Mom Told to Stop Breastfeeding Six-Year-Old!!

Steely Dan

Linkage

Mom Told to Stop Breastfeeding Six-Year-Old

Updated: Wednesday, 14 Jul 2010, 7:54 PM MDT

Published : Wednesday, 14 Jul 2010, 7:54 PM MDT

(Herald Sun) - A court ordered an Australian mother Wednesday to stop breastfeeding her six-year-old son.

A custody hearing in Melbourne was told the woman had encouraged the little boy to breastfeed when he visited her last year.

The mother denied breastfeeding the youngster, then five, saying he wanted to touch her breasts, according to court documents.

However, the court rejected her explanation and restrained the mother from exposing her breasts to the child, requiring him to breastfeed or permitting him to touch her breasts....

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) <_<

Linkage

(Herald Sun) - A court ordered an Australian mother Wednesday to stop breastfeeding her six-year-old son.

A custody hearing in Melbourne was told the woman had encouraged the little boy to breastfeed when he visited her last year.

The mother denied breastfeeding the youngster, then five, saying he wanted to touch her breasts, according to court documents.

However, the court rejected her explanation and restrained the mother from exposing her breasts to the child, requiring him to breastfeed or permitting him to touch her breasts....

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) <_<

I just ate cottage cheese for lunch. :unsure:

Meh. Early weaning is a modern phenomena.

Historically the average age to stop breatfeeding has been two to four years, and depending on the culture you can often add a year or two to that upper figure.

Exactly!

My great-aunt (they were country folk) tells of the story how her child (my father's cousin) didn't get weaned till about 5-6 years old! :w00t: He was born in the late 1920's or early 1930's... I forget now? She was a pretty open lady... Would explain how the child would just come up to her and you know... Had to start weaning and detering the youngster with stuff like mustard... :angry::angry:

I think it's interesting to consider that period of a man's life when he does not have that intimate access to a woman's body, approximately age 2 to 18. You could make a very good argument that that's the best, most peaceful time of his (our) life. There's an irony there (or a paradox at least). And inside that irony is maybe an indication of the terrifying power that women wield against us. :lol::w00t:

Linkage

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! :):rolleyes:;)

i'm still being breast fed, but not by my mom. some woman i met 13 yrs ago. no milk though. that sucks!! or better yet, me sucks!

breast feeding is the best at any age!

I think it's interesting to consider that period of a man's life when he does not have that intimate access to a woman's body, approximately age 2 to 18. You could make a very good argument that that's the best, most peaceful time of his (our) life. There's an irony there (or a paradox at least). And inside that irony is maybe an indication of the terrifying power that women wield against us. :rolleyes:;)

Quit bogarting that blunt...