If you can criticize TD regarding the o-line it would be for overestimating the talent of his draft picks. 

10732[/snapback]

BINGO

I know I've been harping on this for 4 years, but Donohoe took Marques Sullivan in the 5th round in his first draft with the Bills instead of Mike McMahon, who wold have been a terrific backup QB.

Sullivan is a waste. Mike Williams was overrated. I don't care how good McNally is as an O-line coach, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken doo doo.