Famous, or Infamous Quotes From Past Bills Coaches

"He's got a great work ethnic" - Hank B.

"This team, right now, could win the Superbowl" - Airhorn Williams

"Gonna get it done. Gonna get it done. What's more, ya gotta get it done" - Lou Saban

Lou Saban, at halftime after a lackluster first half performance, gave a rousing halftime talk that rallied the team to victory. I don't know the exact words he said because he gave the speech in Chinese. The players all cracked up. I don't think anyone in the NFL has ever come close to being this creative. In WWII he was an Army interpreter.

Quick check and came up with a good Chuck Knox quote that applies to Buddy and Chan:

“Always have a plan, and believe in it. Nothing happens by accident.”

Wasn't it Lou Sabin who came up with the 'Half a loaf is better than none" quote? Maybe a game against Denver?

Lou Saban said it all right although he was then coaching the Broncos at the time. His nickname in Denver then became "Half-Loaf Lou..."

I'd still like to know who Whitey was.

Apparently that quote came from Lou's time as HC of the Broncos, not the Bills. Whitey was Bill "Whitey" Dovell, their O-Line coach at the time.

Funny thing - if you Google "They're killing me, Whitey", this very thread is listed on page 2 of the results :w00t:

"Where else would you rather be than right here, RIGHT NOW??!!"

"Look it up, Thurman"

"We can get it done, we can get it done, what's more...we GOTTA get it done"

Gotta go w/ "where else would you rather be than right here right now". Brings you back to 80k plus at Rich stadium and PLAYOFF games! that's where I would rather be

Funny thing - if you Google "They're killing me, Whitey", this very thread is listed on page 2 of the results :D

Ha! So, in other words, 'we can get it done, we can get it done! What's more, we GOTTA get it done!' :w00t:

When it's too tough for them, It's just right for us! ML

Hank Bullough was priceless. One night I almost fell out of my chair watching WBEN when Hank explaining his process of improving the team said in conclusion "if we stick with it, the L's and W's will come".

"I am announcing today that I am relieving Dick Jauron from his duties as our head coach, effective immediately," -- Ralph Wilson

"I'm still a little bit surprised it (Jauron's firing) took place at this juncture,"-- Marv Levy

"I really don't have anything to say," --Dick Jauron, when reached on his cell phone by The Associated Press.