You guys are just ridiculous - Pitt is not that go

daquixers

#1 - NE is not that good (better than us) , but not that good

#2 - Eagles are good in the NFC - but in the AFC they would be 7-4 at BEST right now

#3 - Pitt is not that good

I am sick of hearing how good Pitt is. Roethlisberger is already starting to look bad and if anyone disagrees just look at his last 3 games. His first 5 games he was new and the defenses were tryin to adjust. Now the defenses have adjusted and in his last 3 games he has 15 sacks, 2 interceptions and 2-3 fumbles.

Now lets look at their schedule:

Oakland: 4-7

Baltimore: 7-4

Miami: 2-9

Cincinatti: 5-6

Cleveland: 3-8

Dallas: 4-7

NE: 10-1

Philly: 10-1

Cinci: 5-6

Washington: 3-8

So their opponents overall record is 56-65 ... are you joking me ... They have played THREE teams with a winning record ... and Cinci, Cleveland, and Washington all gave them fits. What is everyone so hyped about this team?

#2 - Eagles are good in the NFC - but in the AFC they would be 7-4 at BEST right now

I am sick of hearing how good Pitt is. Roethlisberger is already starting to look bad and if anyone disagrees just look at his last 3 games. His first 5 games he was new and the defenses were tryin to adjust. Now the defenses have adjusted and in his last 3 games he has 15 sacks, 2 interceptions and 2-3 fumbles.

So their opponents overall record is 56-65 ... are you joking me ... They have played THREE teams with a winning record ... and Cinci, Cleveland, and Washington all gave them fits. What is everyone so hyped about this team?

143208[/snapback]

Well, they killed the Pats and Eagles, and Burress was out for most of the last 2 games. Once Burress and Staley come back, they'll be even better.

Well, they killed the Pats and Eagles, and Burress was out for most of the last 2 games.  Once Burress and Staley come back, they'll be even better.

143222[/snapback]

Read what I said about the Pats and Eagles above. And dont give me the bullcrap about Staley. Jerome Bettis has given them 120-130 yards and 1-2 TD's a game in the past 4 weeks ... they have NOT missed the running game AT ALL.

Read what I said about the Pats and Eagles above. And dont give me the bullcrap about Staley. Jerome Bettis has given them 120-130 yards and 1-2 TD's a game in the past 4 weeks ... they have NOT missed the running game AT ALL.

143229[/snapback]

Read what I wrote about them missing Burress, as well as Staley, who gives them another dimension from Bettis, who is at best a backup at this point in his career. To put it in Bills terms, Staley is more like Willis and Bettis is more like Travis.

Well, the Bengals would have a winning record if the Steelers had lost to them once. I watched both of their games vs. Cleveland and they were both over by halftime, so I'm not sure what qualifies as "giving fits". The Redskins haven't scored 19 points all year, so once you get 2 scores up on them the game is over...

They've played really well, though I still think NE is better.

Read what I wrote about them missing Burress, as well as Staley, who gives them another dimension from Bettis, who is at best a backup at this point in his career.  To put it in Bills terms, Staley is more like Willis and Bettis is more like Travis.

143243[/snapback]

Well that last 4 weeks, Bettis has rushed for more yards than Willis so your analagy is pretty far off.

Well, the Bengals would have a winning record if the Steelers had lost to them once.  I watched both of their games vs. Cleveland and they were both over by halftime, so I'm not sure what qualifies as "giving fits".  The Redskins haven't scored 19 points all year, so once you get 2 scores up on them the game is over...

They've played really well, though I still think NE is better.

143250[/snapback]

Huh? Are you blind - Pitt was only up by 2 points to Cleveland with 3 minutes left in the game ...

Then WHO is good? You seem to trash every team. The fact you say New England is not good makes me wonder about you. The Pats are not just good...they are a freakin' football machine! How many games in a row do they need to win before you admit that? If a team that wins 29 of 30 games and 2 Super Bowl in 3 years "isn't that good," then what, pray tell, IS a good team?

I can see your point about the Steelers. The Eagles have to win when it counts to earn respect. But you have to be blind to say the Patriots aren't the NFL gold standard right now.

PTR

why is it that the teams with the best records are always "not that good".

If you are 10-1, 9-2, 8-3, 7-3, 7-4 then you are darn good at this point no matter how you "break it down".

143263[/snapback]

Possibly because they play on of the easiest schedules in the NFL.

Then WHO is good?  You seem to trash every team.  The fact you say New England is not good makes me wonder about you.  The Pats are not just good...they are a freakin' football machine!  How many games in a row do they need to win before you admit that?  If a team that wins 29 of 30 games and 2 Super Bowl in 3 years "isn't that good," then what, pray tell, IS a good team?

I can see your point about the Steelers.  The Eagles have to win when it counts to earn respect.  But you have to be blind to say the Patriots aren't the NFL gold standard right now.

PTR

143267[/snapback]

New England is a very good team - just not great. The Colts are a very good team.

143208[/snapback]

You're crazy. The Eagles aren't that good? 4 losses in the AFC?? Give me a break. The Patriots are not that good?? 10-1...spank everyone except PITT!!

Who the hell IS good then? And I mean besides your hard-on for Peyton and the Colts. Are they the only really good team in the NFL??

If the Steelers, Eagles and Pats aren't that good (3 best records in the league) then the rest of the teams in the NFL blow a huge dick.