Bills preseason predictions

DCgirl

Whatever happened to the posting of people's records for their preseason predictions about the Bills record and the outcome of each game? For the first several weeks - we would get updates about who was "winning" based on their predictions. I haven't seen any posts about it in a while.

Whatever happened to the posting of people's records for their preseason predictions about the Bills record and the outcome of each game?  For the first several weeks - we would get updates about who was "winning" based on their predictions.  I haven't seen any posts about it in a while.

143095[/snapback]

That might be about three servers ago.

You may be referring to the contest wherein I put up $150 dinner for anyone who could accurately predict our win/loss record back in April. I still have the spreadsheet, but the cool dude who posted it for everyone to access would have to remind me what the link is.

Keeping in mind you had to pick the exact wins and losses on the season, we had approximately 200 people participate. After week one, we were down to eight. By week five, everyone was out, thus proving my point that regardless of what anyone thinks they know in April, they don't know crap.

You may be referring to the contest wherein I put up $150 dinner for anyone who could accurately predict our win/loss record back in April. I still have the spreadsheet, but the cool dude who posted it for everyone to access would have to remind me what the link is.

Keeping in mind you had to pick the exact wins and losses on the season, we had approximately 200 people participate. After week one, we were down to eight. By week five, everyone was out, thus proving my point that regardless of what anyone thinks they know in April, they don't know crap.

143117[/snapback]

Yes, that's what I'm thinking of. I didn't keep a record of my picks and I was curious about how close I was. I had predicted an 8-8 season and it looks like we may finish close to that.

Whatever happened to the posting of people's records for their preseason predictions about the Bills record and the outcome of each game?  For the first several weeks - we would get updates about who was "winning" based on their predictions.  I haven't seen any posts about it in a while.

143095[/snapback]

DCGirl, IIRC, most posters figured on 7 - 9 to 9 - 7. Some good souls said 14 and 2, and some crusty types said 3 - 13.

It's a dice roll, under the best of circumstances! :lol:

Yes, that's what I'm thinking of.  I didn't keep a record of my picks and I was curious about how close I was.  I had predicted an 8-8 season and it looks like we may finish close to that.

143124[/snapback]

Here's the way you picked 'em DCGirl...

JACKSONVILLE -W

at Oakland - L

BYE

NEW ENGLAND-L

at New York Jets - L

MIAMI - W

at Baltimore - L

ARIZONA - W

NEW YORK JETS - W

at New England -L

ST. LOUIS - W

at Seattle - L

at Miami -L

CLEVELAND - W

at Cincinnati - L

at San Francisco - W

PITTSBURGH - W

Here's the way you picked 'em DCGirl...

JACKSONVILLE -W

at Oakland - L

BYE

NEW ENGLAND-L

at New York Jets - L

MIAMI - W

at Baltimore - L

ARIZONA - W

NEW YORK JETS - W

at New England -L

ST. LOUIS - W

at Seattle - L

at Miami -L

CLEVELAND - W

at Cincinnati - L

at San Francisco - W

PITTSBURGH - W

143160[/snapback]

Thanks LA!!

I'd predicted 5-11, and I stand by that until the win six.

Not bad on your picks, BTW. You missed on Jacksonville (which SHOULD have been a 'W', if only the defense had done their job) and Seattle. Missed two out of eleven games, but still had them at 5-6 anyway. Impressive.

Not bad on your picks, BTW.  You missed on Jacksonville (which SHOULD have been a 'W', if only the defense had done their job) and Seattle.  Missed two out of eleven games, but still had them at 5-6 anyway.  Impressive.

143173[/snapback]

I agree. I was looking at those picks and was impressed as well.

Not bad on your picks, BTW.  You missed on Jacksonville (which SHOULD have been a 'W', if only the defense had done their job) and Seattle.  Missed two out of eleven games, but still had them at 5-6 anyway.  Impressive.

143173[/snapback]

Thanks! I don't think my future predictions will hold up though - I don't see us losing to the Fish (at least I hope we don't!!)

Thanks!  I don't think my future predictions will hold up though - I don't see us losing to the Fish (at least I hope we don't!!)

143203[/snapback]

You do have a handicapping future. PM me when I decide to gamble again.

I wasn't trying to be an as$ with the server thing either, Scott, did you reload the old threads pertaining? Or are they gone for posterity? My search doesn't.

DCGirl, IIRC, most posters figured on 7 - 9 to 9 - 7. Some good souls said 14 and 2, and some crusty types said 3 - 13.

It's a dice roll, under the best of circumstances! :lol:

143137[/snapback]

I think I predicted a record of 4-2-10.

Needless to say, I'm shocked we haven't had at least 6 ties by now.

I learned by about 1969 not to even try to predict what the Bills are going to do ahead of time. If there were ever a textbook example of "You never know", their poster children would be the Buffalo Bills. Gotta love 'em.

JACKSONVILLE -L

at Oakland - L

BYE

NEW ENGLAND-L

at New York Jets - L

MIAMI - W

at Baltimore - L

ARIZONA - W

NEW YORK JETS - W

at New England -L

ST. LOUIS - W

at Seattle - W