Flutie Flakes

There is not much to talk about sooooo.... last night I was watching ELR and I saw on the set at the top of the fridge they had a box of flutie flakes... I thought it was funny cuz I never noticed this... I googled it and it was also on the set of dawsons creek the father had it for breakfast a good bit.

Anyways just thought I'd post this useless info...

Thanks.

Go Bills LES THAN 3 WEEKS FOR PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!!

One of the most classless acts in all of sports history that I recall was after the Dolphins beat us in that thrilling playoff game, when Jimmy Johnson produced a box of Flutie Flakes and stomped on it in the locker room, encouraging his players to do the same.

Totally classless person and an immensely tacky human being.

As Johnson and everyone knows and knew, profits from the sales of Flutie Flakes go towards Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, created in honor of Flutie's autistic son. The goal of the foundation is to create awareness of, and a cure for autism.

One of the most classless acts in all of sports history that I recall was after the Dolphins beat us in that thrilling playoff game, when Jimmy Johnson produced a box of Flutie Flakes and stomped on it in the locker room, encouraging his players to do the same.

As Johnson and everyone knows and knew, profits from the sales of Flutie Flakes go towards Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, created in honor of Flutie's autistic son. The goal of the foundation is to create awareness of, and a cure for autism.

Johnson is an !@#$.

[b]?[/b]

Yeah, but who cares. It's stupid to do what he did but it's pretty stupid to get all bent out of shape about it too. He or someone associated with the Dolphins paid for that box of Flutie flakes so he can do whatever he wants with it and Flutie's foundation still got the money. Unless he encouraged people to go into super markets, take the boxes down off the shelf and stomp them so they can't be bought then I really think it's people making a big deal out of a pretty insignificant gesture.

Flutie also could have not fumbled to the end the game that day. Then Johnson probably wouldn't have stepped on some cereal.

It's ok. Nowadays he can't squash anything without ExTenze.

Well, JJ is a complete A-Hole, but I'd hardly call stomping a box of cereal "One of the most classless acts in all of sports history".

Yeah, but who cares. It's stupid to do what he did but it's pretty stupid to get all bent out of shape about it too. He or someone associated with the Dolphins paid for that box of Flutie flakes so he can do whatever he wants with it and Flutie's foundation still got the money. Unless he encouraged people to go into super markets, take the boxes down off the shelf and stomp them so they can't be bought then I really think it's people making a big deal out of a pretty insignificant gesture.

Flutie also could have not fumbled to the end the game that day. Then Johnson probably wouldn't have stepped on some cereal.

Not saying that Johnson didn't have the right to do what he did.

Just saying that it speaks volumes as to the type of person that he is.

And while it is one of the most classless acts I've witnessed in a post game celebration, I've never lost sleep over it, nor have I let it affect me in any way other than to think that Johnson is an ignorant, piece of trash.

Well, JJ is a complete A-Hole, but I'd hardly call stomping a box of cereal "One of the most classless acts in all of sports history".

Well, perhaps in the sub-category, "Most classless act while gloating in victory."

BTW Deanage, now that you bring it up, what classless acts exceed the stomping of the flakes?

Well, perhaps in the sub-category, "Most classless act while gloating in victory."

BTW Deanage, now that you bring it up, what classless acts exceed the stomping of the flakes?

I just don't see stomping a box of cereal as all that outrageous when compared to many of the classless, physical acts that occur on and off the field. It's a freakin' box of cereal.

I just don't see stomping a box of cereal as all that outrageous when compared to many of the classless, physical acts that occur on and off the field. It's a freakin' box of cereal.

That's the thing.

I'm not saying it's a heinous act. There would have to be physical harm and/or degradation for that to be the case.

But from a symbolic standpoint, it's nearly as extreme as an act can be.

A professional athlete markets a product for which the proceeds go to a charity to fund a cure for a childhood disease that his son is afflicted by.

An opposing coach, in winning a game against the professional athlete takes the athlete's product and stomps it into the ground. With video cameras running.

Like I said, it's not a heinous act, nor is it sick or depraved.

But I would be hard pressed to think of another act in an equivalent context that is as classless.

I mean, the basic credo amongst athletes is that "you don't show up your opponents."

While that line gets crossed from time to time, I can 't think of anything that comes close to this.

Terrell Owens spiking the football on the Dallas Cowboys star after scoring a TD for the Niners? Not even close.

Come on The Dean. You're wimping out on us. You said it was not the most classless thing, Well if it's not, what's worse? If you can't come up with something, then maybe San Jose Bills Fan is right. I'm having a hard time coming up with anything worse.

Come on The Dean. You're wimping out on us. You said it was not the most classless thing, Well if it's not, what's worse? If you can't come up with something, then maybe San Jose Bills Fan is right. I'm having a hard time coming up with anything worse.

TO

JJ is supposed to be a contestant on survivor this upcoming season, let's see if he can keep all those

hairs in place now! Should be fun to watch to see that f#t P%g sweat.

Any cheap shot on the field that leads to (or has the potential to lead to) an injury (think Jack Tatum, think Brad Butler in college, etc).

Now of course, it has been revised to something like "Most classless act while gloating in victory". I don't real feel like spending time thinking of any post game altercations, threats, coach backstabbing, players blaming one another, etc. It isn't worth my time. Plus, I'm convinced that if I go to the trouble of recalling these other acts, then the claim will be further revised to something like, "Most classless non-violent act by a coach while gloating in victory" and finally "Most classless act against a box of cereal while gloating in victory." BTW, I can live with that last one.

Once again, it was a BOX OF CEREAL. That alone should exempt it from being called most classless, as many very classless things have occurred in sports.

Now, PLEASE, stop making it seem like I'm defending that scum bag Jimmy Johnson. I have to freakin' take a shower every time I post in this thread.

EDIT: The difference between TO's antics (like the star) and JJ's stomping of cereal is TO has a knack of actually being funny.

Any cheap shot on the field that leads to (or has the potential to lead to) an injury (think Jack Tatum, think Brad Butler in college, etc).

Now of course, it has been revised to something like "Most classless act while gloating in victory". I don't real feel like spending time thinking of any post game altercations, threats, coach backstabbing, players blaming one another, etc. It isn't worth my time. Plus, I'm convinced that if I go to the trouble of recalling these other acts, then the claim will be further revised to something like, "Most classless non-violent act by a coach while gloating in victory" and finally "Most classless act against a box of cereal while gloating in victory." BTW, I can live with that last one.

Once again, it was a BOX OF CEREAL. That alone should exempt it from being called most classless, as many very classless things have occurred in sports.

Now, PLEASE, stop making it seem like I'm defending that scum bag Jimmy Johnson. I have to freakin' take a shower every time I post in this thread.

EDIT: The difference between TO's antics (like the star) and JJ's stomping of cereal is TO has a knack of actually being funny.

An ever-so-Deanish post which embodies all of your sterling qualities.

And BTW, what's with the not-so-subtle disrespect in your main paragraph…or was that supposed to be an attempt at humor?

Whatever, Dean.